You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

I've put on just over a stone having a bit of a break from running and eating whatever I want. My strength has gone through the roof unfortunately so has my belly.

Started swimming a few weeks ago as some low impact cardio (think I am to heavy to run and will fuck my knees) and cut my diet back a bit to trim down a bit . Blimey has the weight and muscle continued to grow from swimming.

I am completely shit at it and first trip managed 10 lengths. Did 60 without stopping the other day and my shoulders have exploded. Never would have guessed it would be like this. No weight dropped from heavy workout in the morning, 60 lengths at night and 2 meals a day. About 2500-2700 cals. I'm 6ft 15st. Lowest Ive been in the last few years was 12 1/2 stone.

Dead lifting 250kg never done that before

If I can get rid of the belly I will look like Arnie. (been saying that for 25 years by the way)

250 is immense pal. be happy get 220 before end of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

I only do 1 rep at a time on 250 but do  prob 3/4 sets.

When I do heavy deads I do nothing else that day it completely destroys me. It has taken nearly 2 years to get there. I only do full on heavy about once a fortnight the other sets in between are usually 120-150kg for 8-10 reps. Keep going it will come.

I only do 1 rep at a time on 250 but do  prob 3/4 sets.

When I do heavy deads I do nothing else that day it completely destroys me. It has taken nearly 2 years to get there. I only do full on heavy about once a fortnight the other sets in between are usually 120-150kg for 8-10 reps. Keep going it will come.

I started focusing on my deads about 3 months back. Set myself a target of 200kg for a single. Hit 175kg @ 73kg bw so far. If I can make it to 200 while remaining under 75kgs i'll be ecstatic.

• Upvote 1

I started focusing on my deads about 3 months back. Set myself a target of 200kg for a single. Hit 175kg @ 73kg bw so far. If I can make it to 200 while remaining under 75kgs i'll be ecstatic.

Seeing as I weigh about 95kg your lift blows mine completely out the water. Keep going mate you will be at elite level if you get over 20okg at your weight.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone ever done Hot Yoga?

A friend was looking for a 'chum' to go along as she knows someone who's lost a lot of weight doing it. I agreed to go along but she ducked out at the last minute but I decided I'd give it a go anyway.

It was very very hot. I don't think I've sweated so much in my life. Some of the stretches I could do, some I couldn't.

All round it was a bit humourless and I've come home and had the worst sleep I've had in ages and I've still got a dehydration headache.

What I need to know is is this it or just the experience of a novice and in a few weeks I'll be a messianic convert?

I was going to try Yoga Champ. I have zero flexibility can barely touch my knees let alone my toes. My hamstrings are so tight and my back and shoulders are the same. That sounds pretty good what your suggesting.

I spoke to one fella at my gym about yoga and he said it was shit. 10 mins of stretching and 40 mins of lying down with your head on a pillow visualizing your happy place. He said he got shitty comments off the women because he never brought a special pillow. Stuff that.

I was going to try Yoga Champ. I have zero flexibility can barely touch my knees let alone my toes. My hamstrings are so tight and my back and shoulders are the same. That sounds pretty good what your suggesting.

I spoke to one fella at my gym about yoga and he said it was shit. 10 mins of stretching and 40 mins of lying down with your head on a pillow visualizing your happy place. He said he got shitty comments off the women because he never brought a special pillow. Stuff that.

Dangerous going to yoga if there are middle aged women there though mate.  A lot of unsolicited squelching, squeaking, popping and trumping.  There's always a mop and bucket in the corner.  If you have to go, stand near the front.  

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Check DDP Yoga. It's a bit 'American', but it's not too bad.

• Upvote 2

Dangerous going to yoga if there are middle aged women there though mate.  A lot of unsolicited squelching, squeaking, popping and trumping.  There's always a mop and bucket in the corner.  If you have to go, stand near the front.  

More likely me doing the grunting and farting though mate.

Dangerous going to yoga if there are middle aged women there though mate. A lot of unsolicited squelching, squeaking, popping and trumping. There's always a mop and bucket in the corner. If you have to go, stand near the front.

Sadly, for me, I was the only middle-aged woman there. I have always been pretty flexible but discovered I have zero balance. There were, however, 2 middle-aged men in front of me, dressed only in shorts. It was not pretty when one of them stood up and sweat ran off his shorts into a puddle on his mat. It was not piss.

This yoga was pretty much non-stop and the only time you had for your own thoughts was right at the end.

As far as the weight loss is concerned, I have to say I've not felt like eating since I went. Maybe thats how that works

Sadly, for me, I was the only middle-aged woman there. I have always been pretty flexible but discovered I have zero balance. There were, however, 2 middle-aged men in front of me, dressed only in shorts. It was not pretty when one of them stood up and sweat ran off his shorts into a puddle on his mat. It was not piss.

This yoga was pretty much non-stop and the only time you had for your own thoughts was right at the end.

As far as the weight loss is concerned, I have to say I've not felt like eating since I went. Maybe thats how that works

I know a few women who swear by Bikram Yoga - they are fitness freaks though and very intense!  

Seeing as I weigh about 95kg your lift blows mine completely out the water. Keep going mate you will be at elite level if you get over 20okg at your weight.

Cheers! i haven't really been comparing notes with anyone so wasnt sure if it was any use or not. I mean I was chuffed I'd got it from 120 to 175, but still just assumed it was pretty feeble compared to the big guys.

I've hit 210 at 89k so pound for pound your stronger than me. I'd class anything double body weight as non too shabby.

lad at our gym is ranked 4th in Europe for under 23s powerlifting in the 93kg weight category. He has hit 275.5 on dead, 165 on bench and 245 squat.