You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rangers defender set for move

Pidge

According to his agent, Algerian defender Madjid Bougherra could leave Rangers for Liverpool in the summer.

The 27 year-old has just won the Scottish Premier League with Rangers and is set to star in the World Cup for Algeria against England. He has experience in the Premier League during his time at Charlton Athletic and would be keen to make a return to England's top division.

Bourgherra's agent claims that Liverpool are leading the chase for the defender. However, Anfield boss Rafa Benitez is said to be the driving force behind a move to Liverpool and with the Spaniard heavily tipped to leave for Juventus in the summer, Bougherra's representative says that a deal is in the balance.

Farid Raayad commented on his client Bougherra in the Daily Mail, saying, "There's serious interest from three clubs and Liverpool's is the strongest, but it depends on the future of Benitez.

"Panathinaikos are also interested as are Fenerbahce."

Bougherra has made 19 appearances for Rangers this season, scoring two goals.

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Why would the offal say that? Unless I'm reading the article completely wrong our own official website is contributing to the rumours Rafa is off.

Anyone else read it differently?

According to his agent, Algerian defender Madjid Bougherra could leave Rangers for Liverpool in the summer.

The 27 year-old has just won the Scottish Premier League with Rangers and is set to star in the World Cup for Algeria against England. He has experience in the Premier League during his time at Charlton Athletic and would be keen to make a return to England's top division.

Bourgherra's agent claims that Liverpool are leading the chase for the defender. However, Anfield boss Rafa Benitez is said to be the driving force behind a move to Liverpool and with the Spaniard heavily tipped to leave for Juventus in the summer, Bougherra's representative says that a deal is in the balance.

Farid Raayad commented on his client Bougherra in the Daily Mail, saying, "There's serious interest from three clubs and Liverpool's is the strongest, but it depends on the future of Benitez.

"Panathinaikos are also interested as are Fenerbahce."

Bougherra has made 19 appearances for Rangers this season, scoring two goals.

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Why would the offal say that? Unless I'm reading the article completely wrong our own official website is contributing to the rumours Rafa is off.

Anyone else read it differently?

They print loads of different rumours on there. I don'y think there's anything to be worried/excited about.

It's just a rumour lads, let's not light those torches for the witch hunt just yet.

Is Bougherra the one who was at Charlton when they were in the Prem? Definitely not the sort of signing we should be looking at.

EDIT: Real the fucking article, Woo, you bellend.

It's just a rumour lads, let's not light those torches for the witch hunt just yet.

Is Bougherra the one who was at Charlton when they were in the Prem? Definitely not the sort of signing we should be looking at.

He sure was. Very average player.

He can play in the centre of midfield as well, but he's not the standard we'd require.

Yeah thats him. He's shit.

Neither worried or excited, just exhausted by the season.

Just seems very odd to be worded that way on the offal.

It's just a copy/paste job of an article from somewhere else though and not .tv or Liverpool's opinion. That's why they've got the disclaimer.

This is obviously just an agent trying to drum up interest in his client. I wouldn't pay any attention to it anyway.

It's just a copy/paste job of an article from somewhere else though and not .tv or Liverpool's opinion. That's why they've got the disclaimer.

This is obviously just an agent trying to drum up interest in his client. I wouldn't pay any attention to it anyway.

My fuck up, thats what happens when you've not worked but still been paid for nearly 3 months. Lunch time drinking isn't good kids.

I know what you mean Al but you'd want a Mertesacker or a Kjaer rather than Bougherra.

Thats alls i'm saying.

Deffo mate, fully agree with that. No way should we be aiming for someone like Bougherra. Said so earlier in the thread if you'd have fucking bothered to read through it! ;)

LFC are easily the most perverse club in the world. Every other club tend to be looking at / linked with players in positions where they are short. We on the other hand avoid strengthening where needed & home in on unnecessary signings.

Need a left back / left winger / striker.

No can do , but here are 4 centre halves & 5 reserve goalies to be going on with.

We deffo need a new CB I think. Someone to replace Skrtel, and be first choice partner for Carra, as Agger's long term fitness is still in question.

You still want Skrtel to be off loaded? You really don´t like him. He is good and will be better for us in yeárs to come than Agger.

He was injured in pre-season, just got back to fitness for the opening game of the season, immediately had broken his jaw. Then he had bad 2 months in Sep, and October doing many mistakes. After that, he was benched until Christmas with just 3-4 starts in meaningless games in which he was o.k. Since Christmas, Skrtel started to play with Kyrgiakos and looked better every game. Then he has played with Agger against City and Arsenal, putting a MOM performances and saving Danny´s ass on many occasions during that games. He looked definitely back to his best or close to it and then he unlucky injured himself again. But he had 2 very strong months in January and February.

He had 6 weeks, maybe 2 months of poor form in September and October during his 2 and half years at this club, but you still call him shite.In his first 40 games for club we´ve lost 4 games. Short memory mate.

Well I think he's not been poor for the past 18 months. It's not that I don't like him, I just don't think he's very good, and would rather sell him for a decent price before other teams realise this as well. I understand he is your lord and saviour, so thou shalt stop such blasphemy here. ;)

Well I think he's not been poor for the past 18 months. It's not that I don't like him, I just don't think he's very good, and would rather sell him for a decent price before other teams realise this as well. I understand he is your lord and saviour, so thou shalt stop such blasphemy here. ;)

He is not my saviour mate. I just think he gets too much stick here, more than he deserved and Aggers mistakes and poorness is generally overlooked. For the same kind of performance they are rated different.Therefore I have the need to protect him ;)

For the same kind of performance is Agger called class and Skrtel just o.k.

And for performance which is Skrtel called shite, our Danny is still decent.That is what is it all about. And on different forums you find people like me who see this the same and they are not slovaks. That´s how I see it and that is all.