You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if this is to do with the US-based holding company, surely a Texas court can't have any jurisdiction on something regarding a Delaware-based holding company, no more than a New York or California court could tell Texas they can't fry mass murderers? Surely it would have to be an injunction from either the state where it is based or a US federal court?

Not an expert on the Yank legal system like, but none of this makes sense to me. Here's hoping I'm (we're) right.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. The high court of another country being challenged by some back water district court in Texas? Really? What's next are the Luxembourg army gonna go to war with the Russians perhaps?

Guest Scaramanga
From The Guardian:

"More on the jurisdiction issue. "If Royal Bank of Scotland does business dealings in Texas, courts there would certainly have personal jurisdiction over the bank," writes Daniel Stauss.

Elsewhere in the Telegraph Paul Kelso claims that "The jurisdiction of the Texas order in the UK was not immediately clear, but sources said the impact of the action could be to put RBS, which has considerable US interests, Broughton, through his role as BA chairman, and NESV in contempt of a US Court."

Liverpool FC sale: High court hearing verdict - live coverage | Steve Busfield and Jacob Steinberg | Football | guardian.co.uk

I think those journos are talking out of their arses dude. They would have jurisdiction over RBS operations in the US but not in the UK.

Anyone remember when Microsoft were fined £500 million by the EU for anti-competitive practices? If what prick & midget are doing has any real foundation other than (like has already been mentioned, a scare tactic) Microsoft could have got a Washington court to say a big fuck you to the EU. They didn't. Because they can't.

I wouldn't think it'd be worth emailing the judge or hasslin as some people have tried to post, the judge probably doesn't know what the fucks goin on and it's just part of the old boys network in jolly old texas, if you know the right prople you can get an injunction for anything, from a state court like texas it means fuck all and i'm sure broughton etc would have guessed that he'd try and pull a stunt like this, for fucks sake it was mentioned on the bbc this mornin as one of the next plans of action would be to sue.

Lets face Hicks is on the brink of losin millions he wasn't gonna walk away with his tail between his legs.

You'll get more satisfaction than today when you see the slimey cunt laughed out of court.

Club statement - NESV to buy. Club to seek to lift restraining order.

Positive, but must mean they think Texas court has jurisdiction. This is getting messy.

No way will RBS go down administration route though.

Think they're just making sure all procedures are followed, cannot see how injunction is valid in some shitty texas court and all RBS have to do is call in the loan and hicks is fucked.

desperate actions from a desperate cunt!

I just wish Hicks would just fuck off. And NESV too. I'm just sick of all things American, there is absolutely no stone they would leave unturned to fuck us over. Shitty US district court taking precedence over the high court is a joke. I'd take adminstration and drive the 9pts to the FA just to get rid of them all and start from scratch.