You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We need a new manager asap

KirkdaleRick

First off he took a side that finished 4th to 5th and won the CL.

Second Hodgson hasn't finished the season and inherited a team that finished 7th which was a sinking ship thanks to multiple factors. You can't just ignore the fact the club is falling apart off the field cos it doesn't suit when it is the main arguement for why Rafa lost his job!

The problem is simple, we are not as good as people seem to think we are, myself included. I saw the big names and thought, yeah challenge for 4th but not make it = good season. The more I've seen though and realised just how much we lack all over the park, coupled with Torres in serious trouble means I overestimated our capabilities. I think Hodgson did the same thing when he took the job.

Once again I am in no way excusing today's result or being completely outclassed by WBA and Blackpool but I can see why he is struggling when you couple in the attitude of some of these players and the off field issues.

He was on a hiding to nothing from day one really, I just feel sorry for him, it's Keane all over again. Talented but the circumstances dictate he's more than likely going to fail. I pray I'm wrong!

You keep hiting me with numbers, 4th to 7th, 4th to 5th. Whatever, League position aside (and it was one place dropped, not eleven) Benitez won the CL in his first season and i repeat, for the last time hopefully, never got us anywhere near 18th in the table.

They are the only numbers that matter. 7th to 18th, and fucking hell they are damning ones. Of course it's early days, but the point still stands. Can anyone predict when we will actually win a game again? Because for all the people i know who confidently predicted that we would batter Blackpool, i had reservations. Massive ones.

The rest of your post i pretty much agree with.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - so far you've blamed Benitez and the Fans. Are you American?

Liverpool FC losing to Blackpool AT ANFIELD IS worthy of the response we see today and far more. What is the fault of "Roy" as you call him is the fact that he's actually found a man in Poulson (notice I don't call him a footballer or player) who makes Lucas look like a pure-bred Brazillian footballer of the great 80's teams we all loved.

You say there is something that should give us hope that he can turn this around - but oh look, you forgot to actually mention what it is that we can hold on to for this hope. Unless you're actually suggesting that taking Fulham from 7th to 12th whilst being beaten in a European cup final is what we should hold on to.

What if I were American? Would that mean I'm automatically part of your conspiracy theory? What would my nationality have to do with anything. For the sake of not going down that road though I'm from Liverpool, Fazak to be more exact.

Liverpool losing to Blackpool at home is worthy of A response, not this response though. It shouldn't give people license to completely overlook the problems before Roy was here and somehow couple them and throw them on his toes. Poulson was a bad signing, every manager has made them and Roy was put in an unenviable position of having to replace Mascherano with pennies. You rarely get anything other than what you pay for. I call Roy, Roy because that's his name.

Where did he take Fulham to when he took over genius? Again though that doesn't fit the hysteria on here.

There are very serious warning signs and Roy is rightly under the kosh, at this point in the season though, that's ALL it should be. Roy deserves the chance to turn this around, I always thought we were Liverpool Football Club not some two bit operation that jump ship after a bad start. If this continues he deserves the boot, it's far too early to hang him out to dry yet though.

I don't think Roy is the man to take us forward, but I'm still hoping that he can bring some stability - ie we start climbing up the table into the top 10 - while the ownership shit/shits is sorted. Sacking him now would, I think, be even worse than keeping him on. We will move up the table, the issue is how high.

Who the hell would want the job anyway? Kenny probably only wants it because he feels a sense of responsibility to the club - he believes he could make a good go of it, and therefore he should raise his head above the parapet. I think whoever took over a demoralised club with little budget and a threadbare squad would struggle - thank God it isn't Kenny at the moment.

There is one thing no one seems to have mentioned here. Blackpool AREN'T shit - they actually played well today. They moved the ball around well, were enthusiastic, never gave up, and looked like they actually trained together. They also took players on when they had the ball - we get rid of it asap, as though it scares us. Poor training at Mellwood maybe, but it is nice if our players look like they give a shit (Stevie did in the last 15 minutes).

I really don't know where we go from here - maybe no one does until we get the ownership sorted out (when?). But if Roy goes, who would want the job? Maybe only Kenny, and I don't want to see shit like this thrown at him. And I am actually more concerned about our performance against Sunderland last week - they were not a good side, unlike today's opponents.

I cant believe there are people on here tryin to tell us fulham have a better squad the us. Please tell me where did fulham finish last season?

Yes they got to the UEFA Cup final, but that happens small or weak sides sides do make it far in cup competitions from time to time, it happens. They get a bit of luck, the rub of the green and the belief carries them on from there. Anyone remember Alaves? They where near the foot of their table when they played us in 2001 and where far from being a top side. You could also look at the Fa Cup final down the years, the likes of Millwall, Cardiff, Wimbledon, Coventry, West Ham, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Brighton etc... Have all made it to the final without being great sides. No the only way you can judge a side is by where they finish in the league and we finished higher then Fulham so that means our squad is better then theirs and it really is as simple as that.

WrongIslander will you just stop feeling you need to defend the current manager because of the dislike you hold for last manager?

Failing this just fuck off and die will ya.

I'll defend the manager of Liverpool against undeserved over the top criticism, if Upset I won't just jump on your bandwaggon? Live with it.

Benitez had his chance, he failed. Roy is yet to have his. The only reason I bring Rafa into it is because people's double standards don't seem to appertain to our latest manager.

Kenny in, Roy out. Let's hope the King can get the players to actually run around a bit and look like they care. By the way, what's up with the fitness of the players, they all looked completely knackered out there today. I'm so angry I would have kicked the telly in if it wasn't so completely expected that we would struggle today. I'm not ashamed to say I made my first serious bet against my beloved Reds today, put the equivalent of 25£ on Blackpool at 16/1. Small consolation at least...

dickhead, not a supporter

I don't think Roy is the man to take us forward, but I'm still hoping that he can bring some stability - ie we start climbing up the table into the top 10 - while the ownership shit/shits is sorted. Sacking him now would, I think, be even worse than keeping him on. We will move up the table, the issue is how high.

Who the hell would want the job anyway? Kenny probably only wants it because he feels a sense of responsibility to the club - he believes he could make a good go of it, and therefore he should raise his head above the parapet. I think whoever took over a demoralised club with little budget and a threadbare squad would struggle - thank God it isn't Kenny at the moment.

There is one thing no one seems to have mentioned here. Blackpool AREN'T shit - they actually played well today. They moved the ball around well, were enthusiastic, never gave up, and looked like they actually trained together. They also took players on when they had the ball - we get rid of it asap, as though it scares us. Poor training at Mellwood maybe, but it is nice if our players look like they give a shit (Stevie did in the last 15 minutes).

I really don't know where we go from here - maybe no one does until we get the ownership sorted out (when?). But if Roy goes, who would want the job? Maybe only Kenny, and I don't want to see shit like this thrown at him. And I am actually more concerned about our performance against Sunderland last week - they were not a good side, unlike today's opponents.

"Clown" and by that I mean, spot on that mate.

You clearly can step back from a situation and see it for what it is.

I am as gutted as anyone after today's loss, shit I'm gutted after any loss but I refuse to go head first into an ill informed ignorant tirade against the manager.

Well played sir, nice to know there are a few of us left!

"Clown" and by that I mean, spot on that mate.

You clearly can step back from a situation and see it for what it is.

I am as gutted as anyone after today's loss, shit I'm gutted after any loss but I refuse to go head first into an ill informed ignorant tirade against the manager.

Well played sir, nice to know there are a few of us left!

It isn't just TODAYS loss.

The thing is mate, they are shit. They only looked good because we stood off them and let them play which gave them more and more confidence as the game went on. Icant say i'm surprised by our tactics though seeing as we've played exactly the same way in every league game this season.

If we'd attacked from the off and took the game to them pressing them high up the pitch, they would of been able to live with us. But Roy wont let the players do that he wants us to sit bak, invite pressure onto us and try and hit the opponents on the break no matter who they are and it simply isn't working.

Imo if he's not goin to change his way of approaching games then he should do the decent thing and walk or the board should get rid, because at the moment he is doin more harm then good.

Liverpool losing to Blackpool at home is worthy of A response, not this response though.

Again you try to isolate it to just this game - it's worthy of this response when you take it in the context of the dismal start to the season and having just lost to NORTHAMPTON TOWN!

Now you can pretend we're in a false position if you like as we have played Man Utd, Arsenal and Man City and we only got 1 point from those games. What we should be very very very very worried about is the fact that we've played Birmingham, Sunderland, West brom and Blackpool and beaton ONLY ONE of them. In fact we've only taken 2 points from Birmingham, Sunderland and Blackpool. THAT deserves this response and more!

It shouldn't give people license to completely overlook the problems before Roy was here

Those problems were here for Benitez as well but you seemed to want to blame him for them.

Poulson was a bad signing, every manager has made them

Yet you want to use the bad signing of Benitez against him - how does that work?

Where did he take Fulham to when he took over genius?

He took them from 7th to 12th - which part of that do you need to be a genius for?

If this continues he deserves the boot, it's far too early to hang him out to dry yet though.
How long do we wait - until we're in the championship?

Hodgson needs to be relieved of his duties post haste.

The situation is desperate and we can`t afford sit and wait for him to somehow turn things around.

We`ve been 2nd best in every League game thus far and the results have reflected this. There have been no signs of improvement or green shoots of recovery, no emerging signs of a clear playing strategy or any sense of direction whatsoever.

We are now a national laughing stock. The situation has to be rectified now!

WrongIslander can I ask you a question? Are you happy with the way the team are playin? Do you have any idea as to what kind of style Roy is tryin to implement on the side and do you think its workin? Or do think its goin to work? Because for me it just looks a mess at the moment and the players dont look like they know what they're supposed to be doin.

In all seriousness, how much would it cost to pay him off? Can we afford to (i can't believe we're back to that question already!)

Think this is the best question in this thread - whether the team is better than Fulham or whether Benitez did well or not is irrelevant. And obviously this manager should not be judged against his predecessor. He should be judged by what he is responsible for - which is leaving Liverpool in the relegation zone, taking 5 points at home from four games and one point away from three games. It is not good enough and we should release him now instead of running the risk of a season in the bottom half of the table.

But back to the question - Broughton and Purslow decisions, to pay off our former manager, paying Fulham £2m to release RH and letting the new manager invest £8-9m in "old" players like Konchesky and Poulsen (and also Meireles even though I think he´s a great player), looks like extremely bad business. We would now also have to pay Hodgson and the staff he brought in to leave, which again would be more than £10m! Which we probably can´t afford at this time - leaving us with Roy Hodgson for the time being.

All we really needed in the summer was for the board to have appointed Dalglish on a temporary basis until new owners arrived. Instead they have made a bad situation much worse. Well Done!

All we really needed in the summer was for the board to have appointed Dalglish on a temporary basis until new owners arrived. Instead they have made a bad situation much worse. Well Done!

Yep he would had the fans on his side and because of that he would've been afforded the time and patience to try and get things right. It would've made perfect sense, but since when has this board implemented any common sense when it comes to decision making?

I think it's playing into the hands of RBS now. We are no longer worth anywhere near what cancer and aids want for the club. Refinancing the club would be a very unwise decision with our current form and league position.

Maybe just maybe this is what the players have been aiming for (I know it's unlikely but we can hope) and all will become clear in just 3 days time.

It's also time for Roy to gracefully admit he can't do the job and move on. I would hate to have O'neill though and I can't see them giving it to Kenny or kenny taking it.

Do you have any idea how long that could take though? It could be months, even years if they get someone to refinance them. By then we could well be a championship side or even worse. And if you think that sort of decline isn't possible, just think back 18 months ago, we finished second in the league and look where we are now.

We need to act fast and we need to act now before anymore damage is done.

No I don't mate but choping and changing won't help. We need a manager to work with the team and prepare them for life after H&G. A time where we can improve and be backed with cash.

The damage has been done already as far as I am concerned. Right now, we are trying to limit the cost of the damage.

Pretty much what I spent all of last season saying.

Good work, ART!

I was saying it then as well.