You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ynwa20

Believe whatever the fuck you want but know this, I don't give a fucck what you or anyone else here thinks of me.

Blame Hodgson for what you want but painting Rafa as some kind of god who shouldn't have been sacked is laughable.

for someone who doesn't give a shit about the inter milan manager. you seem to spend a healthy amount of time talking about him.

No-one is saying he shouldn't have been sacked. their saying he shouldn't have been sacked and replaced with Hodgson. there is a difference.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you really that thick? You give us irish a bad name, i wish you would just fuck off. NO ONE is painting Rafa as a god. You dont sack your manager unless you can get someone better. We obviously couldnt, therefore we shouldnt have spunked much needed millions on downgrading what we had.

Pretty hard to downgrade on someone who thinks Johnson is an 18m right back and replaces your player of the season with a crock.

Things would be no matter if he was still here. Hodgson given time will turn things around.

I've tried to be pretty balanced with Roy, but things are really trying me now. The opening tactics to too many games have just not been good enough, how many times have we been forced into changing our formation this season?

However, there were some positives today. At least there were periods where we looked like a good, forward-thinking unit. Torres is pretty much there again (adding two assists even if he didn't score - or at least an allowed one, I didn't see it, will have to wait for MoTD) but still largely chasing shadows. Kuyt came back and was deployed in a much more advanced role, Raul tucked behind him at times but Kuyt was still our primary winger (although people who were actually there may disagree, obviously during the dirge period I didn't get to see much of how he was positioned), just in a position where he is more likely to positively affect games. Maxi, Jovo and Patches would all benefit from such a lofty deployment in future so hopefully it's a sign of things to come. Cole played in a slightly deeper and much freer role that I liked, even if he sometimes kept the ball too long and Raul's one-touch passes helped things meld at times.

It fell apart completely after the penalty though and the (lack-of) reaction after the break is inexcusable. Until we scored we were totally out of it. Poulsen's game reflected ours, pretty decent showing prior to the pen, he even started to show some of the bite he had been brought in for. But after the break he was abject and we looked much better without him.

The result is inexcusable and parts of the performance were atrocious (they weren't good, we MADE them look good). But there were yet more hints to Roy of how to deal with this team. If he makes good out of it, then it's still early days. I'm just starting to doubt he ever will.

Christ, that was a bit Kieron Dyer wasn't it? Aside from the last 15-20 minutes when N'Gog was brought on to take some of the burden up front, we thoroughly out played and out fought by a Sunderland side I thought were well worth three points. Quite worrying how we've been penned back for lengthy spells in games by every side we've come across this season (the dreadful Rabotnicki aside). There just didn't seem to be any shape to the midfield and the one thing I'd expect to see from a Roy Hodgson team is for them to be well organised at the back, when we look anything but. I'd honestly love to know what we do on the training ground, because for the last year and a bit, we've just shown no cohesion, no invention and some of our players seriously lack intelligence and basic technical ability. Seriously worrying stuff.

I'm not even confident we'll turn Blackpool over next week. We should do, but we should also have beaten Northampton Town with six internationals on the bloody pitch.

As for Torres, I can fully understand him looking frustrated because it's scandalous how he's getting the square root of fuck all service wise, but Christ, he doesn't half need to pull his finger out.

As for Torres, I can fully understand him looking frustrated because it's scandalous how he's getting the square root of fuck all service wise, but Christ, he doesn't half need to pull his finger out.

I agree, though but for a poor decision he would have scored a typically class goal inside the first couple of minutes.

sadly not

In what way at all was that the fucking performance that we wanted? I've been on the fence and even after today's disgraceful performance, I was still not off the fence, but that is a fucking disgraceful comment... Outplayed for 70minutes at home by a team who can barely win an away game and, "in some ways" its the performance we wanted?

What the fuck has grandpa been smoking? Fuck me.

In what way at all was that the fucking performance that we wanted? I've been on the fence and even after today's disgraceful performance, I was still not off the fence, but that is a fucking disgraceful comment... Outplayed for 70minutes at home by a team who can barely win an away game and, "in some ways" its the performance we wanted?

What the fuck has grandpa been smoking? Fuck me.

Beats the hell out of me.

Your a real idiot arent you? Hes been here more than 6 games. His previous management shows he has never been a good manager. You think at his age hes suddenly going to become a a great manager. Youre a complete fuckwit.

He's been with other clubs that have had a complete different standard of player to Liverpool football club, so counting his previous jobs is ridiculous logic. That's like saying Wenger won fuck all with Nagoya Grampus eight! Huge failure at Fulham that he never won the European Cup, eh?

No-one is saying he shouldn't have been sacked.

Really? There are loads of Reds saying he shouldn't been been sacked, including, shock, horror, a fair few on this little anti-Rafa haven. It's been the most divisive issue I can remember (well, aside from the emergence of booing Skyfans in the ground).

Anyway, that's by-the-by. Who exactly where you realistically expecting broke and dysfunctional LFC to attract and get as a replacement???

Pretty hard to downgrade on someone who thinks Johnson is an 18m right back and replaces your player of the season with a crock.

Things would be no matter if he was still here. Hodgson given time will turn things around.

You having a laugh mate........we havent dominated any game that we have played this season. Just fuck off with your utter tripe.

At least with benitez we were never outplayed by mid table teams at home! Hodgson has to go period

He's been with other clubs that have had a complete different standard of player to Liverpool football club, so counting his previous jobs is ridiculous logic. That's like saying Wenger won fuck all with Nagoya Grampus eight! Huge failure at Fulham that he never won the European Cup, eh?

How about when he took over Blackburn, who had recently been League Champions, spent a lot of money and got them relegated then?

Well it wasnt the worst start to a season in 50 odd years.

Two different levels of squad quality; ready-made back four for a kick off, and some money to spend. A different atmosphere, one was widely welcomed into a steady ownership, with CL games to look forward to, one not.

Roy isn't ideal, I'll give anyone that, but he's what we've got now, and it's not going to get any better anytime soon. I would've preferred KD, but we have to put up until upstairs change suits.

I even think Rafa (who i liked btw) would struggle to do better.

We all have to just sit and wait until after the RBS deadline to see if this is rock bottom or not.

I'm at peace because I've already written this season off.

There simply are no other candidates out there who would take the job now.

You having a laugh mate........we havent dominated any game that we have played this season. Just fuck off with your utter tripe.

At least with benitez we were never outplayed by mid table teams at home! Hodgson has to go period

Where the fuck have you been then? Really take off the glasses and have a look back through his tenure. We were outplayed many a times, especially last season. Even outplayed by a championship side in the FA Cup with a full team on.

Christ, that was a bit Kieron Dyer wasn't it? Aside from the last 15-20 minutes when N'Gog was brought on to take some of the burden up front, we thoroughly out played and out fought by a Sunderland side I thought were well worth three points. Quite worrying how we've been penned back for lengthy spells in games by every side we've come across this season (the dreadful Rabotnicki aside). There just didn't seem to be any shape to the midfield and the one thing I'd expect to see from a Roy Hodgson team is for them to be well organised at the back, when we look anything but. I'd honestly love to know what we do on the training ground, because for the last year and a bit, we've just shown no cohesion, no invention and some of our players seriously lack intelligence and basic technical ability. Seriously worrying stuff.

I'm not even confident we'll turn Blackpool over next week. We should do, but we should also have beaten Northampton Town with six internationals on the bloody pitch.

This is the question I was asking myself over and over again today. I'd love to think that what we're doing is passing and moving, working on finding space in the final third, figuring out how most effectively to get the ball to Torres in dangerous areas and so on, but I honestly can't imagine that any work is being done on our attacking game right now. It just can't be, because if it was there is no way that we would be so bad.

What's worrying though is that if we're spending most of our time focussing on the shape of the team and being "hard to beat", that clearly isn't working either because we look worse at the back than we did last season and we don't seem to be able to either attack or defend as a unit. In fact, this is probably the worst that I can remember us playing in my lifetime. There may have been times that we were worse but I find it hard to believe. I don't think we have seen even a single half of decent football under Roy so far, never mind a whole game.

Come on mate! Did you dream last season?

I'm pissed off seeing Torres collect the ball out on the wing on the half way line surrounded by three defenders. He has turned into more of a provider for Hodgson's Liverpool, linking with players running from deep like for the equaliser.

I'd prefer to see it the other way round, Gerrard not passing to Torres once in a home game is not acceptable.

well done woy, another great display.

i wonder where we'll be come the end of the season at this rate?

i know we have bigger problems than woy, but is anyone even slightly concerned at the start that woy hodgson is having with his lfc managerial job?

i, for one, fucking am.

don't care what the fuck you say, but worst start in 56 years?

WHAT

THE

FUCK

?