You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only player I'd drop Kuyt on the right for is Gerrard, a move I'd wholeheartedly advocate.

Many more (probably most) wouldn't though, so dropping Kuyt is not a black and white issue, IMO we have no-one, Gerrard apart, who could do a better job than him out there.

We have Babel and had Pennant. Pennant was never used for one reason or other - the reason only Benitez knows. You could argue Babel's attitude does not warrant a start over Kuyt but I'm only looking at football reasons.

If Kuyt has a stinker, why not try Pennant or Babel on the right side? If they both have stinkers too, may be come back to Kuyt. If Babel has a bad game, he is dropped, if Riera has a bad game he is dropped, if Keane has a bad game (or even a good game) he is dropped, Kuyt continues to have absolute stinkers but he starts every game and finishes every game. Where is the competition for him Rafa?

Kuyt is NOT a right sided player. We can get away in some games by playing him on the right of 4-2-3-1 but we will NEVER get away with playing him on the right of 4-4-2. As a striker, he has done his best to prove he is shit. Sell him in the summer - whatever we get for him will be a bonus.

We, or rather Benitez has ruined Dirk Kuyt.

He was a quality player in Holland, and he is a striker, who was turned into a Right Winger, and often plays upfront, to no avail.

I really like Dirk Kuyt, and when I say Like, I mean love. He has less ability than Ryan Babel, but Kuyt looks like he gives a shit, which gives you alot of leeway, he should not be playing where he is in domestic competition, in Europe it works, but not here, he gets caught out far too easily.

We, or rather Benitez has ruined Dirk Kuyt.

He was a quality player in Holland, and he is a striker, who was turned into a Right Winger, and often plays upfront, to no avail.

I really like Dirk Kuyt, and when I say Like, I mean love. He has less ability than Ryan Babel, but Kuyt looks like he gives a shit, which gives you alot of leeway, he should not be playing where he is in domestic competition, in Europe it works, but not here, he gets caught out far too easily.

This means nothing in all fairness, Dawn French would bag double figures in that league, same goes for France.

This means nothing in all fairness, Dawn French would bag double figures in that league, same goes for France.

Aye.

However, I also agree with Ant's post - end of the day, he is a striker. Not a right sided player. If he is not good enough as a striker, he should be sold. He hasn't got any attributes to be successful as a right sided player.

We have Babel and had Pennant. Pennant was never used for one reason or other - the reason only Benitez knows. You could argue Babel's attitude does not warrant a start over Kuyt but I'm only looking at football reasons.

If Kuyt has a stinker, why not try Pennant or Babel on the right side? If they both have stinkers too, may be come back to Kuyt. If Babel has a bad game, he is dropped, if Riera has a bad game he is dropped, if Keane has a bad game (or even a good game) he is dropped, Kuyt continues to have absolute stinkers but he starts every game and finishes every game. Where is the competition for him Rafa?

Kuyt is NOT a right sided player. We can get away in some games by playing him on the right of 4-2-3-1 but we will NEVER get away with playing him on the right of 4-4-2. As a striker, he has done his best to prove he is shit. Sell him in the summer - whatever we get for him will be a bonus.

Agree to some extent with the bolded text. Kuyt is severly lacking in a 4-4-2 but is the best option in a 4-2-3-1.

Pennant is/was useless, whatever the formation. No goal threat whatsoever and his crossing pathetic.

Babel is a puzzle. I thought he'd be the preferred option on the left of a 4-2-3-1, but for one reason or another that's not happened. Well, quite frankly, the Keane signing has fucked us up really.

Barring Gerrard to me, Kuyt on the right is our best option, with Babel cuttng inside from the left (the lad can't seem to cross a ball).

Just get rid of all the Dutch players. When was the last time we signed a decent Dutchman? That crappy right back whose name I've forgotten, Meijer and Zenden were at best, mediocre, and now we have Kuyt and Babel.

The Netherlands is supposed to be the land of total football but they've supplied us with a stream of mediocrity for years!