You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NFL Discussion and Fantasy League thread

odris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In Landmark Decision, U.S. Patent Office Cancels Trademark For Redskins Football Team

BY TRAVIS WALDRON JUNE 18, 2014 AT 9:49 AM UPDATED: JUNE 18, 2014 AT 9:57 AM

Share this: 

Share on email

CREDIT: AP

The United States Patent and Trademark Office has canceled six federal trademark registrations for the name of the Washington Redskins, ruling that the name is “disparaging to Native Americans” and thus cannot be trademarked under federal law that prohibits the protection of offensive or disparaging language.

The U.S. PTO’s Trademark Trial and Appeal Board issued a ruling in the case, brought against the team by plaintiff Amanda Blackhorse, Wednesday morning.

“We decide, based on the evidence properly before us, that these registrations must be cancelled because they were disparaging to Native Americans at the respective times they were registered,” the board wrote in its opinion.

“The Trademark Trial and Appeal Board agreed with our clients that the team’s name and trademarks disparage Native Americans. The Board ruled that the Trademark Office should never have registered these trademarks in the first place,” Jesse Witten, the plaintiffs’ lead attorney, said in a press release. “We presented a wide variety of evidence – including dictionary definitions and other reference works, newspaper clippings, movie clips, scholarly articles, expert linguist testimony, and evidence of the historic opposition by Native American groups – to demonstrate that the word ‘redskin’ is an ethnic slur.”

“I am extremely happy that the [board] ruled in our favor,” Blackhorse said in a statement. “It is a great victory for Native Americans and for all Americans. We filed our petition eight years ago and it has been a tough battle ever since. I hope this ruling brings us a step closer to that inevitable day when the name of the Washington football team will be changed. The team’s name is racist and derogatory. I’ve said it before and I will say it again – if people wouldn’t dare call a Native American a ‘redskin’ because they know it is offensive, how can an NFL football team have this name?”

The Trial and Appeals Board previously rescinded the team’s trademark protections as part of a case filed in 1992. A federal court later overturned the ruling on appeal due to a technicality that the plaintiffs say has been fixed in this most recent case.

We will update this post with more information.

I still think their name is less embarrassing for the Foreskins than having big fat fans dressing up in women's clothing and wearing pig snouts, or naming their wide receiver group 'the fun bunch' with their gay high-fives.

And then there is Joe Theismann.

• Upvote 2

I have been asked/offered to set up a NFL dynasty draft on ESPN.

There are spare places if anyone on here wants in.

Just leave a message on here and PM me your email address for a invite.

Bigger rosters,teams carrying over season to season 

Transsexual model Ava Sabrina London tells all about her 'paid sexual encounter' with Kendra Wilkinson's husband Hank Baskett in explicit interview
  • Kendra Wilkinson's husband Hank Baskett is accused of cheating with a transsexual
  • Transsexual model Ava Sabrina London claims Baskett paid her $500 for sexual encounter
  • London describes in graphic detail her sexual encounter with Baskett in new explicit interview
  • Prior to interview London passed a polygraph test
  • New surveillance footage shows what looks to be Baskett's vehicle arriving at London's condo to 'pay her to keep quiet about tryst'
  • Playboy cover girl Kendra was eight months pregnant at the time with Baskett's daughter Alijah
  • The 29-year-old has 'kicked the athlete out of their LA home and he's now in a motel'
  • The couple will see their five year wedding anniversary on Friday
  • Accusation comes weeks after Jennifer Lopez's boyfriend also 'dated transsexuals'

Kendra Wilkinson's husband Hank Baskett has been hit with claims he paid for a sexual encounter with a transsexual model, amid reports that his marriage is on the rocks.

Now the transsexual model in question, Ava Sabrina London, has opened up about her alleged tryst with the former NFL star in a new interview with The National Enquirer.

London claims that Baskett first contacted her in April to set up a meeting after watching her videos on YouTube.

'I met Hank Baskett probably around the 22nd or 23rd of April this year,' the model told the publication. 'He contacted me through a video I had posted on YouTube and we exchanged information.'

She went on to describe how the former Minnesota Vikings wide receiver arrived unexpected one day, using a pseudonym (calling himself 'Steve') in an attempt to hide his identity.

'Hank absolutely knew that I was a transsexual and he told me that I was the only transsexual he’s ever been with,' London stated. 'He thought I was beautiful.'

The model then described in graphic detail her sexual encounter with Baskett, which included many acts but, she insists, never culminated in actual sex. She did, however, make it clear that her client was 'very satisfied' after they both fondled each other's penises...........

article-2666056-1F0CE1DE00000578-810_634

article-2666056-1F0D3C7C00000578-728_634

Josh Gordon is in the shit again...........

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 17m

Browns WR Josh Gordon was arrested in Raleigh, N.C. for DWI – driving while impaired, according to Raleigh police captain Tommy Klein.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 14m

DWI in Raleigh is driving subject to an impairing substance. Police captain Tommy Klein added, “appreciably impaired.”

Fucking dickhead.

Just traded one of my first round rookie draft picks for him. Knew he could miss 8-16 games but this is going to push him onto the Washington/Blackmon pile in needing reinstatement.

One rule for the players and one for management though when you look at Jim Irsay

Transsexual model Ava Sabrina London tells all about her 'paid sexual encounter' with Kendra Wilkinson's husband Hank Baskett in explicit interview

• Kendra Wilkinson's husband Hank Baskett is accused of cheating with a transsexual
  • Transsexual model Ava Sabrina London claims Baskett paid her $500 for sexual encounter
  • London describes in graphic detail her sexual encounter with Baskett in new explicit interview
  • Prior to interview London passed a polygraph test
  • New surveillance footage shows what looks to be Baskett's vehicle arriving at London's condo to 'pay her to keep quiet about tryst'
  • Playboy cover girl Kendra was eight months pregnant at the time with Baskett's daughter Alijah
  • The 29-year-old has 'kicked the athlete out of their LA home and he's now in a motel'
  • The couple will see their five year wedding anniversary on Friday
  • Accusation comes weeks after Jennifer Lopez's boyfriend also 'dated transsexuals'
Kendra Wilkinson's husband Hank Baskett has been hit with claims he paid for a sexual encounter with a transsexual model, amid reports that his marriage is on the rocks.

Now the transsexual model in question, Ava Sabrina London, has opened up about her alleged tryst with the former NFL star in a new interview with The National Enquirer.

London claims that Baskett first contacted her in April to set up a meeting after watching her videos on YouTube.

'I met Hank Baskett probably around the 22nd or 23rd of April this year,' the model told the publication. 'He contacted me through a video I had posted on YouTube and we exchanged information.'

She went on to describe how the former Minnesota Vikings wide receiver arrived unexpected one day, using a pseudonym (calling himself 'Steve') in an attempt to hide his identity.'Hank absolutely knew that I was a transsexual and he told me that I was the only transsexual he’s ever been with,' London stated. 'He thought I was beautiful.'

The model then described in graphic detail her sexual encounter with Baskett, which included many acts but, she insists, never culminated in actual sex. She did, however, make it clear that her client was 'very satisfied' after they both fondled each other's penises...........

article-2666056-1F0CE1DE00000578-810_634article-2666056-1F0D3C7C00000578-728_634

Which one has a dick?

• 3 weeks later...

Blackmon arrested again.  Pulled over while smoking a blunt.  He won't play in the NFL again, if ever.

Also, Ray Rice suspended two games for flooring his fiancee/now wife. 

Domestic violence vs. a harmless plant that grows without man's intervention.  Priorities and all that.

Note: If planning to draft Rice, make sure you handcuff with Bernard Pierce.  Pierce would make an interesting pick after the crap year Rice had and now this.