You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Come the end of the season would you.....

Conor

Prefer to.......

Finish in the top 4.Pro's: We play champions league football. Attract better calibre of player. More cash.

Con's: Rafa stays another season. Yank cunts stay. More shit football?

or

Finish 5th and play Europa League.Pro's: Rafa is sacked. Possiblity of playing decent attacking football. Yank cunts have to drop asking price and may sell.

Con's: Less cash to spend. Probably sell top players. No more Chamipons League. Thursday night football. Harder to get back in top 4.

if city take 4th spot with the money they got, they can almost get any player in the world with unlimited money and cl to offer. cant see us ever getting inside again.

Agreed. That's my main concern. If we lose to them next week we are fucked.

Jesus I think I answered my own question there :idea:

Agreed. That's my main concern. If we lose to them next week we are fucked.

Jesus I think I answered my own question there :idea:

I disagree, last year our team pushed Man U all the way, if this team sticks together, if we have more luck with injuries, regain some confidence and our bad luck subsides, i believe we are still stronger than a bunch of highly paid journey men which other teams employ.

If we don't get fourth this season then it will be a long time before we get it again.

We won't get fourth. This is from where my dour and miserable nature of late stems; it isn't just a year of no CL footy, it's an exodus of talent and years in the wilderness.

Thanks, DM. (and rafa)

AC Milan failed to qualify for the Champions league and it didn't lead to an exodus of players, the same with Bayern Munich.

There is absolutely no reason for our big players to leave because of one season without champions league football. If anything it should act as an impetus to either the yanks (if they are still there) to realise that their 'assett' will lose it's appeal the longer they continue to starve it of investment.

AC Milan failed to qualify for the Champions league and it didn't lead to an exodus of players, the same with Bayern Munich.

There is absolutely no reason for our big players to leave because of one season without champions league football. If anything it should act as an impetus to either the yanks (if they are still there) to realise that their 'assett' will lose it's appeal the longer they continue to starve it of investment.

I agree about it possibly getting the yanks out quicker but if you were one of the best strikers or goal keepers in the world would you want to take the risk of not featuring in Europe's top competition, with all the exposure and money it brings, knowing that that further resticts money coming into the club and therefore any chance of improving the squad, or go somewhere else to play in the CL and earn a lot more money?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we lost one or two top players if we dont make 4th and then we'd be teetering on the brink of an exodus.

Besides, wanting us to make 5th would involve wanting us to lose and that would involve acting like a cunt.

You're missing one crucial point though - AC Milan could still afford to actually PAY their players!

The one thing we might have in our favour, should we miss out on 4th, is that the following season contains no major international tournaments, so the top players may not deem it as crucial to compete for the top european honour and compete on the biggest stage etc.

I agree about it possibly getting the yanks out quicker but if you were one of the best strikers or goal keepers in the world would you want to take the risk of not featuring in Europe's top competition, with all the exposure and money it brings, knowing that that further resticts money coming into the club and therefore any chance of improving the squad, or go somewhere else to play in the CL and earn a lot more money?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we lost one or two top players if we dont make 4th and then we'd be teetering on the brink of an exodus.

Besides, wanting us to make 5th would involve wanting us to lose and that would involve acting like a cunt.

I think we will get fourth, quite easily actually, not because we are particularly good but because the others are a mixture of inexperience and lack of quality. City hopefully will have a cup run, they also have to go to Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Villa, and have us and United at home. They don't have the easiest run in.

Players are not risking anything though, at least not for one season. If Nando was to start the season with Jovanavic, Krasnic and Silva in the side he would rather stay than leave and take his chances with Barca or one of the Milan sides (who couldn't afford him). Nando's only real proposition is Barcelona and they don't need him at the moment.

You're missing one crucial point though - AC Milan could still afford to actually PAY their players!

Stop being female Thomas it doesn't suit you. We are a long, long way from being Newport County (one for the old farts).

My concern is more that if we don't get 4th then City will and there will then be nothing to stop them recruiting the very best. With our resources we'd be unlikely to get back for a while and the player exodus would start sooner or later.

My concern is more that if we don't get 4th then City will and there will then be nothing to stop them recruiting the very best. With our resources we'd be unlikely to get back for a while and the player exodus would start sooner or later.

Zack Lee.

negged- no poll

accepted however I didnt want to do another poll as there are so many these days.

I made my mind up about Rafa after the Portsmouth defeat and Im sticking to it - I want him gone. therefore it really doesnt bothere me if we finish 5th. I know that sounds as if I want us to lose but for the sake of the club we need to take a step back to go two steps forward (apologies for the cliche).

I also think city will beat us next weekend and therefore leave a possible 9 point gap between us and them. We still have chelsea at home and Utd away so although city have a tougher run in they might be too far ahead for us to catch them.

I also think the majority of the players will stay on if we get a top manager in to replace Rafa.

The big difference between City and Chelsea is one is in West London and can compensate for their lack of fanbase by charging 50 quid a match and hitting the corporate punter, the other struggles to sell out a league match in their best season for nearly 30 years, and is a rented box in a manc shit hole!

Chelsea's first summer recruted, Crespo, Cole, Veron and Mutu, whilst also buying Robben and Cheque

City spent 35 million pounds on Tevez, they are spending 130 million pounds on wages whilst having a turnover of 80 million pounds!

So they have to make up 50 million and keep the wage bill down. They have a chairman whose only has attended one match and that was to sack Mark Hughes, wipe away all the gold dust surrounding them at the moment and their is a distinct possibility that once the boredom comes he will fuck off.

The big difference between City and Chelsea is one is in West London and can compensate for their lack of fanbase by charging 50 quid a match and hitting the corporate punter, the other struggles to sell out a league match in their best season for nearly 30 years, and is a rented box in a manc shit hole!

Chelsea's first summer recruted, Crespo, Cole, Veron and Mutu, whilst also buying Robben and Cheque

City spent 35 million pounds on Tevez, they are spending 130 million pounds on wages whilst having a turnover of 80 million pounds!

So they have to make up 50 million and keep the wage bill down. They have a chairman whose only has attended one match and that was to sack Mark Hughes, wipe away all the gold dust surrounding them at the moment and their is a distinct possibility that once the boredom comes he will fuck off.

I really hope so but we all said the same about Abramovich and his wealth is not much more than loose change for City's owners.