You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Good bye MOMO?

Guest simon

Guest simon

Its likely to be the FB Momo who started the Drenthe page well whoever did is in big trouble as he is getting legal action against him. It was a hoax and the player and Agent are pissed off and will take legal action against him.

Its likely to be the FB Momo who started the Drenthe page well whoever did is in big trouble as he is getting legal action against him. It was a hoax and the player and Agent are pissed off and will take legal action against him.

What are they going to sue him for? money? Or to set a precedent? they are jst going to look like twats, cant see it myself.

Guest TK-421
Babel's at it as well: 'I is well mad at dis guy 'Simon' 4 dissing me an asking stoopid questions about rappin an shit. I sue his ass!'

Hellooooo, gkmacca, dat is crazy.

The way babel acts infuriates me. I think i'd of wanted to punch him in real life if he was my neighbour. We're the same age, so he definately would of pissed me off.

i'd of thought you would of got on quite well actually

HAVE

What's the penalty for setting up a hoax profile on the unpoliceable internet these days?

February 23, 2008

World Briefing | Africa

Morocco: Prison for Facebook Prince

By NEIL MacFARQUHAR

Fouad Mourtada, a 26-year-old engineer, was sentenced by a Casablanca court to three years in prison for creating a fake profile of the king’s brother on Facebook, the Internet social networking site, the official news agency MAP reported. He was accused of “villainous practices” and of stealing the identity of the crown prince, Moulay Rachid. The case has ignited the Moroccan blogosphere, which used it as a prime example of deteriorating freedom of expression in the North African kingdom. Hundreds of prank profiles exist on Facebook, for everyone from President Bush to Osama bin Laden. At least four fake Moulay Rachid Facebook pages have now been set up, apparently from the safety of overseas. The defense said it would appeal the sentence, MAP reported. MAP announced at the time of Mr. Mourtada’s arrest that no Moroccan royals maintained Web sites or blogs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/23/world/africa/23briefs-PRISONFORFAC_BRF.html?_r=1