You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want Alonso to leave and i didn't like the way Rafa handled the situation last summer but it's hilarious people on here are making out that's the only reason Xabi would want to leave. If he went to Real he'd be back in his home country where he and his family would no doubt be happier. He'd be on more money in a club that's looking to regalvanise itself and he could be potentially playing alongside the likes of Kaka and Ronaldo.

I'll be gutted if he goes and i'm far from Rafa's biggest fan but some people on here need to wind their necks in and look at the facts. In the couple of seasons prior to the one just gone he was very unlucky with injuries but still didn't have the impact he'd have liked so Rafa (wrongly) thought it was time to get rid. Then he was brilliant last season so he changed his mind. That's it. Even the people who claim inside knowledge on here have got things very wrong in the last few months so i'm sticking with this version of events cos by far and away the most logical. If Agger can forgive perceived mistreatment and sign a new contract why wouldn't Xabi?

Would Rafa really want to keep a player against his wishes if he cant get what he considers the right terms especially if there is friction between the two players. From what I can see Rafa wanted him gone, Now Xabi wants to go which for me makes the working relationship much harder to maintain

I don't really disagree with that. I'm just hoping we can strike a decent deal quickly because the worst solution would be a last-minute deal leaving us no chance to sort out a replacement a.k.a. The Keane Solution

I don't really disagree with that. I'm just hoping we can strike a decent deal quickly because the worst solution would be a last-minute deal leaving us no chance to sort out a replacement a.k.a. The Keane Solution

Indeed. I get the feeling this is going to happen. I just hope it doesn't turn sour. I am certain that this can be ended with all parties relatively pleased with the outcome. I just hope that happens.

We could have sold Keane with 2 weeks of the Transfer window left and still wouldn't have bought a replacement for him.

It didn't make any difference whether he was sold on the 1st or last day of the Window, we where never buying a replacement

We could have sold Keane with 2 weeks of the Transfer window left and still wouldn't have bought a replacement for him.

It didn't make any difference whether he was sold on the 1st or last day of the Window, we where never buying a replacement

If we'd had time we could have looked for a loan player to give us cover. It turned out well but it was a gamble at the time.

Alonso has played in a team that’s been playing very very good football since mid March. He knows there’s a good chance of winning the title next year if we can continue playing the same way.

Assuming he’s got sporting ambitions, after spending 5 years with us, he must be tempted to stay at least one more season. He’s been part of a building project from the beginning. Surely somewhere in his mind he’ll feel a desire not to leave the ship so close to the harbour.

If he wins the league with us he can go the Real next year. They’ll probably even pay him more if he’s been part of a title winning team than they would now.

Agree with that as I think Rafa was already thinking of using that money in the summer rather than January, the only reason he sold him in Jan was because his market value would have dropped by another £5m, hence less summer transfer kitty.

I see we made a last ditch attempt to sign Barry, just like we did with Arshavin. Why the fuck do we always move so slow? I am happy we didn't get Barry but the point still stands.

Where did you see this?

I don't understand why our deals take so long but the Man City one was done in about 2 days.

maybe because they're fucking loaded... Negotitions would be very short.

Man City: We would like to buy Barry!

Villa: Ok how about 14m?

Man City: Mmmm ok.

Barry: I want £100000 a week

Man City: Tell you what have £120000.

Barry: Where do i sign?

The echo reports 'sources from the midlands' !

It could be right, but would these be the same sources from the midlands that leaked the details of Barry last year?

As I say Steven Gerrard is with Barry as we speak, surely Barry would have had a quiet word! Surely Gerrard would have said don't worry! Sorry but sounds like Villa or those 'midland sources' sticking the knife in, with a little bit of glee.

If we were interested we would have signed him, FACT.

We were interested last year and we didn't sign him. Now, that is a FACT.

:whistle:

There is always one isn't there!!!

you are right of course, and as someone who said 'Barry is nailed on' I really should keep my head down!!

There is always one isn't there!!!

you are right of course, and as someone who said 'Barry is nailed on' I really should keep my head down!!

Fuck him. Fuck Villa.

I don't care if we were interested in him this summer or not but the bottom line is he has signed for City.

Jog on.

Fuck him. Fuck Villa.

I don't care if we were interested in him this summer or not but the bottom line is he has signed for City.

Jog on.

Spot on. I really wanted him, but I have forgotten Barry Gareth already.

We are one injury and a south american WC qualifier away from having NO first choice CMs. We needed Barry anyway just for that reason. You all saw the capitulation against Chelsea. Now that he's not an option we simply cannot let Xabi go not for 20m, 30m, 40m and definitely not in lieu of a winger come AM. Slur Alex has spent years and 100ms (probably) replacing Keane and we'd need to find 2. No chance.

Seriously can't see Xabi going now.

If it's Xabi wanting to leave, then Barry going to Villa will not make a blind bit of difference to him.

However, the people saying Rafa was trying to force Xabi out the door have been shown as incorrect.