You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keane not at training today.

chris71

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people want Keane gone, yet moan at Rafa when he's not in the squad.

I don't work that out.

Either you want Keane to stay and have a part to play.

Or you want him gone and therefore it's irrelevant whether he's in the squad or not.

Personally I'd rather we cut our losses, assuming a replacement comes in.

Regardless of their opinion of Keane, only someone who had never watched a games of footy would think we're better off going into one of our most important games of the season with N'gog in the squad instead of him.

Some people want Keane gone, yet moan at Rafa when he's not in the squad.

There's many players I wanted gone but from the bench they can always have an inspired moment. That said, Keane is probably is the wrong frame of mind.

I'm just not sure of our options were Nando or Kuyt to get injured.

rafa has lost the plot how the hell can that ngog stocking get in the squad ahead of keane i would take lennon of them and then get a striker however i dont think that is going to happen the way things are going at the moment are very worrying we seem to be in freefall im not even looking forward to the chavs game tommrow of the field distractions seem to be overshadowing the team.and rafa for me has lost the plot

He is obviously being sold and with Defoe out for 6 weeks I can see him going back to Tottenham. Such a shame it didn't work out for him. To be honest, with Gerrard already here I don't think we really needed him in any case. But he is better up top than Kuyt, Babel and N'Gog so dropping him from squads seem really petty and unjustified.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

I'm one of Rafa's biggest fans, but sometimes it's nigh on impossible to defend him

It's as if he's embarking on a smear campaign against himself lately

I'm one of Rafa's biggest fans, but sometimes it's nigh on impossible to defend him

It's as if he's embarking on a smear campaign against himself lately

Totally agree. I normally try to look for the big picture, or try and reason what his logic must be. However it does appear that he's on some sort of self destruction path at the moment.

The only reasonable assumption must be that he's either leaving or injured, and by all accounts he trained so...

I wouldn't get worked up if Keane goes and isn't replaced, what difference would it make? Keane either hasn't been used properly this season or not been used at all - so it's not like we'd be any weaker. In the current climate at Anfield, he's about as useful as the pope's balls.

Just can't see him being sold. It would have been done well before the end of the TW.

I doubt Keane would agree to a move anyway.

It's got worse than better since the window opened.

Spurs desperately need to get a striker with Defoe's injury.

Robbie would probably want to play for Southend to get away from Rafa.

Totally fucked and ludicrous situation ever.