You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Are we in unofficial administation.

Anny Road

Been thinking about the appointment of Purslow and Broughton.

Both of whom are money men and not football people.

Then Rafa goes for less than the championed 16m Masch, torres , Gerrard muted to be leaving.

This seems to me exactly what would happen should the club be placed into administration.

Are the bank pre-empting administration by putting the men in early and saving a 10 point deduction? Securing the clubs value.

I fear we are staring into the abyss.

Is Liverpool in bankrupty? It seems reasonable , since Europe is in bankruptcy.

We weren't the first club to go into receivership, and we wont be the last. We'll look back in 3-4 years and recognise that the Liverpool problem, was a small identical cellular problem of a global money laundering scam that sees central banks (and their executives) preying on sovereign nations and re-shaping our society from the top down.

There is no trickle down...it's an upwards flood. Football will change because everything has to change. It's all completely unsustainable.

Man Utd, a case in point - bankrupt, and yet they've won just about everything they could over the last 3 years. What does that say about football, and the way it is organised? Millions of friggin' pounds paid to players just to kick a round bag of air into a net.

LFC is a business first and foremost, and it needs to make a profit as a going concern. Chances are there aint enough sugar daddies to go around so we'll just have to do it the ordinary way. Hard work, with moderate debt bankrolled by cashflow - that means lower wage bills (no stars) higher ticket prices and somehow, a good run of results.

If we were going into receivership, assuming he knew, Rafa would stick around for the full wack as wages are pretty much top of the list when it comes to distributing any surplus assets.

Much too much pessimism around here, on finances at any rate

Most CEOs and Chairmen are money men and not football people these days. Certainly our CEO probably has as much an interest in football, if not moreso, then most other CEOs.

Then Rafa goes for less than the championed 16m

It was championed by Journos trying to cause uproar, and people with an agenda. The £16m thing was always rubbish. Also, apparantly he only gets the full £6m if he doesn't get a job over the next year, so if, as expected, he is working by next season, it could be as low as £4m.

Masch, torres , Gerrard muted to be leaving.

Masch wants out, we know that. Torres and Gerrard will leave because there is no money for transfers and so an improvement on lass season (in so much as getting in the CL) seems very unlikely and now I see a few papers (Independent amongst them) are saying that Torres is not happy now that Rafa is gone so this could speed up the exit.

This seems to me exactly what would happen should the club be placed into administration.

Are the bank pre-empting administration by putting the men in early and saving a 10 point deduction? Securing the clubs value.

Why would the bank care about a 10 point deduction?

No doubt about that, and events over the last few days will have made no diffrence to that whatsoever.

Then Rafa goes for less than the championed 16m Masch, torres , Gerrard muted to be leaving.

How about just a normal LBO, plan B.

I'd say we were up shit creek without a paddle, but we don't even have a boat, more floating up shit creek on a piece of driftwood.

Yesterday went the last obstacle to the complete disembowelment of the club and now we are going to see wholesale flogging off of our biggest assets.

I think the worst-case scenario is possilbe but not yet inevitable.

My reading is more along the lines of the Rangers situation, i.e. the bank is essentially deciding what does or does not get done. For that reason I have now doubt that if and when an offer is received for Torres and/or Gerrard we will be forced to at least consider it, depending on whether any prospective buyer is on the horizon. Since there does not seem to be any, well...we know the rest.

I do not think anyone will buy us until and unless RBS put pressure on G&H to accept the next offer that comes in. 'The market' has had a look at us and decided it does not like us at the price we are on offer for. Everybody is waiting to see how bad things can get and someone will pick us up for a reasonable price then.

Where the team will be by then God only knows.

It was championed by Journos trying to cause uproar, and people with an agenda. The £16m thing was always rubbish. Also, apparantly he only gets the full £6m if he doesn't get a job over the next year, so if, as expected, he is working by next season, it could be as low as £4m.

That can't be right. Everyone knows that Benitez went all loadsa-money in front of Carra and Gerrard, and said that we can't afford to sack him.

now I see a few papers (Independent amongst them) are saying that Torres is not happy now that Rafa is gone so this could speed up the exit.

Again, that can't be irght either, as Rafa had lost the dressing room and all the players wanted him gone! Pepe is talking shit in the other thread too!:whistle:

I love conspiracy theories, me!

If we were going into receivership, assuming he knew, Rafa would stick around for the full wack as wages are pretty much top of the list when it comes to distributing any surplus assets.

Unless Rafa's a football man that wants to manage a proper club come the start of next season.

Why would the bank care about a 10 point deduction?

Simple answer: you get more money for a Premier League club than a club which has just been relegated.

wouldnt the bank sell the club for 360mil or what the dept is and then just let the new owners do what they want to do before selling star players ?

The creditors (banks) don't own the shares, the Yanks do. To force a sale at a price the Yanks don't agree with it, they would have to force the issue, take it out of the Yanks hands, and put the club into administration.

Why are they reluctant to do that? See the answer above, and also the other ramifications (PR and otherwise) of a British bank putting one of the biggest British sporting institutions onto the brink of extinction.

So the Yanks let the banks take over de-facto control. Clawing money back here and there. While still playing a game of "chicken" with the banks, holding out for as much as they can get from an eventual sale - secure in the knowledge that the banks (for now) are loath to push it much further.

But thats ok. As long as the real man responsible for our ills, Rafael Benitez, is thrown out. We should be fine now.

wouldnt the bank sell the club for 360mil or what the dept is and then just let the new owners do what they want to do before selling star players ?

No, but they might sell us for £237M if a buyer can't be found within a year. They will have no interest in providing the two liars with a profit and will probably take us into adminstration to recoup their investment unless we're sold first.

Receivership is no bad thing. First and foremost, the club's core business activity will be separated out from all the bullshit...and LFC makes a PROFIT on that basis....no outgoings to Kop Holdings! (or whichever company soaks up the profits and incurrs debts)

However, Hicks and Gillett will in no way allow receivership to become 'official' since they wont get what they're greedy pockets want. They'll be much more 'plyable' with a potential buyer.

Did Purslow once say to SOS that there is a 3-4 year refinance package in place should they pay the debt down by £100m?

Well, IMO this is what they are now doing ie

make everyone think we are selling, sack Rafa, sell some players, pay down debt, hang on to club. Then when the stadium is built sell it for shed loads more

Along similar lines but I had a thought (probably not an original one) about the Broughton appointment.

What if he's just a plant, a figurehead to keep the wolves away from the door?

RBS was due to call in the loan soon but that's not going to happen now with Broughton's "here to sell the club" appointment, it's bought The Twats enough time and a transfer window to asset strip and pocket the money themselves without the pressure of paying off the banks.

What's in it for Broughton? A hefty wedge for sure, and the delivery of Torres to Chelsea perhaps?

I've said for ages it's a smokescreen, they want the world to think they want to sell, hence the appointment of Broughton. They put a big price up, if someone is stupid enough to pay we will go.

If not, we will asset strip, get more refinance and hang on

We could well be. Things are that serious. The Echo is again suggesting that Rafa was not sacked for football reasons, but because he refused to accept new financial restrictions being placed on him.

Did Purslow once say to SOS that there is a 3-4 year refinance package in place should they pay the debt down by £100m?

Well, IMO this is what they are now doing ie

make everyone think we are selling, sack Rafa, sell some players, pay down debt, hang on to club. Then when the stadium is built sell it for shed loads more

Could also be true.

People just speculating and assuming.

Whilst I hope I'm wrong. There is nothing to suggest we are being sold, there are no buyers and the fact that they seem to be looking for a permanent appointment as Manager would suggest that they are going nowhere