You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

10 years of not playing The Liverpool Way.......enough is enough!

old skool tom

when will our board(s) realise that this great football club and this championship requires 'old skool' LFC tactics?

where has the positive,attacking,one touch passing,freedom of movement,pace,high tempo football been for the last decade?

if only roy evans didnt feel the pressure and retreat into his shell when we had a dodgy keeper and stuck to his attacking beliefs of his first 3 seasons in charge! it was both joyful and exciting to watch.if he'd of had more belief he'd of won us a good few titles i'm sure.

GH was a counter attacking manager who relied on the ball over the top to the pace of owen/heskey.watching that side was like watching paint dry.after 3 seasons in charge it was obvious that he wasnt fit to be a liverpool manager!

RB has created a much better side in terms of passing but he'll never understand what LFC and english football is about.the slowness of the passing/build up and the lack of brave tactics,movement,freedom,creativity and instinctive football/substitutions has been frustrating the life out of me.after he let us off the leash at the end end of last season i thought 'great! he's finally got it!' but it was obviously just a flash in the pan.i'm fucking sick of seeing 2 DMs at anfield once again!

ive been on the ST waiting list for 13 years and you know what? despite only living 2 minutes away from the ground and not being able to go to every league game? i'm actually not that angry at the club for making me wait this long to be able to go to more than 8/10 matches a season! i'm actually happy that i havent been allowed to watch 'NONE LIVERPOOL FC' tactics & players every other week!

i dont care where our next manager is born,i just hope to god that they pick someone who plays The Liverpool Way because the younger generation of supporters deserve too see us play in the right way!

TBH, I thought we did everything we could last night. We threw just about everything at them. They took the lead through a brilliant although lottery strike. We got the rub of the green possibly with the pen.

We lack a bit of guile or ingenuity in such games. Makes me wonder would we have won if alonso had of been here and I cant help thinking we still wouldnt have.

when will our board(s) realise that this great football club and this championship requires 'old skool' LFC tactics?

where has the positive,attacking,one touch passing,freedom of movement,pace,high tempo football been for the last decade?

if only roy evans didnt feel the pressure and retreat into his shell when we had a dodgy keeper and stuck to his attacking beliefs of his first 3 seasons in charge! it was both joyful and exciting to watch.if he'd of had more belief he'd of won us a good few titles i'm sure.

GH was a counter attacking manager who relied on the ball over the top to the pace of owen/heskey.watching that side was like watching paint dry.after 3 seasons in charge it was obvious that he wasnt fit to be a liverpool manager!

RB has created a much better side in terms of passing but he'll never understand what LFC and english football is about.the slowness of the passing/build up and the lack of brave tactics,movement,freedom,creativity and instinctive football/substitutions has been frustrating the life out of me.after he let us off the leash at the end end of last season i thought 'great! he's finally got it!' but it was obviously just a flash in the pan.i'm fucking sick of seeing 2 DMs at anfield once again!

ive been on the ST waiting list for 13 years and you know what? despite only living 2 minutes away from the ground and not being able to go to every league game? i'm actually not that angry at the club for making me wait this long to be able to go to more than 8/10 matches a season! i'm actually happy that i havent been allowed to watch 'NONE LIVERPOOL FC' tactics & players every other week!

i dont care where our next manager is born,i just hope to god that they pick someone who plays The Liverpool Way because the younger generation of supporters deserve too see us play in the right way!

I could not agree more marra.

I'm a Sunderland supporter who has been voicing these opinions, on here, for the last few days.

TLW was, always, about "pass and move", always about grooming purchased players to play that way, in the ressies and only then allowing (maybe) them to play for the first team.

However, I can fully understand that there are a lot of people who post on here who cannot understand what we are talking about.

If I was a Liverpool supporter aged under 55/60 years old I wouldn't!

So can't blame them - only sympathise!

Also, sorry to hear about your problems getting a S/T.

So did the fans in 1988 who watched the non-Liverpool Way of football of Barnes, Aldridge and Beardsley get pissed off and hark back to the good old times of Paisley when our team was a machine that wore other teams down?

The Liverpool Way is winning. Pure and Simple. The 1978 team was not even remotely like the 1988 team, etc, etc. The last few months of last season was the Liverpool Way. Istanbul was the Liverpool Way. FA Cup 2006 was the Liverpool Way.

So did the fans in 1988 who watched the non-Liverpool Way of football of Barnes, Aldridge and Beardsley get pissed off and hark back to the good old times of Paisley when our team was a machine that wore other teams down?

The Liverpool Way is winning. Pure and Simple. The 1978 team was not even remotely like the 1988 team, etc, etc. The last few months of last season was the Liverpool Way. Istanbul was the Liverpool Way. FA Cup 2006 was the Liverpool Way.

you shouldnt let those manc bastards brainwash you into thinking it was "pass the ball back" football under paisley! yes he tinkerd with it but that was to help us in europe.though they probably werent as exciting as the late 80s side,id agree with you on that......but not many teams in the history of the game could play like the barnes-beardsley side

we were ace end of last season but cannot maintain that with Gerrard and torres out and Alonso gone (his replacement having not played a game)

so what we do now is simple, we get them all fit and firing. There is plenty more to come from this team it's just a shame we'll be out of all comps when we can field it.

What we do now is play some young players and try and get some cash out of the yanks to tie up deals for Mata and a striker, failing that Benitez will have to find a way to cope and the fans will have to be patient

you shouldnt let those manc bastards brainwash you into thinking it was "pass the ball back" football under paisley! yes he tinkerd with it but that was to help us in europe.though they probably werent as exciting as the late 80s side,id agree with you on that......but not many teams in the history of the game could play like the barnes-beardsley side

What I am getting at is what is the "Liverpool Way" you refer to in your first post? Is it the stunning style we played under Kenny in 1988? Is it the beat them down style of Bob in 1984? Is it the overpowering keep going at them, of the last few months of last season?

It's none of the above.

It's Rome in 1977. It's Istanbul 2005. It's Wembley 1986. It's Paris 1981. It's Cardiff 2006. It's Dortmund 2001. That's the Liverpool Way.

i said it because some people on here who support rafa claim theres some hidden agenda by some of the anti raf people (like myself) and its certainly not the case for me!

Some people may accuse you of having an agenda. But not a hidden agenda. Wanting rid of the manager and saying so is hardly hidden, is it? Unless you're a lizard who wants to steal Earth's water and who is posing as a human, which might explain a great many things....

We played some fantastic stuff in the run in last season: fluid, aggressive, attacking football where we battered team after team. It was the best I've seen from us possibly since the last title.

Correct people forget so quickly i cant recall a time this season when we could have played are best 11 this will change after the international weekend players will have extra time to get fit and those carrying knocks will get the chance to rest them

Pepe Carra Agger Johnson Aurelio Mach Aquilani Kuyt Reira Gerrard and Torres

Subs Cavalieri Skertel Yossi Ngog Lucus Babel Insua Spearing

If this team could play the next 20 games then there wouldnt be an issue we are not to far away from it closer than people would have you believe a Left sided midfield player and a decent striker would do for me in the next window it is the fact that Rafa was not allowed to invest the Alonso cash in the two areas above in the summer that have put us were we are now I still believe

shame its gone tits up this season though. time to move on.

Yeah, I mean if we were doing it six months ago when we finished four points off the title but but we're not doing it now when we're had a succession of injuries, after a summer in which we spent just over half what we anticipated and only added one first team player to the squad (with the other major purchase being a replacement for a departing player) it's clearly time for a change at the top. In fact I can't believe I've been blind to it for so long, what was I thinking?