You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Captain Jonjo

Ah thanks PB.

I don't care about Rafa anymore. I will always remember him for bringing back our European nights and I am upset he left on a low. I wish we could all just forget the attacks on him and move on. There's no need for the stuff that gets thrown his way.

Some people wont rest until hes in a box six feet under mate. Their hatred for him is both disturbing and most certainly not 'The Liverpool Way'.

The man needed to pay some sort of price for the debacle of last year, that much is obvious. For my mind he has paid for it with his job, but it doesnt seem to stop there with some people.

They seem to want to push it that bit further.

Its time to get over it. Hes gone, let it go. We've got a new manager and the old managers got a new job and is doing his own thing. Time to draw a line under what he achieved or didnt achieve in their eyes.

Negged and that's very rare. Threads like this are utterly pointless and are shitting up the forum. It really needs to stop. I actually thought this thread was going to be some comments on the game when I opened it, more fool me eh?

I watched this tonight, first time I'd seen Rafa's Inter and as I expected it felt odd seeing Rafa sitting in the dugout and us not on the pitch but that's to be expected, he'd been here for a while. Other than that I was emotionally uninvolved and thought it was a reasonably entertaining game.

@piscinin

Actually they were all over the place, it seemed like they were going from 422 to 4231 to even 433 on occasion. Zanetti in particular looked completely lost. That high line cost them, Lucio, Zanetti getting caught out for one of the goals.

Plus there was the usual reluctance to make subs early, it was kind of like watching Liverpool last season.

There is no way that Inter side should be losing to Atletico in my opinion, and I'd assume that Inter fans are pissed, as all the ones I know were desperate for Inter to equal Barcelona's haul of six, which is not possible now.

I was surprised by the result, I thought they'd be up for it, but the team just looked flat.

@piscinin

Actually they were all over the place, it seemed like they were going from 422 to 4231 to even 433 on occasion. Zanetti in particular looked completely lost. That high line cost them, Lucio, Zanetti getting caught out for one of the goals.

Plus there was the usual reluctance to make subs early, it was kind of like watching Liverpool last season.

There is no way that Inter side should be losing to Atletico in my opinion, and I'd assume that Inter fans are pissed, as all the ones I know were desperate for Inter to equal Barcelona's haul of six, which is not possible now.

I was surprised by the result, I thought they'd be up for it, but the team just looked flat.

Cheers, have to see if I can find a torrent.

TBH I thought Atletico would win it, that high line won't work and Atletico know how to beat it. I'm quite surprised he's persisting with it to be honest there was an article in one of the UEFA coaching magazines a year or two back where all the top coaches were talking about how it was practically impossible to make it work consistently given the new active/passive off-side rule. In certain situations yes, but not as part of your core philosophy.

Apparently Mourinho tried it in his first year too but had the good sense to dump it. Now Benitez on the other hand...

Forgot it was even on, so the healing process is working!

End of the highlights, presenter said "Benitez Beaten", apparently it was said in the live show too. Look, I'm glad he left but this shit is getting on my nerves now, and that means you too Mark 'Dreaded Zonal Marking' Lawrenson.

As for the forum, the process was started by his lovers; Rafa's First Press Conference, Rafa's First Pizza etc. There should at least be recognition that there are two lots of people being shitheads (wishing for relegation etc).

Don't the Wafers usually win this game anyway? Trying to make out the competitions alternate success but it's something like 4 CL winners in a dozen years.

Why hasn't Rafa had Simao killed yet? Ever since Benfica he's been a pain in the arse.

Anyway, he's gone get over it.

*Awaits 'first league game' thread*

Forgot it was even on, so the healing process is working!

End of the highlights, presenter said "Benitez Beaten", apparently it was said in the live show too. Look, I'm glad he left but this shit is getting on my nerves now, and that means you too Mark 'Dreaded Zonal Marking' Lawrenson.

As for the forum, the process was started by his lovers; Rafa's First Press Conference, Rafa's First Pizza etc. There should at least be recognition that there are two lots of people being shitheads (wishing for relegation etc).

Don't the Wafers usually win this game anyway? Trying to make out the competitions alternate success but it's something like 4 CL winners in a dozen years.

Why hasn't Rafa had Simao killed yet? Ever since Benfica he's been a pain in the arse.

Anyway, he's gone get over it.

*Awaits 'first league game' thread*

Without question there's a vast swathe of people being shitheads and they belong to every conceivable camp. Every man has a breaking point, I just hit mine last night. Could just as easily have been a post last week or next week that did it but it's been brewing for a while. I did say in my neg message that it wasn't a personal attack on the poster, I just thought the thread was ill-advised and contributed nothing in terms of discussion. It eventually incorporated some comments on the game but that was effectively a hijacking of its original intentions.

I don't have a problem with a thread about any match on here, after all, it is the footy forum. I just wish people that only want to either attack Rafa or blow smoke up his arse would set up a facebook or something instead and keep that shit off here.