You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

St John being a cunt....again!!

The Chief

I listened to the match on Radio City yesterday, and Ian St fucking John really started to get on my nerves! He slaughtered Ryan Babel from beginning to end, I know Aldo does as well, but at least he doesn't gloat when he's talking about him.

Take for example the 4th goal, when the commentator asked for his view St John said "oh hey he was MILES offside, that's ridiculous, shouldn't have counted, look at him, look, he nearly missed it as well, shouldn't have counted he was lucky there Babel"! OK maybe I haven't quoted him exactly but most of it is what I remember.

Yes 'St' it may have been offside and maybe he didn't hit it cleanly, but he scored a goal for US, for Liverpool and I'll take any goal we can get, if you commentate on Sunday and the same happens will you still come out with shite? Or will you deny it like you denied ever slagging off Houllier after we won the treble. CUNT

I was going to post something similar last night but decided against it in the afterglow of a decent away win, but St John does seem to definitely WANT some Liverpool players to fail. He seemed really gutted that Babel scored.

He also made a 123 of Gerrard/Carragher/Reina as MOM which raised my eyebrows

( I was watching the game on my laptop while listening to the radio )

I have only met ISJ once when my dad booked him for an junior footy awards & he came across as a truly horrible person.

I was going to post something similar last night but decided against it in the afterglow of a decent away win, but St John does seem to definitely WANT some Liverpool players to fail. He seemed really gutted that Babel scored.

I have only met ISJ once when my dad booked him for an junior footy awards & he came across as a truly horrible person.

I met him a few months ago at a function with Ian Snodin. Curmudgeonly he most certainly is; he was a wonderful player though by all accounts. Snodin was a really nice fella.

I met him a few months ago at a function with Ian Snodin. Curmudgeonly he most certainly is; he was a wonderful player though by all accounts. Snodin was a really nice fella.

Whilst my monicker obviously points out my hero as a bairn, St John was a really clever & feisty player for us.

At the awards thing in question he was told he would get a fee and all of his food & drink would be free. He rolled up with 5 mates & demanded they all went free all day, barely took any notice of the kids & wouldn't sign autographs.

The Snodin comment is interesting as he used to drink ( a lot ) with the likes of Pointon, Bailey & Mo Johnston in the Stalmine Conservative Club & Dunnys in Walton. They used to colonise the snooker tables and cause mayhem but were always a laugh. I can't imagine Babel & Degen ever turning up for the darts at Blessed Sac somehow.

Great player for us by all accounts, and I enjoyed Saint and Greavsie many moons ago. He comes across as a grumpy old git these days. Not sure if missing out on the financial rewards is part of that. He probably recalls all the hard work he put in to earn tuppence ha'penny out of the game, and sees millionaires like Babel breezing along, seemingly without a care in the world.

Ever since his 'Frenchman' bollocks Ive not listened to him.

That's what I was referring to in my original post, I listened to the phone in after a game one night in work the begininning of the season after the treble, we won (can't remember the game, but it was an away game) and this lad came on and said to ISJ, "So St do you still hate Mr Houllier, or as you like to call him, the Frenchman? Don't you think you owe the man an apology for the way you called him names after Evans got sacked?", he went fucking ballistic.

It was hilarious to listen to him back pedalling so quickly. He actually screamed down the mic at one point and said to the fella "don't you come on here accusing me of something I never said....blah blah blah".

After he'd finished his rant the bloke just said "Oh you did St, and EVERY Liverpool fan knows you did". The shitbags cut him off.

Jeepers! This is news to me. I don't get to hear those phone-ins, so my memories are still of the jovial host who laughed at Greavesies bad gags about Scottish goalies. Is he really that bad?

I would cringe if I'd heard 'the Frenchman' - as I do when I hear 'the Greek'.

Jeepers! This is news to me. I don't get to hear those phone-ins, so my memories are still of the jovial host who laughed at Greavesies bad gags about Scottish goalies. Is he really that bad?

I would cringe if I'd heard 'the Frenchman' - as I do when I hear 'the Greek'.

Nick the Greek ;)

Guest davelfc

I hear St John is one of those oldies that sits by the window, banging a stick against the glass and shouting at the kids outside for playing football. That's why I suppose they don't let him in the executive boxes anymore.

Spaniard.

This isn't having ago at you by any means. But do you think we as Liverpool fans have lost any and all right to criticise St John for his Frenchman remark when you hear some of terms used to describe our current manager?

St John being my first real LFC idol has a special place in my heart. can still hear the Kop chanting his name in my memorise. St John says it as he sees' it.

I have to agree with a lot he says. Babel was close to offside, probably was, he did make hard work of the oppertunity, yes he scored so all is forgiven. But put Babel in many situations as he was against Burnley, I think you will find out St John is correct, in his analysiss of Babel.

That's what I was referring to in my original post, I listened to the phone in after a game one night in work the begininning of the season after the treble, we won (can't remember the game, but it was an away game) and this lad came on and said to ISJ, "So St do you still hate Mr Houllier, or as you like to call him, the Frenchman? Don't you think you owe the man an apology for the way you called him names after Evans got sacked?", he went fucking ballistic.

It was hilarious to listen to him back pedalling so quickly. He actually screamed down the mic at one point and said to the fella "don't you come on here accusing me of something I never said....blah blah blah".

After he'd finished his rant the bloke just said "Oh you did St, and EVERY Liverpool fan knows you did". The shitbags cut him off.

Aye, he's a tosser.

the funny thing is the only person he really talks fondly of, is the manager who signed him, but ultimatley, moved him on (when St John thought it early) Shanks. I wonder if he's a bit of the Phil neals about him, he gets paid to be nice bout Shanks, savage the rest.

That's pretty much par for the course on City, especially with Aldridge, though he (Aldridge) has a tendency to only have pre-selected Gerrard and Carragher before the match has kicked off while regularly omitting Reina altogether.

On the wider point of St John, like a lot of ex-players that missed out on the football gravy train, he's just bitter.

Spaniard.

gladiator-2.jpg

Secsh, Secsh, Secsh, why put 'Spaniard' and then post a pic of an Australian playing an Italian?

St John being my first real LFC idol has a special place in my heart. can still hear the Kop chanting his name in my memorise. St John says it as he sees' it.

I have to agree with a lot he says. Babel was close to offside, probably was, he did make hard work of the oppertunity, yes he scored so all is forgiven. But put Babel in many situations as he was against Burnley, I think you will find out St John is correct, in his analysiss of Babel.

I think if you read my first post properly I say I don't mind players getting criticised, but I DO mind so called co commentators gloating about our players. And I think if you take a look at Babels One on One's he scores a lot more than he missed.

St John sees is as he feels fit to gloat.

That's pretty much par for the course on City, especially with Aldridge, though he (Aldridge) has a tendency to only have pre-selected Gerrard and Carragher before the match has kicked off while regularly omitting Reina altogether.

On the wider point of St John, like a lot of ex-players that missed out on the football gravy train, he's just bitter.

Aldo always gives Mascherano motm, when i listen anyway