You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Northern soap actors and their accents

Rico1304

I've no idea why this should bother me so much but why do Coronation Street and Emmerdale actors always put on fake southern accents when being interviewed on the telly?

That Sally Webster bird was born in Middleton yet she tries to speak like she is from Richmond, Bruce Jones was born in Collyhurst (where Shameless is filmed) yet he tries to talk proper. Embrace your northerness you fakes, if you were any good at accents or acting you wouldn't be in effing Corrie!! Do they think Woody Allen is watching and will think 'Hang on, I thought she was just a two bit actor but the kids got talent, get me her agent!!'

(Can I just point out that I don't even watch soaps, but it bugs the balls out of me)

Absolutely spot on mate.

Plumby voiced fucking luvvie cunts should be ashamed.

That fart catching rent boy Hugh Lawrie in House ? What the fuck is going on there ?

I have respect for Ken fuckin Barlow. No pretentions or dreams of Hollywood A lists, just pulling in a few grand a week from supping in The Rovers for 30 odd years, and then opening a few supermarkets every week, and that old cunts coining it in.

He is the man.

Not as bad as Christian Bale who literally can't make his mind up about what fucking accent he wants to speak in, the mong. English or American, Christian, what the fuck is going on? I've heard somewhere that he likes to stay in character for the whole duration of a film, so he even does the interviews in that characters voice, but surely that's a crock of shit as he is being interviewed as himself, not the character. Pretentious cock.

Absolutely spot on mate.

Plumby voiced fucking luvvie cunts should be ashamed.

That fart catching rent boy Hugh Lawrie in House ? What the fuck is going on there ?

I have respect for Ken fuckin Barlow. No pretentions or dreams of Hollywood A lists, just pulling in a few grand a week from supping in The Rovers for 30 odd years, and then opening a few supermarkets every week, and that old cunts coining it in.

He is the man.

50 years mate. Half a bleedin' century. Banged Joanna Lumley too (in the soap). Life is shit really isn't it? Oh, happy to be negged for offering such information.

Although I LOVE Leonard Rossiter, I remember him being on Parkinson when I was a kid, and feeling really let down that someone had shoved a plumb up his bum. "One must approach the art of com'e'deh...."

As for Corro, I always thought it was odd that there are so few actual manc accents on there: as long as you're from "oop north" it will do, it appears. Anywhere "oop north"