You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bruce The Boss!

Chocoholic

There may well be another Glastonbury thread. I don't care.

What I've just seen on BBC2, was just ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE!

The guy really knows how to work a crowd and put on a show. The best shot of the night was the cameras looking up at him with the steam rising off his back and head highlighted by the backlighting.

I know Dirk was unhappy with the BBC only showing 4 songs from Neil Young last night, but hopefully that's gone well towards making that up.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, that looked like an amazing performance on the telly so God only knows how good it was watching it there.

Tell you what I did think though - those flags at Glasto would get right on my tits because between them and selfish cunts perched on people's shoulders, you can't see jack shit of the stage from the back.

Hopefully that performance has shut a lot of the younger "well, he's a bit old innee?" brigade up. That performance was immense. If you didn't like it, you don't like music.

I'm 18. It looked amazing.

Those people who said he's 'too old' are as thick as those who said Jay-Z was 'too Hip Hop'.

Not from Glastonbury, but...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HxZKa4NwGo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HxZKa4NwGo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Love the accordian solo in this.

About 1hr 25 of a 2hr 40min set. I have it on my hard drive, you can have a copy of it, or you can watch it later when you're here.

Arrrrrr is rite, lid! Get dat BEEERNED!

Quite surprised at that. I normall baulk at BBC's coverage as they have spread it thnly across as many genres as possible to "satisfy their public" meaning that you only get to see the "one hit single" of your favourite acts instead of their best songs.

Arrrrrr is rite, lid! Get dat BEEERNED!

Quite surprised at that. I normall baulk at BBC's coverage as they have spread it thnly across as many genres as possible to "satisfy their public" meaning that you only get to see the "one hit single" of your favourite acts instead of their best songs.

They did that with Neil Young on Friday night. I endured loads of shite, generic pap on the basis that I would be rewarded with Neil Young. Three fucking songs. BBC twats. They showed a couple of extra songs of his last night, though, after Crosby, Stills, Nash. Lily Allen, mind, they showed all of it and have had it on a perpetual loop since. Neil Young Vs Lily Allen. Hmmmm.

They did that with Neil Young on Friday night. I endured loads of shite, generic pap on the basis that I would be rewarded with Neil Young. Three fucking songs. BBC twats. They showed a couple of extra songs of his last night, though, after Crosby, Stills, Nash. Lily Allen, mind, they showed all of it and have had it on a perpetual loop since. Neil Young Vs Lily Allen. Hmmmm.

Lily Allen at Glasto. Fuck off. What next, Lady Sovereign at Donington? Shite.

just rewatched it again. Fucking awesome.

Zane low said last year that jay z was the greatest set ever played at glast and will go down in the all time gigs ever, last night he panned bruce as showy. What a fucing dick head.

Bruce just showed every other band in glasto how to play a set. Jay z just proved what he a talentless fart he was last year....