Quantcast
Shit Rag... - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Sorry if this was already posted....

Rafa: I didn't talk to The Sun - Liverpool FC

Rafael Benitez today moved quickly to rubbish a report in this morning's Sun claiming he had given an "exclusive" interview to the national newspaper.

The Liverpool manager said: "It is important for me to reassure our supporters that I have never spoken exclusively to this newspaper - and never will.

"The quotes they used from me are taken from an event I attended yesterday in Spain."

Two scenarios here:

1 - The rag journalist caught a momentary split-second glance from Rafa, and immediately thought this was a one-to-one.

2 - The rag journalist put a Marca or As web article through Babelfish, then filled in the gaps for his exclusive.

Out of interest, do our media guys do anything to prevent S** and N**W journos from attending press conferences at Anfield or Melwood? Surely we can just do a Fergie and pick and choose which media outlets we'll give time to.

Out of interest, do our media guys do anything to prevent S** and N**W journos from attending press conferences at Anfield or Melwood? Surely we can just do a Fergie and pick and choose which media outlets we'll give time to.

Ofcourse the S*n are banned from Anfield

Ofcourse the S*n are banned from Anfield

Wasn't trying to be a spanner, but just curious as to why it was so readily obvious.

Gerrard was on the front page today advertising that S*n / JJB t-shirt which is being advertised on TV.

Was surprised to see it. On closer inspection it looks super imposed but still.

I believe him.

But most will use this as another stick to beat him with.

That's just wrong. Many want Rafa out, but no-one will ever believe The S*n over him.

Credit where credit is due. I'd like to hear more on this Gerrard story though.

Im sure its similar to Benitez. Gerrard wouldnt do anything like that either.

Guest PurpleNose
That's just wrong. Many want Rafa out, but no-one will ever believe The S*n over him.

Not on here.

I've spoken to fans who treat the Sun's word as gospel.

Im sure its similar to Benitez. Gerrard wouldnt do anything like that either.

Yeah I know I was on about the "Super Imposed" bit. Surely Gerrard could take them to court?

Then again, I bet he's had enough of going to court this year...

*Allegedly*

Gerrard was on the front page today advertising that S*n / JJB t-shirt which is being advertised on TV.

Was surprised to see it. On closer inspection it looks super imposed but still.

Add the Benitez 'exclusive' to this, and one might almost think the twats are baiting us.

The JJB thing was probably a very cleverly disguised stunt by the S*n. No doubt Gerrard will've been roped in on the context that the advert will only appear in JJB.

Or maybe it is super imposed.

After the death of his cousin and the lies that rag spouted, I'm guessing he'd rather shit in his hands and clap before doing any promotional work for that shower.

Guest davelfc

The Gerrard one might even be an agreement for England (FA) that allows the media to use promotional pictures of the squad. In that case he has no control. You know how cash greedy the FA are.

I'd say it's the FA reason and Gerrard has no control over it.

I can easily believe this - coupled with SM's comment about the cunts enjoying a bit of baiting.