You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jose Mourinho banned and fined over 'handcuffs' gesture

JohnnyH

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
oh come off it!! thats like saying i have to tell my old man i cant talk to him till he stops reading that rag.While he understands and agrees the rag was totally out of order with what they did like he said thats his choice and just incase anyone forgot we as humans have a choice.

and to agree with another post i do think as fans we live in the past way to much.So what if we won the league 18 times so what if we won the european cup/champions league 5 times sorry but its all about this season to me.Yes its nice to have a history but does that really help results now?

I don't even know an Evertonian who reads that rag, let alone a Liverpool fan.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D'ya? Can't see Mourinho wanting to be part of the mess we're in.

The only reason Benitez is still here is because he loves us isn't? I love him too, and his cheeky grin.

This debate can be cleared up pretty quickly. It all comes down to whether you believe Jose would get more out of the current squad, and if you believe he couldn't, well, you'd be wrong.

I don't even know an Evertonian who reads that rag, let alone a Liverpool fan.

That explains why you didn't understand my points!

Trust me, there are hundreds of them. I've seen Liverpool fans reading that rag PLENTY of times in motorway services. I even tried to make couple of fans aware of our relationship with that rag and they tried to smack me!

That explains why you didn't understand my points!

Trust me, there are hundreds of them. I've seen Liverpool fans reading that rag PLENTY of times in motorway services. I even tried to make couple of fans aware of our relationship with that rag and they tried to smack me!

Anyone who regards themselves as even an armchair Liverpool fan, yet reads that rag needs to have a serious word with themselves, regardless of where they are from

And good on you for trying to educate them, don't ever be a sympathiser for the proles

You do know that the rag still gets sold in Liverpool, right? Who do you think is buying it? Out of towners on a day trip?

People like you?

The only reason Benitez is still here is because he loves us isn't? I love him too, and his cheeky grin.

This debate can be cleared up pretty quickly. It all comes down to whether you believe Jose would get more out of the current squad, and if you believe he couldn't, well, you'd be wrong.

we all love rafa (well most of us :biggrin:) but i think the 1 thing Mourinho is good at is pampering players and getting the best out of them where rafa tends to leave them out the team and let them sulk devalue and we end up losing a bucket load of money when we sell them

People like you?

Classy guy, just like our Jose. I won't mention the fact that I had family at the game that day, who ended up on the pitch helping others, and none of us have so much as browsed through the rag since then, not that we did before anyway.

I'm merely pointing out the bizarre lengths you're going to to discredit a manager with absolutely no links to the club or city.

But it's your party.

Let's trash Hiddink.

Let's trash Mourinho.

It's not gonna save him, y'know.

He doesn't need saving, but if you want to talk about replacements, what about Capello?

You don't want Jose any more than I do

Classy guy, just like our Jose. I won't mention the fact that I had family at the game that day, who ended up on the pitch helping others, and none of us have so much as browsed through the rag since then, not that we did before anyway.

I'm merely pointing out the bizarre lengths you're going to to discredit a manager with absolutely no links to the club or city.

But it's your party.

You won't mention it, but then go and do it anyway?

In regards to Jose having no links, it's fairly well known he's followed Liverpool for a long time, and knows a great deal about our history and has supported us for years, I think it's mentioned in his autobiography in detail

In regards to your family, why would you even possibly consider apologising for people who read it or associate with people who write for it, given what they have gone through?

Maybe not.

But pouring a ton of vitriol on the 'usual suspects' is a big fuck-off sign.

Why do you think "Curbs" endded up as such a joke? Why do you think O'Neill ended up as such a "poisonous goblin"?

Because they were linked with THE job when Houllier was on his last legs, and the boot went in left right and centre from the truly, truly desperate.

Nothing is new in this world.

You won't mention it, but then go and do it anyway?

In regards to Jose having no links, it's fairly well known he's followed Liverpool for a long time, and knows a great deal about our history and has supported us for years, I think it's mentioned in his autobiography in detail

In regards to your family, why would you even possibly consider apologising for people who read it or associate with people who write for it, given what they have gone through?

You're awfully pedantic when you're defending a loved one (Rafa). When I'm actually apologising for anyone or anything, I'll let you know. Anyway, it's gone way off topic, which I'm sure was your plan all along. Benitez is still the greatest living human and no one else is worthy of managing Liverpool FC. We get it.

But pouring a ton of vitriol on the 'usual suspects' is a big fuck-off sign.

Why do you think "Curbs" endded up as such a joke? Why do you think O'Neill ended up as such a "poisonous goblin"?

Because they were linked with THE job when Houllier was on his last legs, and the boot went in left right and centre from the truly, truly desperate.

Nothing is new in this world.

Firstly, when we were looking to move Houllier on Mourinho would have been my first choice (when I knew little about him other than his record), but I've disliked him ever since watching him operate at close quaters in the Premier League. At least I'm not prepared to overlook what he's been preapred to do to good people who tried to help one of his players, simply because I'd like my football team to win things.

I've not said a bad word about Gus. I've not said a bad word about Curbishley (but have said I didn't think he could take us forward before Rafa came). I don't have a problem with Capello either, for that matter.

If you want to know about how O'Neill became a goblin well that was me, and me alone. I call him the Snidey Fucking Goblin because that is what he is. He is a snide. He looks like a goblin. And yes, I do think he's overrated.

It isn't about pouring vitriol on all potential successors, it's about knowing who the bad apples are and saying it because, believe it or not, some of us don't think that winning football competitions comes before some of our other values in life.

Benitez's time is up, that much is clear. History will judge him a good Liverpool manager i believe, but his time is up now, it's blindingly obvious. All that said i don't want Mourinho. It's nothing to do with personalities as i never judge people i don't personally know (the argument about him being a friend of a Sun journalist is buttock clenchingly desperate by the way) but i just don't like his style of football, he may well win things, he may not; but all i want to see now is some good, exciting, attacking football.

In my opinion, Benitez is a self serving disingenuous snide who happens to be managing our football club. Guess what? Managers are not saints. They are not perfect, and they are not usually admirable people in themselves. They usually have huge egos, and they are usually control freaks. They usually make inflammatory comments, often designed to wind opposition teams, managers and fans up. And guess what? Fans of the managers' teams will put up with a lot as long as their managers are delivering the goods. Benitez is more or less anti what all of has come to be known as The Liverpool Way. Despite my dislike of him, I wouldn't object to Benitez staying here for the next twenty years if he was actually doing any good.

In my opinion, Benitez is a self serving disingenuous snide who happens to be managing our football club. Guess what? Managers are not saints. They are not perfect, and they are not usually admirable people in themselves. They usually have huge egos, and they are usually control freaks. They usually make inflammatory comments, often designed to wind opposition teams, managers and fans up. And guess what? Fans of the managers' teams will put up with a lot as long as their managers are delivering the goods. Benitez is more or less anti what all of has come to be known as The Liverpool Way. Despite my dislike of him, I wouldn't object to Benitez staying here for the next twenty years if he was actually doing any good.

It takes one to know one.

Rafa is starting to remind me of Gordon Brown. He's clinging on, doesn't really understand what he's doing wrong, but likes to say and do the things he thinks the fans want to hear and see. The 'when you walk through a storm hold your head up high' he came out with that time was the LFC manager equivalent of a Labour leader taxing rich people before an election.

We should try and get the manager of that Valencia team that lit up Anfield with its fast, mobile game and made us look like the hopeless cloggers we were. The same Valencia team that won the Europa Cup (as its called now) and Champions League Cup and beat out Real Madrid and Barcelona for the title to the Liga. But hang on, that Valencia team was managed by Benitez wasn't it?

Back to the drawing board!