You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How big a threat are Man Shitty?

silverlining

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£35m for John Terry, at wages of £200,000 or whatever, seems to be a bit insane.

Good player, yeah. A "leader".

But at his age, with that back, and no pace, it's still going to require another £25m to get a player like Carvalho next to him, because otherwise, it isn't going to work.

Well Ancelotti's trotted out the expected Terry will stay and I love him to bits line. It would seem that Terry has definitely had his head turned by the City offer. Guess it depends on whether he gets on with Ancelotti and how much Ancelotti wants him to stay. New manager may well be tempted to let him go and get someone else in with the cash. Don't think Chelsea have as much dosh as previous seasons.

Is there any fee mentioned for Lucio?

bearing in mind he's 31 and the top European League he's played in is the German League, i'd imagine about 20 million?

a very underated player in my opinion but wether he could cut it in the premiership now though is another matter.

Looks like Lucio is on the way from Bayern to City. Good buy for them.

Is there any fee mentioned for Lucio?

bearing in mind he's 31 and the top European League he's played in is the German League, i'd imagine about 20 million?

a very underated player in my opinion but wether he could cut it in the premiership now though is another matter.

Lucio is a good player, but Bayern are easily the most skilled club in the German League and aren't exactly pulling clean sheets out of their arses.

He gives City a very real threat from set pieces with his headers but at 31? I think they've made a truly stupid purchase.

They should have kept trying for Lescott, to be honest.

From BBC :

Manchester City have ended their interest in Barcelona's Cameroon international striker Samuel Eto'o.

The two clubs had been in talks over the £25m-rated striker after Barca told the 28-year-old Eto'o they were prepared to let him leave the Nou Camp.

City chief executive Garry Cook said: "The circumstances surrounding him were such that a deal couldn't be completed. ---

Aaaaaaahahaaaaaa. Twats.

From BBC :

Manchester City have ended their interest in Barcelona's Cameroon international striker Samuel Eto'o.

The two clubs had been in talks over the £25m-rated striker after Barca told the 28-year-old Eto'o they were prepared to let him leave the Nou Camp.

City chief executive Garry Cook said: "The circumstances surrounding him were such that a deal couldn't be completed. ---

Aaaaaaahahaaaaaa. Twats.

A.K.A. - He turned down the small club.

Hey Robinho, Tevez, Barry... Are you watching?

I bet Tevez joins Chelsea.

A Manc mate of mine says the Tevez deal is 99% done but the premier league and the FA are scrutinising all of the details to make sure it's all watertight.

It would be funny if it fell through though and they ended up with just Barry, Santa Cruz and Stuart Taylor.

A Manc mate of mine says the Tevez deal is 99% done but the premier league and the FA are scrutinising all of the details to make sure it's all watertight.

It would be funny if it fell through though and they ended up with just Barry, Santa Cruz and Stuart Taylor.

Apparently, Lescott is close to a deal to Shitty.

Taking their fucking time, starting to get really sick of that now. And I wouldn't put it past Man City to end up with a good few more players. Despite laughing about them not getting Eto'o they're going to be a different prospect next season.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Taking their fucking time, starting to get really sick of that now. And I wouldn't put it past Man City to end up with a good few more players. Despite laughing about them not getting Eto'o they're going to be a different prospect next season.

I agree

They might just finish with more points than they did 2 years ago under Sven