You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anny Road chats to Didi

1892-LFCWasBorn

Saw this on YNWA. Hope AR doesn't mind me posting it on here. Love Didi me. Class player and fella rolled into one.

"Didi Hamann at the Four Seasons in Hale today

Nice fella as I have mentioned before

he is currently doing his coaching badges at Liverpool, in fact he was due to be assessed today but the weather put paid to it at the Academy..He is working with the Under 10's, 12's & 15's

Anyway he said a few things (chatting to him for about 20 mins)

He thinks someone is about to buy Gillett.....rumours are flying at the moment and he thinks it could be imminent...He also said "Hicks is in it for the long term"

He talks to Stevie and Carral alot, and the dressing room is totally behind Rafa, but confidence has been low (he said Carra has been "a shell of himself" until recently). He said that is improving with the win at Villa being "masssive for morale"

He thinks the squad "lacks alot of quaility" and we overachieved massively last season

Stevie is looking to do his coaching badges in the next few seasons, and wants to go onto the coaching staff when he finishes.....That led me to push him on the Doomsday summer scenario and he said that there was no way on earth Gerrard would choose to leave now, and if he was sold it would be totally against his wishes. He doesnt know torres apart from a passing hello, but gets the feeling he is totally happy at Liverpool and he loves the club and city

Nothing new I know but interesting to hear it from someone actually within the club

He also gave a United fan the brush off.....A bloke came in and it was obv we were talking about Liverpool and he said "oh dont mind me, I dont like intruding in private grief"....I said "what?" and he said "well you are obv both Liverpool fans".....I was pissing myself and then Didi pipes up "United yeah?"....."yep"...."right well you lot are not exactly firing on all cylinders so I wouldnt look too smug if I were you"....the bloke then realised who he was and made his excuses"

Good to hear that.

I'll be honest and say I always found Anny Road on YNWA to be "hard work" for want of a better word, but no doubting where his heart is. Pleased, in particular to hear about the squad behind Rafa and I agree totally that we over achieved big time last season.

Doesn't excuse how shite we've been this season, but at least casts a little sense on some of the over the top statements that crop up on forums.

That Anny Road cock on YAWN said that he hoped Dave (Usher) got knocked down by a car for having the temerity to state that he wanted Houllier sacked and for refusing to spell Heskey's name (Dave had such a downer on him he used to write his name as H*sk*y). Full of his own self-importance whenever I looked at that site back in the day.

• 9 years later...
On 12/01/2010 at 22:47, Vincent Vega said:

That Anny Road cock on YAWN said that he hoped Dave (Usher) got knocked down by a car for having the temerity to state that he wanted Houllier sacked and for refusing to spell Heskey's name (Dave had such a downer on him he used to write his name as H*sk*y). Full of his own self-importance whenever I looked at that site back in the day.

Who is this mysterious Anny Road character who sounds absolutely nothing like anyone who has ever posted on here?