You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

2 hours ago, Karl_b said:

Urban44, a small café in Hessle on the outskirts of Hull; £8.75 for the brekkie, drinks extra.

Overall very good with a couple of areas for improvement:

- Sausage: decent quality but a little dry and only one, admittedly it was quite substantial but I want two.

- Eggs: poached?! I wasn't asked how I wanted them and assumed they would be fried. They were excellently poached, mind.

Otherwise, decent. The bacon was smoked and well cooked, I don't mind tinnes tomatoes and these were at least seasoned well. +1 for beans.

7.5/10

IMG_20230723_094056.jpg

The mushrooms look good if a bit of a stingy portion, strange choice to urinate on some bread rather than serve toast, the eggs look like the before and after photos of a bollock being twatted by a hammer, if you are going tinned tomatoes they should at least be whole not chopped, fucking bean soup is grim, real estate being used for a dish of ketchup is a cunt's trick, will leave the meat to the meaters and +1 for no fucking gash browns. Did you go tea or coffee? 

• 2 weeks later...
Mark sits in a bath full of baked beans with two chips stuck up his nose and sausages strapped to his head. His stunt is intended to support the traditional fried breakfast as an important part of UK culture, which he believes is too often rejected in the press unhealthy (2003)

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Anubis said:
Mark sits in a bath full of baked beans with two chips stuck up his nose and sausages strapped to his head. His stunt is intended to support the traditional fried breakfast as an important part of UK culture, which he believes is too often rejected in the press unhealthy (2003)

image.jpeg

Supporting the traditional fry up with two chips (crinkle cut no less) up his nose?

What a fucking tit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Anubis said:

image.jpeg

The dirty get 

6 hours ago, Anubis said:

image.jpeg

So his promotion of a traditional fried breakfast consists of an item you can grill, an item you shove in the oven, and an item that you heat in a pan or in the microwave. Two of these items do not belong on any breakfast. I think he's gone badly wrong and made himself look a complete berk in the process.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Avo, eggs, mushrooms and toast. Grand.

32BF6048-63A2-440C-8C5C-68D00BB2BE69.jpeg

Scrambled egg looks really good, as do the mushrooms. Losing points for avocado cut with a blunt knife and a huge amount of real estate left on the plate. Is that one whole slice of break or a half piece and a wholemeal english muffin?

1 minute ago, Remmie said:

Scrambled egg looks really good, as do the mushrooms. Losing points for avocado cut with a blunt knife and a huge amount of real estate left on the plate. Is that one whole slice of break or a half piece and a wholemeal english muffin?

the avocado was removed from its skin using a specific tool which slices. There’s a possibility I’ve used it wrong. Or that the fruit in question was larger than the tool is designed for.

the toast was a single hand cut slice of a nice seeded whole meal cob loan thing bought from Lidl bakery, cut in half.

• Upvote 1

Mrs Curly treated me to a night away at Shrigley Hall in Cheshire for Father’s Day. Been quality spending some time just us. Food has been great and about to tuck into this, which I’m optimistic about. Let battle commence…

IMG_8365.jpeg

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Curly said:

Mrs Curly treated me to a night away at Shrigley Hall in Cheshire for Father’s Day. Been quality spending some time just us. Food has been great and about to tuck into this, which I’m optimistic about. Let battle commence…

IMG_8365.jpeg

Nice cup of brown milk

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Curly said:

IMG_8365.jpeg

Is that Mrs Curly's way of telling you it's over? 

Bacon looks nice...... I'm struggling here 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Remmie said:

Nice cup of brown milk

Self inflicted as well. There was no spoon at the tea station and I couldn’t find one nearby so jibbed the tea bags off too soon. Mrs Curly appeared seconds later with a spoon too. Patience is a virtue or something