You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Masch to Barca for 12m + Hleb

scous3r

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding Hleb to our squad adds more depth and more quality. I have no issues with him if he was with us but not at that quoted price.

Mascherano is worth double that. Calculating Hleb is about 6 to 8 million. Based on that we should get about 18 to 20 million for Mascherano and Hleb, not a penny fucking less.

But overall I am against this rumour, I would rather have a striker than another attacking midfielder in our ranks.

I hope Roy doesnt fall for this.

Adding Hleb to our squad adds more depth and more quality. I have no issues with him if he was with us but not at that quoted price.

Mascherano is worth double that. Calculating Hleb is about 6 to 8 million. Based on that we should get about 18 to 20 million for Mascherano and Hleb, not a penny fucking less.

But overall I am against this rumour, I would rather have a striker than another attacking midfielder in our ranks.

I hope Roy doesnt fall for this.

I think the rumour is bollocks, but, I would accept 18 plus Hleb, which gives us roughly 25 million, not sure the money is out there for a 30 million plus fee. That would give us 5 million towards a left back, and 12 for a striker. I think that will be enough to be getting a long with. B

I think Kelly, Pacheco, Shelvey, Amoo, Ayala and Ince could all feature this year, certainly more than last year, which again adds to the depth.

Would be gutted!

bojan, abidal and mata would be players in the positions we need and we may be able to get them but they would not be my ideal signings!

I think we should be going to barca and real and getting some of their quality fringe players on loan as we are not in the cl so no threat to them. The likes of Diarra from madrid

Given it's unlikely we'll see much of the sale proceeds, a player swap or part exchange would suit us. But I can't see how Hleb would fit in.

If people thought Benayoun was frustrating with his refusal to shoot or release the ball when in a good goalscoring position Hleb would be even worse.

I think the rumour is bollocks, but, I would accept 18 plus Hleb, which gives us roughly 25 million, not sure the money is out there for a 30 million plus fee. That would give us 5 million towards a left back, and 12 for a striker. I think that will be enough to be getting a long with. B

I think Kelly, Pacheco, Shelvey, Amoo, Ayala and Ince could all feature this year, certainly more than last year, which again adds to the depth.

Saying that, its more of a learning curve for them rather than anything else. Only Pacheco and Kelly might have any kind of impact on the first team this season. We cant just use the young guns as back up yet and then rely on them week in week out to perfrom.

We need experience players playing well, thats why I said I have nothing against Hleb coming over since he was so good with Arsenal. Poulsen brings that to the table albeit with no Premier League experience.

The funds from the Mascherano transfer though will probably fund our next LB and striker as you so correctly pointed out. Which is why we need to get top dollar for him.

What I fear however is this rumour being true; if thats the case then I doubt we will be to fund two players with 12 million in our back pocket. If it does happen though we must focus on getting a striker.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Given it's unlikely we'll see much of the sale proceeds, a player swap or part exchange would suit us. But I can't see how Hleb would fit in.

If people thought Benayoun was frustrating with his refusal to shoot or release the ball when in a good goalscoring position Hleb would be even worse.

That's my feelings exactly. A swap - in part or in full - is certainly something I'd like to see. However, it has to be the right player for us.I can't see the point in buying in Hleb. We need to concentrate on getting a striker or left back before we start worrying about players like Hleb.

That's my feelings exactly. A swap - in part or in full - is certainly something I'd like to see. However, it has to be the right player for us.I can't see the point in buying in Hleb. We need to concentrate on getting a striker or left back before we start worrying about players like Hleb.

Aurellio, Agger and Kelly can fill in when must.

Striker first for me and then an LB.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Aurellio, Agger and Kelly can fill in when must.

Striker first for me and then an LB.

I actually think LB is equally important. Aurelio is, I think, one of the best left backs around when he is fit and has had a run of games. The problem being that it only happens once every couple of seasons. When he gets injured, we'll be left with a center back filling in or an inexperienced player. That's not ideal for long periods of the season.

In the striker position we have Kuyt, N'Gog and Jovanovic for cover. Not ideal, and I certainly agree we need a striker to cover Torres' injuries. If we can swap Mascherano for a good striker or LB, we're doing well. The rest of the money, hopefully, can be used on the other missing player.

I actually think LB is equally important. Aurelio is, I think, one of the best left backs around when he is fit and has had a run of games. The problem being that it only happens once every couple of seasons. When he gets injured, we'll be left with a center back filling in or an inexperienced player. That's not ideal for long periods of the season.

In the striker position we have Kuyt, N'Gog and Jovanovic for cover. Not ideal, and I certainly agree we need a striker to cover Torres' injuries. If we can swap Mascherano for a good striker or LB, we're doing well. The rest of the money, hopefully, can be used on the other missing player.

Then I hope we get both then...if I had to choose though (not saying that it will come to that) I would choose Striker.

Javier Mascherano nears Liverpool exit with Barcelona set to bag midfielder for £12m plus Alexander Hleb | Mail Online

Javier Mascherano nears Liverpool exit with Barcelona set to bag midfielder for £12m plus Alexander Hleb

Barcelona are closing in on a deal for Javier Mascherano that would see Alexander Hleb move in the opposite direction to Liverpool.

Sources in Argentina claim an agreement between all parties has been all but agreed for a player who is desperate to leave Anfield for a new challenge abroad.

Trusted Argentine paper Ole says Mascherano will move for just £12million plus 29-year-old Hleb, who has failed to break into Barca's star-studded team since moving from Arsenal two years ago.

Wants out: Mascherano told Liverpool of his intentions to leave after the World Cup

Wants out: Javier Mascherano told new Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson of his intentions to leave Anfield after the midfielder's return from the World Cup

On his return from the World Cup, Mascherano told new Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson that he wanted to leave.

Former Anfield boss Rafa Benitez wanted to take him to Inter Milan, but the European champions have balked at the asking price and indicated they would could not launch a move unless Maicon left for Real Madrid.

Barcelona have reignited interest they had last summer and see Mascherano as the ideal replacement for Yaya Toure, who joined Manchester City for £24m.

An agent purporting to represent Mascherano in Spain admitted this week that the player was desperate to move to the Nou Camp and Barca boss Pep Guardiola has apparently approved the deal after talking to Lionel Messi about the Argentina captain.

Apart from Hleb's lack of goals as stated above he is a fantastic talent, great footwork,link play and technique, can play on left too which would be a great option IMO, was great initially at Stuggart and impressed for Arsenal the move to Barca was silly, but 12 million? I dunno i'd take £15-18 million plus Hleb at a minimum.

No Helb is shit, and that's quite enough out of you

We've only brought 2 players in and one of them on a transfer and suddenly we are being linked with all and sundry.

It's starting to turn into another farce and we need to sort the mascherano situation out asap.

And before anybody says Jovanovic he was already a done deal before world cup.

Agreed. I dont want us to be stuck with Mascherano for the rest of the season or until January. I want players who want to play for us...