You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If Roy were to go who would be your choice as manager?

Simbo

Who do you want as next Liverpool manager?  

291 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as next Liverpool manager?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pellegrini has the experience and actual achievements with a small club like Villarreal and handled a year in the cauldron of Real Madrid where he gained their record points total in La Liga.

He should have got the job in the summer but Purslow and certain players think they know what's best

Every day that passes, the job a new manager would have to take on gets bigger and bigger. Pretty soon it will end up bigger than anyone whose prepared to take it will be able to manage!

I liked the idea of Pelligrini, but if we leave it too long the reality of a relegation battle vs. the risk of his not adapting immediately could rule him out.

Likewise, I thought Dalglish could bring enough of a bounce and enough continuity to see us through in the short-term. Now I'm not convinced that's enough.

I am now officially MrUndecided.

Guest Scaramanga

Hiddink has always struck me as a bit of a mercenary fucker, we need someone who is going to be here for the long haul. Commited to the future of the club, nothing less will do. Although I would admit, he could be ideal as an interim.

I'd go for Felix Magathe. Although I chose Rijkaard in the poll.

Hiddink has always struck me as a bit of a mercenary fucker, we need someone who is going to be here for the long haul. Commited to the future of the club, nothing less will do. Although I would admit, he could be ideal as an interim.

I'd go for Felix Magathe. Although I chose Rijkaard in the poll.

Well, I don't know if Hiddink is mercenary, but I read a really good interview with him and he said at this point in his career he liked really well structured, well defined, closed projects.

And, last time we were linked with him, Chelsea made a point of offering him an executive position, or so it was said. I can't see him ending up here.

I'd go for Kenny till the end of the season, keep us up (can't believe I typed that) and get all the boardroom and long term decisions off the field sorted without distraction of the manager issue. Then close season I'd like someone with a long term vision in place. My choices would be Loew or Quique Sánchez Flores.

Guest Scaramanga
Well, I don't know if Hiddink is mercenary, but I read a really good interview with him and he said at this point in his career he liked really well structured, well defined, closed projects.

And, last time we were linked with him, Chelsea made a point of offering him an executive position, or so it was said. I can't see him ending up here.

Don't get me wrong dude, I rate him highly as a manager I just don't think he'd ever be here for longer than the contract we gave him and I don't think thats what we need.

He's had about a dozen clubs and that speaks volumes for me. We need strong leadership, someone who can get us playing football again and more importantly commitment.

Don't get me wrong dude, I rate him highly as a manager I just don't think he'd ever be here for longer than the contract we gave him and I don't think thats what we need.

He's had about a dozen clubs and that speaks volumes for me. We need strong leadership, someone who can get us playing football again and more importantly commitment.

I agree, I didn't word it goodly, but Guus and I were agreeing with your judgment.

Ian Holloway

This year's Phil Brown. No, seriously.

If Blackpool are still holding their own in the Prem come May 2012, or if he has moved on to a bigger job with success, I'll revise my opinion and gladly eat my words. Not being funny like, but Hodgson has put me off "flavour of the month" appointments for life I think.

Pellegrini was my choice in the summer and remains so. Maybe they got him confused with Mauricio Pellegrino when rejecting him?

Ian Holloway

A year ago - before I'd seen much of him - I would've thought this to be completely mental, but now it's actually not so mental. I didn't know he had so much depth to his knowledge, and he's been practically begging for the LFC gig.

Won't happen though.

Voted for Pellegrini. Think he is a perfect fit for what the team requires and has an excellent history to back his claims. A man who broke the influence of Raul and dared drop him, is exactly the man required. Someone who will not shy away from making the tough decisions.

However, would he come to us now after being snubbed for this dithering idiot publically. Espcially, as the decision makers for this are still at the club. It would require Purslow to really backtrack and admit he got it wrong. Something I am skeptical about.

Rjikaard has left Galatasaray.

I found myself having a good smile when i read that this morning.

Very good news, lets hope that the two things ARE connected, however, i fear it might not happen.

Henry needs to get rid of Roy NOW, Hes now got Kenny and Frank who are both free to get! it would be crazy not too.

I feel for the next manager if it isn't Dalglish.

One or two losses or poor performances and some fans will be stating that Kenny should have got the job, because he wanted it.

They will always be in Kenny's shadow, especially while he is working at the club.