You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

what about putting the england job first and only wanting us if he cant have capello's job.

So you have already decided not to get behind our (possible) new manager because of an unsubstantiated newspaper article about him wanting the England job which is only available based on another unsubstantiated newspaper article saying that Capello would have been sacked had England gone out?

Fucking ridiculous some of the comments on here about Roy Hodgson. He certainly wouldn't be my first choice and I can't say I am over the moon about him getting the job (if he does!), but if he gets it I will be behind him 100%.

Anybody that isn't is just a fucking bell end. We're called supporters for a reason you know lads. The fella hasn't even got the job yet and already some are calling him a cunt.

Fucking shameful lately some of the shit on this website.

No one knows whats going on by the sounds of it.

Roy Hodgson edging closer to becoming new Liverpool manager after returning from World Cup

By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER

Last updated at 10:45 PM on 24th June 2010

Comments (0)

Add to My Stories

Media commitments: Hodgson

Roy Hodgson will move a step nearer becoming Liverpool's next manager after completing his media role at the World Cup.

The Fulham boss touches down at Heathrow Airport today and will await a call from Anfield officials about succeeding Rafa Benitez.

With a clear-out of Benitez's backroom staff seemingly certain, Hodgson is expected to take assistant manager and goalkeeping coach Mike Kelly with him to Anfield.

Liverpool are keen to press ahead as Hodgson is a candidate to replace Fabio Capello should England crash out of the World Cup to Germany on Sunday.

Meanwhile, finances at Anfield could be boosted as Fiorentina remain keen on a £4million deal for Emilio Insua. Juventus have expressed an interest in Albert Riera and Chelsea still hope to wrap up a £6.5m deal for Yossi Benayoun.

Wolves have encouraged Liverpool to make a firm bid for goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey following an inquiry

Read more: Roy Hodgson edging closer to becoming new Liverpool manager after returning from World Cup | Mail Online

Arguing on the Internet ?

you told me to fuck off because i brought up something that i have read from several different sources.

but aren't most posts based on rumour and speculation (particularly this thread)

so its alright for you to use media to base your opinions but no one else can.

i dont rate hodgson as a manager, but if it turns out to be true that he was waiting for the england job before agreeing to us he can fuck right off the cunt.

you told me to fuck off because i brought up something that i have read from several different sources.

but aren't most posts based on rumour and speculation (particularly this thread)

so its alright for you to use media to base your opinions but no one else can.

i dont rate hodgson as a manager, but if it turns out to be true that he was waiting for the england job before agreeing to us he can fuck right off the cunt.

For the record I dont believe anything that comes from a journalist, internet or paper, what Is should of said was why would the club sell yossi but instead i typed why have they sold yossi, my mistake.

Some thought Rafa wasn;t good enough for LFC when he came, the same for Torres, but to slag Roy off like some have on here before he has even been confirmed is a disgrace. IF he gets the job he has my 100% support , we will never know if he was waiting for the England job so let it go.

So you have already decided not to get behind our (possible) new manager because of an unsubstantiated newspaper article about him wanting the England job which is only available based on another unsubstantiated newspaper article saying that Capello would have been sacked had England gone out?

Fucking ridiculous some of the comments on here about Roy Hodgson. He certainly wouldn't be my first choice and I can't say I am over the moon about him getting the job (if he does!), but if he gets it I will be behind him 100%.

Anybody that isn't is just a fucking bell end. We're called supporters for a reason you know lads. The fella hasn't even got the job yet and already some are calling him a cunt.

no one is saying they wont support him. but a lot of us have reservations about his ability.

my personal opinion is that he is a cunt of a manager, dont like his ethos or style of football. i sincerely hope he proves me wrong

Call me pedantic, but shouldn't that 'but' have been 'and'? And it's a big 'I' - just like an owl.

Sorry but I will continue to voice my displeasure at the (possible) appointment as, for me, not doing so lets the owners off the hook

they're asset stripping, they've downgraded the manager and they'll downgrade the squad, watch it happen, can we complain then?

Its not Roys fault but so what? The owners could have brought back Kenny which would have been in everyone (but their own) best interests therefore I dont how I can support their appointment

Its good there was no internet when Shankly got the job....

I was thinking exactly that mate.

It's no use using this as an argument though, I will tell you now what the bellends will say, "it was different back then", "we were a second division club" etc etc.

We were a first division club when we appointed the most succesfull manager in this club's history. He had never managed a club before but he turned out ok didnt he? (I was talking about Bob Paisley, some of you won't have heard of him judging by your amazingly stupid posts on here).

I was thinking exactly that mate.

It's no use using this as an argument though, I will tell you now what the bellends will say, "it was different back then", "we were a second division club" etc etc.

We were a first division club when we appointed the most succesfull manager in this club's history. He had never managed a club before but he turned out ok didnt he? (I was talking about Bob Paisley, some of you won't have heard of him judging by your amazingly stupid posts on here).

but when do you say hang on, this isnt good enough?

Roy has been appointed by people with no clue of football (supposedly Kenny didnt favour him - paper talk of course)

If they'd selected Ian Holloway would we still have to swallow it in the name of supporting whoever these morons choose? when is enough enough?

Surely people should be angry at the reasons why Hodgson is being appointed and those making the decision.

He seems a decent fella and a good footballing man, maybe not of the calibre this club is used to yet if he feels he can come here and there's a role for him to play effecting things positively on the playing side, then he's a brave man for taking on the challenge and for that he deserves our grace and respect.

Surely people should be angry at the reasons why Hodgson is being appointed and those making the decision.

He seems a decent fella and a good footballing man, maybe not of the calibre this club is used to yet if he feels he can come here and there's a role for him to play effecting things positively on the playing side, then he's a brave man for taking on the challenge and for that he deserves our grace and respect.

cant argue with that

there is the possibility he isn't aware of the challenge he is going to face.

he probably thinks he's keeping the stars and got money to spend.

I just don't understand Hodgson's reasoning in taking the job. He won't have much money to spend, he won't necessarily have the top players staying, and he doesn't know if he'll survive if a new owner is found. Even for someone who fancies one last top job, that seems a very unappealing gamble. Actually, nothing at all makes sense about this club any more.

but when do you say hang on, this isnt good enough?

Roy has been appointed by people with no clue of football (supposedly Kenny didnt favour him - paper talk of course)

If they'd selected Ian Holloway would we still have to swallow it in the name of supporting whoever these morons choose? when is enough enough?

Spot on.

I just dont see how Hodgson will keep the star players and motivate the team.

I think we would have been much better off appointing someone like Gus Poyet or Grayson as great new managers to take the club forward.

Lets face it David Moyes would have been a far better appointment

there is the possibility he isn't aware of the challenge he is going to face.

he probably thinks he's keeping the stars and got money to spend.

I'm certain he's aware of the clubs debts and has good knowledge of how they would effect the running of the team. I'm also certain he's been given false assurances by Purslow n co and that is why Dalglish is reportedly unhappy.

He's a wily old fox (owl, whatever) is Roy and i'm hoping he will be walking into this with eyes wide open, if he walks in at all.

he's on a hiding to nothing with a fan base that is divided and a back stabbing board..good luck roy, your going to need it

not neccessarily. although a lot on here think they are representative of lfc fans the real truth of the matter is that 99% of match going fans will have never even looked on this website.

i'm afraid a select few think they are actually more important than they actually are and if truth be known a few harsh words by 30/40 faceless delinquents is hardly going to make any professional reconsider a major decision.

If purslow or roy hodgson are actually reading this - then it may all have been worthwhile, but for most of us it's just a medium to vent a bit of anger or frustration without resorting to that torture and kidnapping and subsequent incarceration again.

anyone else dreading putting the news on when they get up in the morning ?

In the main yes, but then think what the club has become, in an O.K. job but can’t afford to go, two asset stripping millionaire conmen in charge, fellas called Christian and Martin (Martin O.K., but fucking Christian) who quite clearly don’t have the the clubs interests at heart making decisions.

Part of me thinks well fuck it, maybe it’d be better if we went bust / completely asset stripped and ended up in a lower division, get rid of all the fuckwits supporting us, lower prices, I’d be able to take my kids the match same as dad took me, my kids would be better support than some of the twats you have at the ground now, born Bootle live in Huyton, Liverpool meant for us but can’t go, go down a division get rid of the fucking Christians and get back to the club we once were.

So maybe on second thoughts, bring it on Roy.

Great post that Coro.

If he concentrates on his strengths as a coach and a manager and just does his best then that is all we can ask for. Whether it is good enough who knows but we can hope he can surprise the (understandable) doubters. I have a good feeling he will.