You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

André Villas Boas (Manager)

Roger Hunt

Rafa a 4-4-2 merchant? Didn't he basically bring 4-2-3-1 to this country while everyone was still playing 4-4-2?

And got routinely slated for It by Andy Gray and the other Oiks on sky!

Yet strangely they never mentioned It when we tore apart United and Madrid in the same week!

Chelsea has not made an approach for ex-Liverpool coach Rafael Benitez, his agent told Goal.com.

The 51-year-old coach is considered the early favorite to become Chelsea's new permanent coach after the club dispensed with the services of Andre Villas-Boas on Sunday.

Benitez's representative does not rule out a new stint in the Premier League, where Benitez coached between 2004 and 2010, but says Chelsea has not contacted his client.

"Up until this moment, there has not been any offer from Chelsea for Benitez," Manuel Garcia Quilon told Goal.com. "We are aware of the rumors, but we would like to deny them. There has been no contact yet.

Benitez has been out of work since leaving Inter in December 2010 after the club's dismal start to last season. He is looking for a job and admitted that returning to the Premier League was his 'priority' after his failed stint in Italy.

"Benitez is open to discussing any important offer," the agent said.

During his six-year stint at Liverpool, the Spanish coach helped the Reds win one FA Cup and one Champions League crown, among other trophies.

Goal

Wirral Jaffa cake eating champion 2009 sadly does not count and neither does glorified friendlies..

Not sure if that is supposed to be a personal insult aimed at rafa you stupid cunt but last time I checked the community shield is a trophy. Why don't you just support viking or some other shit norwegian team and leave us alone?

Not sure if that is supposed to be a personal insult aimed at rafa you stupid cunt but last time I checked the community shield is a trophy. Why don't you just support viking or some other shit norwegian team and leave us alone?

No point in getting wound up over Code's view of Benitez. I'm not sure how, but there is definitely something personal to it. When asked, Code won't deny it, but won't say either. I half suspect Code sent a video of himself to Real while Benitez was in charge of the youth team/U19's/Real B, and got rejected.

• Upvote 1

Guest ShoePiss

Norwegians don't like their own football, they average less than 10k at their games.

No point in getting wound up over Code's view of Benitez. I'm not sure how, but there is definitely something personal to it. When asked, Code won't deny it, but won't say either. I half suspect Code sent a video of himself to Real while Benitez was in charge of the youth team/U19's/Real B, and got rejected.

Without sounding too melodramatic, there are certain ways I think Liverpool supporters should conduct themselves. I learnt them from my dad. If someone from norway decides one day to 'support Liverpool' the least they can do is actually find out what that means and most do. This prick hasn't got a clue. One of the most important things my old man taught me was to respect loyal servants to the club. This prick displays absolutely no respect whatsoever. He was even having a go in the hillsborough thread on remembrance day.

I wonder who will be taking that job. Its obviously not Rafa as Di Matteo has it till the end of the season. I'd have said Capello myself, maybe he will but wants a few months off. That is the two who could take it now.

So who is employed and could take it at the end of the season? Guardiola,Deschamps,Mourinho? Maybe.

I hope they don't go looking for Joachim Low. I hope he is ours after the next world cup.

I was banging on about him when Rafa and then Hodgson left , if we were not such a mess off the field back then who knows....

Lots of paper talk saying he will go to Madrid this summer.

Rafa is getting an award in Trinity College Dublin tomorrow for outstanding contribution to sport.

There was a time that I didnt regret not applying myself to the maximum possible level in school so I could get into the best College into the country. Now that he's going to be there tomorrow I do.

Are you for real?

But seriously when you start counting glorified friendlies you know you are getting a bit desperate.

I wonder if the LMA will come out and ask why yet another manager has been sacked too hastily without being given enough time to implement his ideas. In fact, I don't wonder because I'm pretty certain they won't, since he wasn't born in the British Isles and hasn't tossed Whiskeynose's salad.

Well, I guess I didn't quite call it right, because the LMA have come out and slated Chelsea for the sacking. However, I genuinely think that if Ray Wilkins had still been at the club and got the temporary job ahead of Di Matteo, the LMA would not have said a word. Recently, both Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday sacked their managers even though both clubs are doing OK in League One, but the LMA haven't to my knowledge been vociferous in condemning those clubs for their actions, and I think it's because they got Simon Grayson and Dave Jones as replacements.

As for the media coming out and condemning the decision, well, they couldn't wait for Villas-Boas to get booted out. But then, they live in a world of hypocrisy.

Well, I guess I didn't quite call it right, because the LMA have come out and slated Chelsea for the sacking. However, I genuinely think that if Ray Wilkins had still been at the club and got the temporary job ahead of Di Matteo, the LMA would not have said a word. Recently, both Huddersfield and Sheffield Wednesday sacked their managers even though both clubs are doing OK in League One, but the LMA haven't to my knowledge been vociferous in condemning those clubs for their actions, and I think it's because they got Simon Grayson and Dave Jones as replacements.

As for the media coming out and condemning the decision, well, they couldn't wait for Villas-Boas to get booted out. But then, they live in a world of hypocrisy.

The media didn't want Ancelotti or Mourino sacked. They're both foreign.

Without sounding too melodramatic, there are certain ways I think Liverpool supporters should conduct themselves. I learnt them from my dad. If someone from norway decides one day to 'support Liverpool' the least they can do is actually find out what that means and most do. This prick hasn't got a clue. One of the most important things my old man taught me was to respect loyal servants to the club. This prick displays absolutely no respect whatsoever. He was even having a go in the hillsborough thread on remembrance day.

Absolutely spot on mate.Couldnt have put it better.

Indeed. Which is why I can't bring myself to read any Carragher threads on here anymore. And Benitez ones are worse.

Turbo neg from Code for agreeing with someones comment.Worra twat.Get a life u sad twat its a forum ,people are entitled to have a different opinion to your bitter twisted view of the club.

So are you saying people are allowed to not think much of Rafa and that counting glorified friendlies as trophies might be a bit desperate?

Because thats not the impression I got earlier.