You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ynwa20

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time will tell. It's going to take longer then six games to tell though.

30 years in managment tells. If that's not enough time then I don't know what is.

Expect more squirming nonsense from the Royalists, they will continue to prop up this monstrosity of a manager in a misguided attempt to save face. Make no mistake, they will know almost to a man that his appointment has been a catastrophe.

Our season is already a disaster, we're at damage limitation stage already.

I don't see how they can justify the performances for much longer.

Starting the summer as your sixth season in charge with a squad that finished 2nd. Had nothing net to spend right enough

Starting the summer with a squad that finished 7th with fuck all to spend either.

See the difference? Damage was done and not by Roy.

That squad that finished seventh was hampered by injurys to key players all season and missed out on 4th by 2 wins,roy has most of the same squad and has had the chance to add to it,if rafa had to go for missing 4th by 2 wins and getting us to a euro semi final then roy has to go if he doesnt get 4th.

I want me one of those managers who just walks into a demoralised squad and snaps his fingers, and makes everything okay. Someone like...I don't know...Jose Mourinho. Oh no, there was already huge talent and financial backing there. Eh...Inter Milan! No. Same.

Alex Ferguson. No. He snapped his fingers, but it took four years to win anything.

Never mind. Suppose I'll have to make do with old-school methods - getting to know a squad over time, and seeing how they respond to instructions and pep-talks.

You mean like Harry Redknapp at Spurs, who came in after the window shut with Spurs at the bottom of the table with 2 points from 8 games, and went on a great run picking up 16 points from their next 8 games

Who knows?
Anyone with a clue about football knows.

Time will tell. It's going to take longer then six games to tell though.

Hes already been here more than 6 matches. Hes been in football management 30 years and achieved basically fuck all. How much time do you need

What's clear is day is Rafa had to go. Whether Roy was the right appointment after him will take longer then two months into the league campaign to judge.

Rafa didnt have to go. You dont get rid of a manager without bringing someone better in.

Rafa made us the No1 ranked team in europe. He won the champions league. He broke our record for consecutive clean sheets. He broke our record for consecutive wins. Can you honestly see Hodgson achieving even one of those?? Could you see Hodgson going to spain and beating Barca and Real to the title, twice? Anyone with any sort of clue about football knows that Rafa is a far better manager than Hodgson. We sacked Rafa and he was immediately snapped up by the european champions. Where do you think Hodgson will go when we sack him?

.....Only six games but you know where this is going. Playing counter attacking at home to sunderland. Hoofing the ball from the back for Torres to run onto.

We might aswell have brought Houllier back who was better as these tactics than Hodgson.

Time for Kenneth Dalglish. It cannot be any worse.

Moving the goalposts now, eh?

Spot on there! That was fucking shocking! At 1 point in the 1st half we couldn't even get out of are own half, im not about to write Roy off just yet but the signs aren't good. I still haven't seen us at any point this season have longer than 10 mins were we've played good football and controlled the game.

Why the fuck is this Rafa in Rafa out bollocks still going on in here its fucking boring! Rafa's gone and there's still a decent side out there good enough to play Sunderland off the fucking park! Give it a rest!

Anyone with a clue about football knows.

Hes been in football management 30 years and achieved basically fuck all. How much time do you need

Rafa didnt have to go. You dont get rid of a manager without bringing someone better in.

Rafa made us the No1 ranked team in europe. He won the champions league. He broke our record for consecutive clean sheets. He broke our record for consecutive wins. Can you honestly see Hodgson achieving even one of those?? Could you see Hodgson going to spain and beating Barca and Real to the title, twice? Anyone with any sort of clue about football knows that Rafa is a far better manager than Hodgson. We sacked Rafa and he was immediately snapped up by the european champions. Where do you think Hodgson will go when we sack him?

I don't give a shit about the Inter Milan manager. He had to go and thank fuck he did. If you can't accept that then tough.

Only time will tell whether Hodgson was the right man to follow him though, and I won't be making my mind up after six games. Six games that you'd think the lack of width is a shock for some. We haven't bought a winger in years for christ sake.

The whole backline needs shaking up badly as well, and some really won't be happy about who needs dropped from there

The team that started was unbalanced. Meireles was offering nothing out wide and with Cole coming inside we had no pattern of play

The second he moved Kuyt out wide we looked much more dangerous.

We need to start with the team that finished today against Blackpool and we'll hammer them

I don't give a shit about the Inter Milan manager. He had to go and thank fuck he did. If you can't accept that then tough.

Only time will tell whether Hodgson was the right man to follow him though, and I won't be making my mind up after six games. Six games that you'd think the lack of width is a shock for some. We haven't bought a winger in years for christ sake.

The whole backline needs shaking up badly as well, and some really won't be happy about who needs dropped from there

Your a real idiot arent you? Hes been here more than 6 games. His previous management shows he has never been a good manager. You think at his age hes suddenly going to become a a great manager. Youre a complete fuckwit.

What's clear is day is Rafa had to go. Whether Roy was the right appointment after him will take longer then two months into the league campaign to judge.

Nope. The only thing that was as clear as day is that the owners had to go. The ONLY THING.

Everything else was a matter of very heated conjecture.

Under no circumstances should the manager have gone before the owners.

The board admitted that they couldn't take the club forward, that is why Rafa left/was sacked, Roy Hodgson was/is an appointment that was made simply to make do for a bit, and he can't even do that.

He wasn't expected to win anything, there was no pressure on him to do anything, that is the bracket of Manager he is in, simply someone appointed to tread water, they didn't even try to sell it to us that they had appointed a better manager, they wanted someone in who would see the magic tricks going on with the finances and keep his trap shut about it and keep us ticking over.

He is the puppet of owners and a board with no ambition whatsoever other than taking money out of the club and 'brand loyalty' and he can't even manage 'ticking over' THAT is how bad he is.

There is no question as to whether Roy is the right appointment or whether time will tell. He has won fuck all of any note in 30 odd years, I can answer that for you now.

As for whether he was the 'right' appointment, that very much depends on your agenda doesn't it?

My agenda is pro-LFC and anti-owners, therefore never, ever while there are Stars in the sky and there is a hole in my arse is Roy Hodgson the 'right' appointment for my Club. Never.

Now, you can play all the fucking word games you like, you dopey fucking spud twiddling shithouse, but, the bottom line is, he is a puppet appointment by a bunch of cunts and you are supporting and justifying every move that he makes, so therefore supporting every move that they make.

Have a think about that while you're doing your research into whether the Holocaust actually happened or not, you fucking embarrassment.

You don't give a shite about him but you was quick enough to blame him for todays draw! It was you who started all this shit in this thread you just can't let it lie can you? Posters like you are ruining these fucking boards!

After we draw against Blackpool, and the blueshite get their first League win of the season against us, Roy will show that he is the man of dignity that people keep telling us he is, and fall on his sword.

Clueless bugger will probably miss it but you can't have everything.

Irishlad is a tool. A really big tool.

The End.

thats pretty obvious. Nice words from Thommo today when talking about the protest, Rafa etc

Jeff, whatever you say about Rafa Benitez, the last 15 months, since last Summers transfer window, we're in profit, we shouldn't be in profit we should be spending money.

When you dont spend money, you get £50million in for Alonso and Mascherano and you bring in 2 players for £11million and £4million where are you going to end up finishing Jeff? We still have good players but we are lowering and lowering the standards all the time because of the owners, and I know what you are saying but it's quality in players which that brings about.

A team that finished fourth the previous season then? I'll have him. What was his league form like that season?

He finished fifth which is a lot better than we are going to finish this season.

So you would rather have a manager finishing a place higher but not winning the European Cup. Lets be honest both would do a better job the current incumbent

Guest ShoePiss
They don't want to know about UEFA changing the rules for their hero to even have a chance defending that cup.

what website did this spastic post on before here?

I think you should go back there. You're a massive tool.