You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football opinion amnesty thread

RedinSweden

Rooney isn't actually overrated. I won't claim to watch that lot play very often but everytime I do, he usually stands out. He works very hard, his technique and vision are both immaculate and he's a winner. I can't actually stand to watch him play though, because he's a snidey petulant twat but his talent is unquestionable and he'll have a massive season for them,in my opinion.

Reina still worries me in big games. I think Agger will be the best defender in the world in three years time, he's got everything. It can be presented anyway but we do have a revolving door policy and it needs to stop.

Gerrard can be a bit of a diver and it is very cringeworthy. Especially annoying that none of the media have the balls to call him on it.

Phil Neville seems to be a decent bloke.

He so obviously is, isn't he?

It's a testament to his all-round niceness that he can be a Manc, the brother of Gary Neville, have a Dad called Neville Neville, be a bit ordinary and roundly ridiculed by most football fans, and still move to a club like Everton - with the most one-eyed, bile-filled bitter fans in the football world - and even they recognise the fact that he is decent person, and is good captain material.

I can't think of any other player who could have done that.

I still think Carragher is a great player but anytime I see him do an interview he makes me cringe.

I wish he'd stop pandering to the 'real fans' and massively over trying to make himself look like he's just a fan on the pitch.

Yeah Carra, you big faker. Stop your obvious pandering, real fans can see right through you.

Jesus. He weeps.

We are not the best fans in the world, our self congratulation is bit embarrasing and 'Geordielike'

Xabi Alonso, Daniel Agger and Jay Spearing have been elevated to a level beyond what they actually play at

The phrase 'the Liverpool Way' is a pile of shite and means nothing

Blogs are just opinions, there really is no need to publish them

Toxteth Terror should have never been banned

Liverpool fans do not seem to want to make any sacrifices in getting rid of the yanks.

Liverpool fans do not seem to want to make any sacrifices in getting rid of the yanks.

I don't agree with that completely. But it bugs my mind why a concerted effort to boycott a game haven't been made. I mean a full on boycott with a human chain around Anfield preventing people coming in physically. It would made great TV news and the ones still wanting to go would have a hard time justifying it to the protesters. Even if the police broke it up, it would stir all kinds of shit for the yanks.

I understand the argument that it might be harmful to the team, but surely one game without spectators can't be worse than having leeches for owners?

I don't agree with that completely. But it bugs my mind why a concerted effort to boycott a game haven't been made. I mean a full on boycott with a human chain around Anfield preventing people coming in physically. It would made great TV news and the ones still wanting to go would have a hard time justifying it to the protesters. Even if the police broke it up, it would stir all kinds of shit for the yanks.

I understand the argument that it might be harmful to the team, but surely one game without spectators can't be worse than having leeches for owners?

You is talking loco and I like it.

We're not perfect, but the chants, humour and knowledge of our fans is generally far superior to many other football crowds you come across.

cf Chelsea

Hmmm, I think Chelsea fans are amongst the most fickle, shallow fans there is. It's a bit like comparing your looks to Simon Weston, not really a fair comparison. I think the behaviour of large sections of our fans this past season has debunked the myth that we are 'different'.

Spot on and that is exactly what I mean. One televised match, boycotted, don't not buy a ticket as some no-mark will buy the ticket instead, buy it but don't go.

S.O.S should focus attention on fans boycotting all commercial aspects of the club.

Really winds me up when I read people saying 'I want them dead' when people can't do without their fucking hotdogs!

Buying a ticket and not going still gives them the money and people are unlikely to do it more than once.

Not allowing people in the ground will not be spun how we want it to be.

That isn't the point though, it makes a statement, combined with the boycotting of all merchandising, I reckon we could easily cost the club a few mill a year.

No kits, t-shirts etc, no food in the ground at all, people boycotting the coroprate section, even start boycotting the sponsors.

boycotting the match, a televised match will get us noticed.

You is talking loco and I like it.

Desperate measures for desperate times.

*makes crazy eyes*

Spot on and that is exactly what I mean. One televised match, boycotted, don't not buy a ticket as some no-mark will buy the ticket instead, buy it but don't go.

S.O.S should focus attention on fans boycotting all commercial aspects of the club.

Really winds me up when I read people saying 'I want them dead' when people can't do without their fucking hotdogs!

I agree partly. It does look strange to see people in the new shirt moaning about the owners, but really it is up to the SOS to make sure that a real boycott is happening. That's why the one game boycott would be easier to do.

Buying a ticket and not going still gives them the money and people are unlikely to do it more than once.

Not allowing people in the ground will not be spun how we want it to be.

It only needs to be done once, and if the media show fans so desperate for new owners that they stay out of Anfield for a home game, it will be a media war, the yanks can never win. As long as it doesn't turn into a riot, the fans would win every time.

People who moan about Season Tickets getting passed onto members of the family are cretins

Don't agree at all. I know several people with more than one ST because of them being passed down to relatives and the same cunts are the ones who usually spit bile about Day Trippers taking up too of the REAL FANS' tickets.

You wanna hear real amnesty here it is. Now i have said this before but when Gerrard and Torres are holding us back. We play better without imo we rely on them too much. When they are on the pitch all we did was not think about anything other than get the ball up to them no one really got a chance to shine. I really feel these two because of the way we play with them. Are holding the team back big time. Now there's some fucking amnesty for you's.

That's not amnesty, that's a sizeable helping of total unjustifiable lunacy.

Good idea. We could do it for a Carling Cup game or if we get a meaningless CL game at the end of the group stage - same publicity without the internal, divisive row about damaging a title challenge.

Good idea. We could do it for a Carling Cup game or if we get a meaningless CL game at the end of the group stage - same publicity without the internal, divisive row about damaging a title challenge.

Given some of the frankly emabarrassing shite we've served up in the Carling Cup under Benitez in the last two or three years, this is probably a good idea anyway.

A game like that would probably be the best to do it at, I agree. I'm getting more and more into the idea, it would send a real powerful message.

It has to be a match that has a televised audience i.e. one back home in america and the asian market as well. Because we will have the boycotting spreading to these markets to maximise effectiveness, even if they stop buying the club shirts it will make a sizable dent.