You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd Vs Villa

hamstrung

Everton have already played The mancs twice. It's just so fucking frustrating. There is no way they deserved that but then again if the last 17 years of Top flight football in England is anything to go by than It was to be expected that they would get a last minute winner.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

End of the day regardless of how great a team we get this season or the next few seasons only one team can win the league. But what we've proven is that we're now up there with the mancs and chelski in challenging to be that one team. Both chelski, mancs and arsenal will improve next season so so must we. We've had our best season in the league so far under rafa and from the players rafa is looking at he's also looking to improve our first team in the wide areas where we are at weakest. But all in all we've challenged, thats what we wanted at the beginning of the season and that's what we've got. Yeah i'll be GUTTED if we dont win but i'll also be proud of the lads as they've come through and delivered and i still think we're gonna get number 6 in the champions league.

Did you get stoned tonight or something? That looks wierd coming from you, you're usually complaining in some way..... Parry must have payed you off.

Credit where credits due as most people know I think Rafa has done a lot of good for the club.

You never know had Torres and Gerrard played all those games they missed things might have been different. Personally I think its a stategy that has limitations. Thats why I want us to spend all our money on one player in the Torres or Gerrard mould. One peice of real quality rather than lots of average players.

End of the day regardless of how great a team we get this season or the next few seasons only one team can win the league. But what we've proven is that we're now up there with the mancs and chelski in challenging to be that one team. Both chelski, mancs and arsenal will improve next season so so must we. We've had our best season in the league so far under rafa and from the players rafa is looking at he's also looking to improve our first team in the wide areas where we are at weakest. But all in all we've challenged, thats what we wanted at the beginning of the season and that's what we've got. Yeah i'll be GUTTED if we dont win but i'll also be proud of the lads as they've come through and delivered and i still think we're gonna get number 6 in the champions league.

When we have 83 points you will be right

Everton have already played The mancs twice. It's just so fucking frustrating. There is no way they deserved that but then again if the last 17 years of Top flight football in England is anything to go by than It was to be expected that they would get a last minute winner.

FA Cup semi-final left for them to bend over and take one nicely up the drain pipe. Wasn't Slur saying nice things about how he wouldn't mind Moyes taking over when his liver finally packs up the other week...?

If we win our remaining games then I think we will win it. If we do that and still end up as 2nd place then hats off to them as you won't be able to say they didn't deserve it over the season. I'll also be happy that we pushed them hard and we can take that into next season. Utd had to settle for 2nd before they won it the next season after 26 years without winning it. 2nd to first is easier than 4th to 1st. The belief will be built up even if we fall just short this year.

I'm also glad we have a big CL tie right after that gut wrencher yesterday. It will let us all, including the players, get the disappointment out of the system. A win on Wednesday will put wind back into everyones sails.

I'm not giving up on the league yet!

This is what annoys me really. I haven't checked the others but The Times online... here are their headlines...

"Debutant gives United a stunning victory"

"Benayoun saves Liverpool at the last"

Yes, it's just a little thing, but it irritates (as the actor said to the nurse). It's the same when we draw: other teams 'draw,' we're always 'held'. It's a sort of sign of respect for a big club, I suppose, but the manc comparison above is quite revealing.

This is what annoys me really. I haven't checked the others but The Times online... here are their headlines...

"Debutant gives United a stunning victory"

"Benayoun saves Liverpool at the last"

its right though, however annoying it was. Benayoun's goal saved out title challenge. Uniteds vistory, being behind with 10 (15 obviously) minutes to go, could be classed as stunning. It stunned me.

its right though, however annoying it was. Benayoun's goal saved out title challenge. Uniteds vistory, being behind with 10 (15 obviously) minutes to go, could be classed as stunning. It stunned me.

And yet when we came from behind with 5 mins left, with a much better performance away at Portsmouth Rafa was crucified for it!

The mirror especially went to town, as Navbasi has pointed out, the impression you get is that Yossi saved us! which couldn't be further from the truth.

It was dissapointing yesterday, and It could very well give them the impetus but they are not as good as they think they are! they look to be struggling, even before we twatted them they were sneaking wins (blackburn) Sunderland on Saturday will be interesting as will Boro away.

When we have 83 points you will be right

No you can't base it on point alone. The league has been harder this year. Teams lower down are learning how to defend and are starting to invest in decent players. Fact is this is our first season challenging under rafa so regardless of whether we beat 82 points or not its still our best season in the league under him.

I know it sounds strange, but yesterday's result didn't change anything from our perspective. We know what we have to do and that's to win all of our remaining games. That will give us 88 points and we'd be seriously unlucky to lose out on that total. Nothing can detract us from the job we've got at hand and we can only afford to focus on ourselves really. Hopefully we can maintain our superior goal difference over them because if we win all 7 remaining games and the Mancs draw 2 of their last 8, it'll be enough for us to take it.

We've just got to concentrate on winning the games we have left. If that's enough then so be it, if not, then we'll have to dust ourselves down and have another crack next year when hopefully we'll be better prepared with regards to playing personnel, general approach to games and hopefully we'll have no off-field shit to contend with.

Guest The Chimp
I know it sounds strange, but yesterday's result didn't change anything from our perspective. We know what we have to do and that's to win all of our remaining games. That will give us 88 points and we'd be seriously unlucky to lose out on that total. Nothing can detract us from the job we've got at hand and we can only afford to focus on ourselves really. Hopefully we can maintain our superior goal difference over them because if we win all 7 remaining games and the Mancs draw 2 of their last 8, it'll be enough for us to take it.

We've just got to concentrate on winning the games we have left. If that's enough then so be it, if not, then we'll have to dust ourselves down and have another crack next year when hopefully we'll be better prepared with regards to playing personnel, general approach to games and hopefully we'll have no off-field shit to contend with.

Spot on Faustus! We win our games and we'll be laughing - I'd be honestly be shocked if they didn't drop at least 4 points. We've the opportunity to rank up the pressure now as well, as we play before them in the next two games (I believe?).

that is precisely the way i see it. It will be gutting if we come really close, but it will be a hell of an achievement to recover from the dip we hit nonetheless.

If Utd had lost that game against Villa then the title was ours. Mentally they would have been shot and would have faded away. Them winning it kept their cushion and thats why the celebrations at the end. You could see the relief as they know how much that winner meant to their hopes.

We must keep going though and push them all the way. I am glad we have a CL game first to try and put the disappointment of sunday behind us before we go back to league games. Otherwise it may have affected us if we had a league game tomorrow.

If Utd had lost that game against Villa then the title was ours. Mentally they would have been shot and would have faded away. Them winning it kept their cushion and thats why the celebrations at the end. You could see the relief as they know how much that winner meant to their hopes.

We must keep going though and push them all the way. I am glad we have a CL game first to try and put the disappointment of sunday behind us before we go back to league games. Otherwise it may have affected us if we had a league game tomorrow.

I don't view Sunday as a disappointment. Tis but a scratch (to coin a phrase).

Sunday was a bit of a pain in the arse for us, but I'm sure our lads really won't be bothered about them spawny gets winning in the last minute. The whole country has come to expect it over the last 16 years as Fergie's watch has made the difference in many a United game.

As mentioned by a few people before me...........United ARE feeling the pressure as shown by the wild celebrations at full time. They know we're in the possibly the best posistion we've ever been in the Premiership and we're winning games that down the years we'd have either lost or drawn.

We've hit form at the right time and the blotchy one knows it.

On Sunday we were basically 12 minutes from winning the league. If Utd had lost that game that would have been them done. Hence when they won the wild celebrations. Our players will have been hit by that in some capacity, but they will know that as long as they do their bit then if it's not enough no one can complain. So in that respect nothing has changed.

To win the league though we need Utd to slip up in 2 more games and drop at least 4 points. It's not impossible but it's still a hard task. The pressure is on Utd a bit as they haven't been playing well and it took a massive effort to win against Villa. Tonight will be a big game for them. If they steamroller Porto then they are getting back on track. Another struggle will put doubt back in their minds.

I'd love to see Porto sting them fuckers again with a last minute winner in the 2nd leg. I really can't see it happening mind, but we can all hope.

Who'd have thought we would have gone out to Benfica a few years back? Anything is possible if they keep it tight tonight. Going to porto needing a win isn't easy as Athletico found out in the last round.

We really weren't.

It would have been fantastic had they lost, but you don't win what they have over the last god-knows-how-long by giving up. It would have still been a fight to the line.

We really were. On such things are titles decided. They compare it to Bruces headers in the 7 mins overtime back the first time they won it. It's not that far off in terms of momentum and importance.

It would have still been a fight of course it would but it would have destroyed any belief they had left that they could win it and I expect that they would have dropped enough points for us to take the title. And for us it would have really give us the extra confidence to go on.

You could tell that when they scored the third they knew how important it was in terms of the rest of their season. Thats why they went nuts. They knew that they may have just saved their league campaign.