You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres

Carradona

I'm going to disagree with you there Cain. The formation in the first half seemed to work, two very good chances, one hit the post and the other tipped wide by the keeper.

I think Rafa played it fantastically today, Kuyt had a fantastic game and it seemed bringing him on changed the game.

Fair play to Rafa, he got it right.

I'm going to disagree with you there Cain. The formation in the first half seemed to work, two very good chances, one hit the post and the other tipped wide by the keeper.

I think Rafa played it fantastically today, Kuyt had a fantastic game and it seemed bringing him on changed the game.

Fair play to Rafa, he got it right.

I'd actually agree. We could have been 5-0 up by half time, and should have scored 2 guarenteed chances - the Kuyt 'offside' and the Babel chance.

When is Babel going to regain confidence? Last season he would havescored that 100% of the time.

I'd actually agree. We could have been 5-0 up by half time, and should have scored 2 guarenteed chances - the Kuyt 'offside' and the Babel chance.

When is Babel going to regain confidence? Last season he would havescored that 100% of the time.

The Babel miss was terrible. I'm sure there's a good palyer in there somewhere but personally I cant give him the time to show it. He's FAR too erratic and despite a few important goals last season he wont ever be a solid first team player for us.

I have defended players in the past few weeks (namely Lucas and Kuyt) but Babel will never make it for us.

This isn't an overreation for the miss today, I just don't think he has it in him. I'm sure he will be a decent squad player for a decent team in another major league, but for us it wont work. It seems we need matchwinners - and Babel just isnt one.

Dossena is a strange one for me. I wrote him off in October, but since Christmas he's actually put in quite a few solid performances. It seems when he's not defending; hes actually quite a good player. Saying that, I still think that he's not good enough, but fair play for the good game today.

Kuyt proved himself today. Surely after this performance some of our fans will give him some time. He deserves it, he's twice the player some Liverpool fans make him out to be.

Do we really need another thread of this shit? We were unlucky to be in any trouble in the first place. Rafa's formation and line up worked. Yossi's footing, The linesman's glaucoma and Babel's magic trick prevented us from capitalising on one of our best performances of the season. Then we got stupid and conceded a couple of stupid goals.

Thanks for saving Rafa's blushes.

You are our knight in shining armour.

Took the light off our utterly defensive line up today with that win.

Mind you, I think Rafa go it right today but he was VERY VERY lucky.

He has Torres to thank.

Good goal Dirk.

They saved Reina's blushes if anything.

It's like damage limitation from a few on here since we've won, they were dancing around phoning each other planning how deep they could twist the knife. Those plans were well and truly fucked by us winning so we've had lots of snide little digs about winning inspite of benitez, or how the players saved him.

Curse that evil mastermind.

PS: not even close to being 'utterly defensive' but I understand how seeing defenders on the pitch can be confusing for the challenged.

Do we really need another thread of this shit? We were unlucky to be in any trouble in the first place. Rafa's formation and line up worked. Yossi's footing, The linesman's glaucoma and Babel's magic trick prevented us from capitalising on one of our best performances of the season. Then we got stupid and conceded a couple of stupid goals.

I'm all out of rep, or you'd have some.