You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leona Lewis covering Oasis...

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Well Susan Boyle just sold 1,284,000 units in her first week so music is pretty much fucked.

I don't normally pay attention to record sales but that figure is fucking astounding.

Is she that desperate for a shag?

shameless460.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

........whilst were on the subject of oasis

heres their greatest tune in my own humble yet legendary opinion

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uidygBUsVI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uidygBUsVI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

This doesn't bother me in the slightest. However, fair play if you hate it, but what bemuses me is how come you'd hear it. I know for a fact that I will almost certainly never listen to this tune without actively seeking it out.

This doesn't bother me in the slightest. However, fair play if you hate it, but what bemuses me is how come you'd hear it. I know for a fact that I will almost certainly never listen to this tune without actively seeking it out.

A small portion of it is on the advert promoting her new album, which is on nearly every ad break somewhere or another.

Charlie Brooker summarised my thoughts on her very well, albeit whilst talking about Mariah Carey:

Come to think of it, maybe that's why it's hard to detect much in the way of palpable feeling in Carey's music. Her singing voice wavers up and down through the octaves, like someone slowly tuning a shortwave radio in search of an authentic emotion. It's technically amazing, but almost impossible to relate to on a human level – possibly because she no longer experiences anything akin to regular human life. She might not even experience proper emotions these days. She might have people who do that for her. Aides who rush in and hitch up the corners of her mouth each time she starts to smile, and mop down her cheeks with tiny hand-knitted towels when she cries.

Hitting lots of notes does not make you a good singer, it makes you a souless promoter of lazer-burnt nothings.

Charlie Brooker summarised my thoughts on her very well, albeit whilst talking about Mariah Carey:

Hitting lots of notes does not make you a good singer, it makes you a souless promoter of lazer-burnt nothings.

Someone on here summed it up perfectly, Leona Lewis can sing whereas Mary J Blige, Billy Holiday and Erykah Badu are singers.

Or something

It's on the latest "advert" promoting her album

Spot on. This is why I don't get hatred for relatively obscure indie bands.

A small portion of it is on the advert promoting her new album, which is on nearly every ad break somewhere or another.
Call me a maverick, a loose cannon if you will but here is a concept that may blow your tiny mind:

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS! - repeat after me

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

Call me a maverick, a loose cannon if you will but here is a concept that may blow your tiny mind:

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

Indeed. Allow me to go one step further and offer a practical suggestion for implementing your revolutionary idea, Rem - get Sky+; you need never watch an advert again!

This post was brought to you by the Oxton Sky+ Appreciation Society.*

*Ha.

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

I didn't watch it

I "heard" it

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

DON'T WATCH ADVERTS!

I'm not making a deliberate effort to watch it, it's just on in between television shows, so i hear it, it's unavoidable as it's part of the festive advertising loop. I like watching the television, sometimes (shock horror) commercial television stations, if that means i've got a tiny mind then so be it.