You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'd love to see him as interim manager...love it.

AussieRed

A crazy idea I know. Many have been pushing for Kenny to take over as interim manager if Benitez is shown the door. However, another Anfield legend may well be ideal. We all know of Keegan's limitations as a manager, particularly tactically. However, as a motivator of players he is exceptional. I really think this is what we need at the moment.

We won't be getting new editions to the squad, so being concerned about purchases would not be a problem. The squad just looks like it has been worn down by Rafa's stifling management style and Keegan would allow the players more freedom.

I think he'd do it in a heart beat and would lead us to a top four spot.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved Kevin as a player and he did magnificently in his first spell as toon manager.

Wears his heart on his sleeve and that's the way he is. He idolised Shanks so that makes him alright in my book.

But, there's no way Keegan could manage us.

Wouldn't want him long term. As interim manager heart on your sleave stuff is exactly what you need. I wouldn't worry about Ferguson either, we are not in competition.

Wouldn't want him long term. As interim manager heart on your sleave stuff is exactly what you need. I wouldn't worry about Ferguson either, we are not in competition.

No it isn't.

The ability to identify and sign good players. Tactical awareness. Motivational skills. A sense of perspective - knowing when to keep a cool head and when to rage like a bastard. Managing the boardroom politics. The ability to handle pressure. These are amongst the things that are needed. Wearing your heart on your sleeve isn't even on the list.

Kevin Keegan has never successfully completed any management job. He's just not management material.

A crazy idea I know. Many have been pushing for Kenny to take over as interim manager if Benitez is shown the door. However, another Anfield legend may well be ideal. We all know of Keegan's limitations as a manager, particularly tactically. However, as a motivator of players he is exceptional. I really think this is what we need at the moment.

We won't be getting new editions to the squad, so being concerned about purchases would not be a problem. The squad just looks like it has been worn down by Rafa's stifling management style and Keegan would allow the players more freedom.

apart from the obvious "what the fuck has he won" - why would keegan be great for a club with no cash? He has demanded money beyond the means of the club everywhere he's gone and threatened to resign everytime he didn't get his way. The idea is almost as mental as someone suggesting we should start Dossena at left midfield yesterday :whistle:

In the short term he might be alright, our manager shamed us yesterday, made us look small time and unless he adopts a radical turn around in his thinking than anyone not afraid will do to be honest. No more do I want to see us set out in such a disgraceful manner against shite yes fuckin shite opposition. I want to see us play with pride and not disgrace ourselves any more, Keegan could do that I think. I don't expect the league but a bit of bottle from the manager will do for now.

/thread

A new manager is not going to make Johnson aquire defending skills. A new manager is not going to be able to buy players. Honestly, we should let Benitez do what he's paid to do and manage the side, make tough decisions and sort it out. It is far from straight forward and I agree he doesn't make it easy for himself starting players like Dossena but i'm confident he will hit on the right way forward sooner or later and turn things around

A new manager is not going to make Johnson aquire defending skills. A new manager is not going to be able to buy players. Honestly, we should let Benitez do what he's paid to do and manage the side, make tough decisions and sort it out. It is far from straight forward and I agree he doesn't make it easy for himself starting players like Dossena but i'm confident he will hit on the right way forward sooner or later and turn things around

A new manager might have the brains to convert Johnson into an attacking right midfielder and also get more out of a woefully under performing side. I'm not asking for much just some pride form the sidelines which will then be displayed on the pitch. You can't defend dropping Benayoun for Portsmouth, trying to keep it tight at places like that is for the Evertons of this world. I don't even think they would sink so low.

or in the kenny or guardiola mould. you can spin that anyway you want.

I'm having a go at the idea of calling for Carra to manage now. Not whether or not Carra will be a top manager. He may very well be, who knows.

I am saying that some people are indulging in Newcatlse like nonsense with calls for Dalglish or Keegan to come in and manage us. If we are to sack Rafa now, then lets get the right man for the job in now. No interim managers with a quick fix of a few wins in a row and then back to losing games again. A waste of time that.

A new manager might have the brains to convert Johnson into an attacking right midfielder and also get more out of a woefully under performing side. I'm not asking for much just some pride form the sidelines which will then be displayed on the pitch. You can't defend dropping Benayoun for Portsmouth, trying to keep it tight at places like that is for the Evertons of this world. I don't even think they would sink so low.

you don;t know that or if that would be a good idea, or if Johnson can play that position. I think he belongs on the bench for now as he is becoming a bit of a liability

you don;t know that or if that would be a good idea, or if Johnson can play that position. I think he belongs on the bench for now as he is becoming a bit of a liability

I'd try him in that positon against wolves, see how he gets on, you could even experiment with playing him there when we have a game in the bag, although that doesn't look likely for now.

Edited by JMARKH