You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

:wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt:

someone, please, make this stop.

Time to stick to FACTS.

1/ Alonso is NOT definitely "leaving". It's clearly up in the air, and until he comes out and says he is happy here, it will continue to be so. But nothing is definite.

2/ Rafa wanted to sell Alonso last year. FACT. This year he doesn't. FACT. All it shows he only sees things in footballing terms and not personal or emotive terms. Is that so difficult to understand? For all we know, Xabi sees things in the same light.

It's definite that he isnt happy here, I'm not sure where that fit's in with your facts.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For fucks sake! Can we stop talking about Dani fucking Alves? The way we are going on about him is as if he won the world player of the year 3 times in a row.

We were linked with him but he didn't come and went elsewhere. End of story.

Hes quite a dodgy defender too and not worth what Barca paid for him.

For fucks sake! Can we stop talking about Dani fucking Alves? The way we are going on about him is as if he won the world player of the year 3 times in a row.

We were linked with him but he didn't come and went elsewhere. End of story.

Its a bit deeper than that though its about the choices we made that season in the transfer market but not as bad as the choices we made last summer.

The most important thing about making mistakes is to learn from them and not repeat them.

It's definite that he isnt happy here, I'm not sure where that fit's in with your facts.

its not definite that he is unhappy at all; its internet speculation fuelled by Perez's scattergun approach to tapping up players.

"I asked him if the player was happy in Liverpool and he said yes. It was a short meeting"

I am not going to get into whether or not Xabi will leave, nor whether he is wrong to, but people were very quick to criticise Rafa for STILL wanting to sell Xabi and replace him with Barry, very quick to insinuate that Rafa was still holding a grudge, hadn't forgiven Xabi for staying at home with his wife etc. Now that it doesn't seem that Rafa does want Xabi to leave and it does seem to be Xabi's decision, suddenly it is because of how Xabi was treated last year!

So Rafa is bad for holding a grudge that damages the team, but Xabi is within his rights to hold a grudge! I don't get it, seriously?

It was not as clear cut last year as people NOW make it to be, Xabi was not treated outrageously, he had not performed as well as he can for two seasons (Code don't bother I know your opinion, which is fair enough), Rafa felt he could get 18 mill for Xabi and buy Barry for 12, it didn't work out, there wasn't exactly a queue of clubs willing to pay for Xabi at the time!

As I say I don't blame Xabi, Madrid would be hard to turn down for a Spaniard, but I think it is a bit hypocritical for people to suddenly start saying that Xabi is leaving because how he was treated last year!

Well that's certainly true as had any club offered a decent enough fee he wouldn't be here, I personally cannot see past Xabi's only reason for leaving being his relationship with Rafa and his past treatment. I agree Rafa more than likely does not want to sell Xabi now and if he does go fair play to Rafa, we will get a more than respectable fee. My post was dismissing Balague's ridiculous article more than "bashing Rafa" though.

"I have been here for five seasons now and the time has flown by. I am now looking forward to my sixth season"

Xabi Alonso, 13 May 2009.

I'd call that a fact.

Its a bit deeper than that though its about the choices we made that season in the transfer market but not as bad as the choices we made last summer.

The most important thing about making mistakes is to learn from them and not repeat them.

It was not a mistake that we made with Alves. His club kept putting the price up. Even Chelsea had to pull out of negotiations.

The way i read it, from snippets of information i have heard from very reliable and sexy people, is that Xabi isn't happy playing for Rafa, probably due to a number of things rather than purely because he tried to sell him. Rafa is not stupid and will be fully aware of this. Now Rafa knows how important Xabi is to Liverpool, and if he leaves he will have to add quality to the team, which requires cash, so he sets up a situation as close to win/win as he can get it. i.e. keep xabi or get cash.

Now this is the same as many people have said, but I do not believe there is anything sinister in all of this. People fall out all the time. In this situation, both parties try and get the best out of the situation, quite understandably. I really hope that Xabi stays as I would like to keep the team that finished so strongly in tact, but if that is not possible for whatever reason, then the more money we get the better.

It was not a mistake that we made with Alves. His club kept putting the price up. Even Chelsea had to pull out of negotiations.

We´ll have to agree to dissagree, you are totally entitled to your point of view one I strongly dissagree with but as the forum seems to have settled down a bit I see no point in having another heated debate about our incompetent transfer dealings over the last 3 seasons.

The way i read it, from snippets of information i have heard from very reliable and sexy people, is that Xabi isn't happy playing for Rafa, probably due to a number of things rather than purely because he tried to sell him. Rafa is not stupid and will be fully aware of this. Now Rafa knows how important Xabi is to Liverpool, and if he leaves he will have to add quality to the team, which requires cash, so he sets up a situation as close to win/win as he can get it. i.e. keep xabi or get cash.

Now this is the same as many people have said, but I do not believe there is anything sinister in all of this. People fall out all the time. In this situation, both parties try and get the best out of the situation, quite understandably. I really hope that Xabi stays as I would like to keep the team that finished so strongly in tact, but if that is not possible for whatever reason, then the more money we get the better.

Every now and again, in amongst all the hyperbole, bullshit and balderdash comes the odd snippet of sense. People always looking for the grassy knoll in moves away. Now apparently City signing Barry was done by Parry as a fuck of to Rafa!! Why is it that people lose all sense and intelligence and want to find the most convoluted reason for someone moving job when it comes to a football forum?

Simple as if Xabi is unhappy and cannot work under Rafa - although he managed it ok this season - then put a written request in, fucken simple.

I want him to stay as he is a class act and very hard to replace but if he wants to go all he has to do is the above.

Now Rafa knows how important Xabi is to Liverpool, and if he leaves he will have to add quality to the team, which requires cash, so he sets up a situation as close to win/win as he can get it. i.e. keep xabi or get cash.

What's wrong with Rafa win/win situation?

If Rafa win/wins, does that mean the Club Lose/Loses?

Every now and again, in amongst all the hyperbole, bullshit and balderdash comes the odd snippet of sense. People always looking for the grassy knoll in moves away. Now apparently City signing Barry was done by Parry as a fuck of to Rafa!! Why is it that people lose all sense and intelligence and want to find the most convoluted reason for someone moving job when it comes to a football forum?

In all fairnes you are talking about people who spend thousands of pounds a year on a product that may be a pile of shite!

Football isn't normal, and football fans certainly are not normal!

Look at Red Nick (only joking!!!!)

Agree with Jim 100%. Except for the "sexy people" bit.

Xabi wants to go (for whatever reason). Rafa will let him go (but only on the right terms).

This summer is going to crush a lot of fantasies.

Simple as if Xabi is unhappy and cannot work under Rafa - although he managed it ok this season - then put a written request in, fucken simple.

I want him to stay as he is a class act and very hard to replace but if he wants to go all he has to do is the above.

SIT TIGHT

Why should he if he is going to suffer financially.

Us fans see everything in black and white and see it purely from the point of view of the club. However Xabi is the cleverest person at the club and isnt going to write off money by putting in a transfer request. He may well be driven to it but it wont fit our agenda it will fit his and if he has to do that it wont happen before August IMO

Unfortunately in this world not everything is black and white,there are lots of shades of Grey

Tbh, this is the only forum that I can see that is 100% certain Xabi is off and the club is on it's knees.

It's not getting discussed half as much on the others, and even though people are throwing this "i've heard off certain people etc etc" I don't get why Alonso is suddenly unhappy now and has been happy all year.

He's given his all in every game, celebrated more than he should (Blackburn away) when he's scored.

He just does not look like a player who is on his way, he doesn't sound like one either in interviews, neither does Rafa, but yet he apparently still is.

I'm not even sure, this whole thing is confusing.

Agree with Jim 100%. Except for the "sexy people" bit.

Xabi wants to go (for whatever reason). Rafa will let him go (but only on the right terms).

This summer is going to crush a lot of fantasies.

Would Rafa really want to keep a player against his wishes if he cant get what he considers the right terms especially if there is friction between the two players. From what I can see Rafa wanted him gone, Now Xabi wants to go which for me makes the working relationship much harder to maintain

I don't think it is that simple though Sangria. If the only thing he risked was his relationship with Benitez, then i am sure he would do it in a flash, regardless of whether a deal panned out or not, but he would damage his relationship with the fans and I don't think he would do that. If he does move to Real having handed in a transfer request, I think that it will be a staged gesture that all involved are fully aware of and one that is, in the minds of those involved, the best solution to what can be a tricky situation.

The problem with snippets of information is that they always come from somewhere, they don't just materialise. People who know people close to Xabi, or even the man himself will hear one thing, and those hearing other things regarding Benitez will hear another. Now all this information is, in effect, true and then passed on in good faith, but it has to be regarded with a certain degree of (insert word meaning the same as skepticism, but without the negativity that the word hints at) as it is the situation as that person sees it. That doesn't render this information worthless, but seeing it as pure fact is dangerous.

That is kind of my point, derange-o.

I'd like to know who all the Alonso lovers ( I'm one by the way) support.

Liverpool or Xabi Alonso?

I've seen better players than Xabi Alonso leave our Club and we've Carried on.

Keegan 1977

Clemence 1981

Souness 1984

Rush 1987

Fowler 2002

Owen 2004.

Why all the fuss that Rafa hates Xabi or vice-versa, it's obvious that events have changed from last season where Rafa wanted to replace Alonso with Barry, that's no longer the case.

What do want Rafa to do, go and kiss Xabi arse and say I'm sorry I'll never happen again.

People fall out with people all the time in the work place, what's fuckin new!!!