You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Not my favourite journalist

Hermes

If and when we complete our descent through the league(s) will Chrissy's EXCLUSIVES be as highly sought after as when he quit the Echo? His career has peaked methinks... and at the News Of The World.

His bezzies at the club are not going to be around forever - with this crusade Bascombe's will be proven to have shat on his own doorstep.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No I wasn't, and that is a cunt of an accusation and something I thought was beneath you. Shame that.

Really? Maybe you didn't intend it that way, but your post actually came off as a little bit sneering. The *deep breath* - as though your exasperated that someone might actually hold a differing opinion. Your knowing wager of a shiny penny to O202, as though it's looking down on those who don't get it?

If and when we complete our descent through the league(s) will Chrissy's EXCLUSIVES be as highly sought after as when he quit the Echo? His career has peaked methinks... and at the News Of The World.

His bezzies at the club are not going to be around forever - with this crusade Bascombe's will be proven to have shat on his own doorstep.

His ''bezzies'' at the club (whoever you mean) have outlasted the likes of Tony Evans' crews ''bezzies'' at the club anyway.

Really? Maybe you didn't intend it that way, but your post actually came off as a little bit sneering. The *deep breath* - as though your exasperated that someone might actually hold a differing opinion. Your knowing wager of a shiny penny to O202, as though it's looking down on those who don't get it?

Then well done on completely misinterpreting it then. It was a joke that these threads always go the same way, irrespective of the content of the article and those are always the reasons why (and there are quite a few of them). I don't even know why I'm explaining myself, you took it the wrong way, there's nothing I can do about you doing that.

No I wasn't, and that is a cunt of an accusation and something I thought was beneath you. Shame that.

I don't think it was a cunt of an accusation, it was a response to how you put across your post.

You used the obligatory Red Knight reaction which involves the old *insert body movement here*. It comes across exactly as how it's said by Scouse Missionary.

You may not have intentionally meant it that way, but it has come across that way, not just now but in the past also.

Maybe we don't fully get your posting style as well as you thought.

People read these articles and will go with whatever suits their opinion and thats fair enough we all do it. What i find funny is that over past few years, anyone who has dared to criticise Rafa is met with a torrent of abuse, or they have an agenda, or their a manc, or their bitter ex-players, or their people unsuccessful managers so why listen to them et!! hmmmm well its either that or........ maybe its not a massive coincidence and all these people,ex-players,press,media are actually just telling the truth? Which one sounds more rational:

1) All of the media/press, most ex-players are in cahoots, and have united together in a bitter agenda driven witch hunt against Rafa?

Or

2) Their just telling the truth as they see it?

I'll go with the latter, what annoys me is some people are lookin at the managers linked with us and their now saying i told ya so, are we so deluded to think that we were honestly going to bring world class manager and world class players to a club firmly up sh*t creek? A Club that might have a player exodus as it is? A Club that has been relegated to second tier football and will be playing in the Europa League next year?

Why on earth would any world class manager or player in their right mind want to come to us at the moment? Any top class manager/player want to play at the highest level, and we are not there, and to be honest can you blame any footballer for wanting to play at the highest level on the big stage, same goes for a manager, but that still doesn't mean we should have kept Rafa, changes were and are needed.

I don't expect any world class signings, i do expect world class players to leave, i dont expect a world class manager either but i do expect decent replacements and we'll have to make te best of it, might take us a while to get back to the highest level but sure what can we do about it, no point in bitching and moaning like little school girls about a man who is not at the club any more and whom played a major role in getting us in this position.

People read these articles and will go with whatever suits their opinion and thats fair enough we all do it. What i find funny is that over past few years, anyone who has dared to criticise Rafa is met with a torrent of abuse, or they have an agenda, or their a manc, or their bitter ex-players, or their people unsuccessful managers so why listen to them et!! hmmmm well its either that or........ maybe its not a massive coincidence and all these people,ex-players,press,media are actually just telling the truth? Which one sounds more rational:

1) All of the media/press, most ex-players are in cahoots, and have united together in a bitter agenda driven witch hunt against Rafa?

Or

2) Their just telling the truth as they see it?

I'll go with the latter, what annoys me is some people are lookin at the managers linked with us and their now saying i told ya so, are we so deluded to think that we were honestly going to bring world class manager and world class players to a club firmly up sh*t creek? A Club that might have a player exodus as it is? A Club that has been relegated to second tier football and will be playing in the Europa League next year?

Why on earth would any world class manager or player in their right mind want to come to us at the moment? Any top class manager/player want to play at the highest level, and we are not there, and to be honest can you blame any footballer for wanting to play at the highest level on the big stage, same goes for a manager, but that still doesn't mean we should have kept Rafa, changes were and are needed.

I don't expect any world class signings, i do expect world class players to leave, i dont expect a world class manager either but i do expect decent replacements and we'll have to make te best of it, might take us a while to get back to the highest level but sure what can we do about it, no point in bitching and moaning like little school girls about a man who is not at the club any more and whom played a major role in getting us in this position.

You're a welcome addition to this forum.

As much as Reade's excellent article is trumpetted as some kind of victory by those who wanted to hang on to Rafa, even he agrees in that very same article that it was time for him to go.

At least he has more grace about it than Bascombe, but then what can you expect from the sunday scum?

People read these articles and will go with whatever suits their opinion and thats fair enough we all do it.

Sorry, mate, but attempting to make a subjective claim by making an objective pronouncement is just confused. It's also insultingly presumptuous.

As much as Reade's excellent article is trumpetted as some kind of victory by those who wanted to hang on to Rafa, even he agrees in that very same article that it was time for him to go.

At least he has more grace about it than Bascombe, but then what can you expect from the sunday scum?

Zig surely there can be some kind of middle ground?

Bascombe has been a bitter journo for years following is fall out with Rafa. Rafa is far from perfect, he is also far from as shite as some (including Bascombe would like to make out).

He is neither the messiah made out following 05 nor the inept wanker following last season.

There are legitiomate arguments to both keep and get rid of him.

Time will tell which is the correct decision.

People who pay their mortgage off the back of the club will have two "agendas" – what's going to sell, and how they're professionally affected by this or that person having this or that role at the club.

Very, very few people have got clean hands at the moment, which is one of the reasons the current mess is such an epic downer.

Zig surely there can be some kind of middle ground?

Bascombe has been a bitter journo for years following is fall out with Rafa. Rafa is far from perfect, he is also far from as shite as some (including Bascombe would like to make out).

He is neither the messiah made out following 05 nor the inept wanker following last season.

There are legitiomate arguments to both keep and get rid of him.

Time will tell which is the correct decision.

I'm not looking for a middle ground, I'm about where Reade is. Superb manager for many years but his ideas went stale, his politicking made him too many enemies inside and outside the club, and by the end his position was sadly untenable.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Thanks TSO

:)

You'd be even more welcome of you went to User CP>Edit Avatar>Do Not Use an Avatar.

People who pay their mortgage off the back of the club will have two "agendas" – what's going to sell, and how they're professionally affected by this or that person having this or that role at the club.

Very, very few people have got clean hands at the moment, which is one of the reasons the current mess is such an epic downer.

I dunno mate, some people have agendas, and some people don't. For people to say everyone who criticises Rafas is agenda driven, well that doesn't sound veyr rational to me.

For example, Ronnie Whelan, ex LFC player and a good one at that, childhood Man Untied Supporter, we all knew that, hates Rafa well all knew that. He's on the panel at RTE and always speaks his mind, sure he had a problem with Rafa but a problem with LFC? I don't think so mate.

So what has he got to gain by saying what he has about Rafa? Sure he has got abused by fellow Reds who are pro Rafa for years now, he will get paid like most of the other pundits regardless if they say anything about Rafa or not, some tabloids have agendas to sell papers and some people to create controvesy etc but all this witch hunt,agenda driven lark ir pure paranoia in my opinion, its just not logically rational.

I don't see any other person in football outside of LFC that is neutral agreeing with this witchhunt accusation.

Guest TesticleOReilly
I dunno mate, some people have agendas, and some people don't. For people to say everyone who criticises Rafas is agenda driven, well that doesn't sound veyr rational to me.

For example, Ronnie Whelan, ex LFC player and a good one at that, childhood Man Untied Supporter, we all knew that, hates Rafa well all knew that. He's on the panel at RTE and always speaks his mind, sure he had a problem with Rafa but a problem with LFC? I don't think so mate.

So what has he got to gain by saying what he has about Rafa? Sure he has got abused by fellow Reds who are pro Rafa for years now, he will get paid like most of the other pundits regardless if they say anything about Rafa or not, some tabloids have agendas to sell papers and some people to create controvesy etc but all this witch hunt,agenda driven lark ir pure paranoia in my opinion, its just not logically rational.

I don't see any other person in football outside of LFC that is neutral agreeing with this witchhunt accusation.

Column inches, exposure and, subsequently, a paycheck.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Haha i've been meaning to ask some one about that mate, how the hell do i put up an avatar?

You need to make a donation to the site. Well worth it, in my opinion. Repped for getting rid of that annoying error. I'm going to do a little image for Dave to see if he wants to drop it in the right directory...