You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bring Mikey Home

TimAce

Yeah lets keep David Ngog as one of our main striking options for next season.

Seriously the stuff on here written about Micheal Owen is just unbelievable.

I may be in the minority but I have a lot of time for the guy and do not mind who knows. IMO he should be in the England team ahead of the likes of Carlton Cole - the man has played about 80 internationals and scored 40 or so goals and is 28 I think. Not many have that good a record and the way Beckham gets all the adulation when others like Owen are more deseving of it gets me.

But really england is my least concern - if we could put together a package based on a low tranfer fee, sensible wages, pay as you play and no guarantee of a first team place then it should definitely be considered. I do not think it would b fair to say 'No England' but it would be made clear that LDFC should be his priority. I also think he'd like to come and would look at all options and if it was to play for LFC again but maybe have less chance of England appearances I think he'd consider it as for sure he cannot like where he is at present. The man will always score goals and that is what we want isn't it. If Torres gets injured our striking options look severely limited and I cannot see many better options than him this summer (unless you count Kevin Doyle!!). The problem is tho that it appears for whatever reason that Rafa is not interested in Owen. I cannot see that situation changing and so it (like Silva) is very unlikely to happen.

For me Silva and Owen would be a good start of incomers to the club this summer - well rafa if you are going to reject them lets see who you do bring in - I will wait till September before passing judgement but they'd better be good!!

Apart from him being a lying little shit and all that, he is rarely fit. We need players who we can rely on to be there when needed. The conditions that people are listing for taking him back, pay per play, £40k a week, there isnt a hope he will agree to them. He also wont be happy being back up to Torres as he wont get his England place back that way so i cant see it happening.

Yeah lets keep David Ngog as one of our main striking options for next season.

Seriously the stuff on here written about Micheal Owen is just unbelievable.

I may be in the minority but I have a lot of time for the guy and do not mind who knows. IMO he should be in the England team ahead of the likes of Carlton Cole - the man has played about 80 internationals and scored 40 or so goals and is 28 I think. Not many have that good a record and the way Beckham gets all the adulation when others like Owen are more deseving of it gets me.

But really england is my least concern - if we could put together a package based on a low tranfer fee, sensible wages, pay as you play and no guarantee of a first team place then it should definitely be considered. I do not think it would b fair to say 'No England' but it would be made clear that LDFC should be his priority. I also think he'd like to come and would look at all options and if it was to play for LFC again but maybe have less chance of England appearances I think he'd consider it as for sure he cannot like where he is at present. The man will always score goals and that is what we want isn't it. If Torres gets injured our striking options look severely limited and I cannot see many better options than him this summer (unless you count Kevin Doyle!!). The problem is tho that it appears for whatever reason that Rafa is not interested in Owen. I cannot see that situation changing and so it (like Silva) is very unlikely to happen.

For me Silva and Owen would be a good start of incomers to the club this summer - well rafa if you are going to reject them lets see who you do bring in - I will wait till September before passing judgement but they'd better be good!!

Spot on with the comments about Owen. To read some of the stuff about the lad you'd think some posters have never made a mistake in their lives before and even then, expected someone to give them a second chance.

All this tosh about doing the club over is nothing short of ignorance. I could add some very pertinent comments on the situation that developed causing Owen to move to madrid but Im not going to divulge confidences on a forum.

The decision to go to newcastle is also a non-argument as it was Madrid not Owen who dictated the move and they were not, despite what some want to believe, going to turn down £17m on a player which saw them make more than a 100% profit on him.

But on top of all that, Owen is a quality striker. Despite all the seeming speculation in the media about no clubs being interested in him when he leaves newcastle, I'll be amazed if no recognised top club comes in for him.

I can't say what goes through your mind. Perhaps you're some kind of gimp who likes getting negged.

Don't argue on a forum pal, that's gimpish. If you don't like a thread i do, delete it, i don't give a toss. but seems a few people are joining the discussion so maybe you are in the minority.

Also if it's on a thread far down somewhere, i wouldnt know, i don't go beyong the main page, maybe delete those threads that people are no longer using.

Don't argue on a forum pal, that's gimpish. If you don't like a thread i do, delete it, i don't give a toss. but seems a few people are joining the discussion so maybe you are in the minority.

Also if it's on a thread far down somewhere, i wouldnt know, i don't go beyong the main page, maybe delete those threads that people are no longer using.

Bit full of yourself considering you've only just turned up. When you posted this there was already a thread about Owen just three slots down the page. If you don't give a fuck about trying to fit in on here then spam away soft lad, I'm sure you'll be very popular.