You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

More Ingerlund media paranoia

RedBrian84

That cunt Michael Calvin was at it again on Sunday. Was looking through his column (for the same reason that I sometimes turn on the Sunday Supplement; a sort of masochistic torture to allow me to vent some serious anger towards a bunch of fucking idiots who know fuck all about football), and he appeared to suggest that Rafa was deliberately burning out Steven Gerrard in a World Cup Year in some sort of sabotage attempt. Honestly. What. A. Cunt.

I can't find the colunm to put on here, in work and the computers won't allow me to look at the Mirror website. It read something along the lines of "congratulations Agent Rafa, your mission is complete...you have burned out Gerrard in a World Cup year...you can return to Spain to see the World Cup victory parade..."

Or something like that. If anybody could find it and post it that would be great. I apologise if this has been commented on already; if so delete this thread.

I know I shouldn't pay attention to what Calvin says, just like a host of other football columnists in the nationals, but I can't help it. Their idiocy, thinly veiled racism/xenophobia, and their general crassness means that I have to look, to further confirm my belief that the vast majority of the national media are absolute know-nothing twats. Who gives these people jobs? Bellends, that's who.

And I suppose it's only going to get worse as we get closer to the finals. I hate World Cups/ Euro's when Ingerlund are in them. Oh, for the sweet joys of Euro 2008....

Everyone knows what’s beneath the waterline, a naked ambition to return to the Premier League.

When he does so, after adding another Serie A title to his list of conquests, he will want a club he can mould in his own image.

Mourinho has a romantic’s fondness for tradition, passion and people-power.

Liverpool, anyone?

Even those of us who have grown tired of his antics acknowledge that if the money is right, he can provide trophies as trinkets.

Manchester City, and his outlaw mentality, are a marriage made in marketing heaven.

The Special One versus the Dustman, coming to a billboard near you.

Mourinho is box office, boardroom eye candy. That’s why he will be the elephant in both dressing rooms at Eastlands today.

Rafa Benitez and Roberto Mancini, squabbling for the consolation prize of the final Champions League place, should shiver in his shadow.

The Spaniard has been here five years, the Italian five minutes. Each is unconvincing, tetchy and self-defensive.

Regime change at Anfield would renew the spirit of Shankly, the original rebel with an honourable cause.

Liverpool are labouring, on and off the field. Their football is lumpen, their ambition limited.

Loyalty is being abused. There is an emptiness about the place, which asks serious questions of Benitez’s legacy.

Steven Gerrard is wilting under an avalanche of disappointment. Heaven forbid, but it looks like he is being burned out, in World Cup year.

He seems tired, distracted. His words may have an air of defiance on paper, but they sound like a statement, read straight from an autocue. There’s no emotion, no feeling, no conviction.

Your mission is accomplished, Agent Rafa. You can return to La Liga to enjoy Spain's coronation as world champions in South Africa.

The biggest impact Mancini has made at Manchester City is on the sale of scarves in the club shop.

Fine, if you are a Matalan male model. Damning, if you are the managerial role model that the City suits would have us believe. City yearn to be taken seriously, like a soap star spouting Shakespeare, or a WAG shopping at Lidl.

That’s difficult when the pivotal decision, the sacking of Mark Hughes, seems nothing more than a cruel indulgence.

The word is that Mancini had minimal input into the arrival of Adam Johnson, precisely the sort of young, home-grown player the game is crying out for.

His Big Idea has been the recruitment of Patrick Vieira, who arrived unfit and ready to ruin his reputation. Mourinho knew he was no loss.

Vieira won’t be remembered as the virile leader of Arsene Wenger’s Invincibles.

He’ll be ridiculed for resembling a grandad running after a bus in City colours.

His spiteful assault on Stoke’s Glenn Whelan was a symbol of his desperation. Mancini’s spat with Craig Bellamy, a rite of managerial passage, was a similar sign of weakness.

His credibility is being questioned from within.

He doesn’t appear to have the strength of personality to challenge a culture of complacency.

There are too many players, on too much money, giving too little of themselves.

It needs a strong man to come in, and sort it out.

Step forward, Jose Mario dos Santos Felix Mourinho.

Guest PurpleNose

Clicked on his profile, he's actually written another of his poems a couple of weeks ago saying how he was bored of Shitcoat.

How the fuck do these mongs get employed?

It's his use of language- "he's being burned out" Not "he looks exhausted" or, he's playing a little jaded", but "he's being burned out". If that's not libellous I don't know what is.

What an absolute cockend. A clueless fucking clungepiece with one hand on his media cliche strewn handbook, the other on his penis. Which sits just nicely on the top of his head.

I'd actually tear my own arm off to beat this cunt to death with it.

He's done his job on you by the sounds of it.

Quality talksporting there!

I know, I know. I shouldn't get wound up by it but it's so fucking hard not to. It's not even that it's a tirade against our club (I've got used to that from the nationals over the years), it's the obsession with the national side to the point of even suggesting that a foreign manager would deliberately sabotage the England team's chances of winning the World Cup.

It winds me up. As you can tell! Enough now, rant over.