You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

But then if you'd read my post you'd know I was talking about people I go the match with or know from the pub. I converse using actual real words and sounds when I speak with people in the pub or at the match. Using a forum to communicate with them would just be stupid. If you're going to be smart, at least be smart.

Right I'm off to watch the match.

*holds hands up*

It was my very poor attempt at being a revenge pedant.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I don't think supporting LFC and being anti-OOT is right or acceptable, supporting LFC and being anti-scouse is well off the scale of wrongness.

The whole OOT debate is tired, but there shouldn't be a debate at all on being an anti-scouse Liverpool fan.

You can be a twat wherever you're from, and we've too many following us nowadays. They come from all over.

Too right they do. Take you and your stance on soup for instance.

Pedant. Oh, and by the way, you are only a proper scouser if you were born in Oxford Street maternity hospital(now The Font for all you student types) or Mill Road maternity. Oxford Street for me(easier to get to town).

So being born in Broadgreen now qualifies me as a wool? Is this something that SOS have decided? ;)

I'd also like to back up Barry Wom and Ulysses Everett McGill in noting the disrespect of Scousers on here. It's done in many forms (usually in sly digs). I see it from some of the old guard and it I find it appalling. I've been reading this place since Dave launched the fanzine and there were about 20 people maximum posting on the old Bravenet forum (2002?), and it's lost many good Scousers (Ste H, Uncle Traveling Matt, Shankly's Ghost etc.).

I've nothing against OOT's, and some of my favourite forumites come from such far flung places as Wales, London, Norway, Canada and the Wirral, but it's a bit much if lads from the club's city feel uncomfortable on here isn't it? I'm Liverpool born, but my family moved marginally out of the city's boundaries when I was a kid and would probably be considered a wool myself these days.

I'd hate for this place to become RAOTL, because most of them on there are small-minded and insular, with some of them being bigots, but I still think it's out of order for OOT's to disparage Scousers and the city, and it's something I'm starting to see all too often.

So being born in Broadgreen now qualifies me as a wool? Is this something that SOS have decided? ;)

I'd also like to back up Barry Wom and Ulysses Everett McGill in noting the disrespect of Scousers on here. It's done in many forms (usually in sly digs). I see it from some of the old guard and it I find it appalling. I've been reading this place since Dave launched the fanzine and there were about 20 people maximum posting on the old Bravenet forum (2002?), and it's lost many good Scousers (Ste H, Uncle Traveling Matt, Shankly's Ghost etc.).

I've nothing against OOT's, and some of my favourite forumites come from such far flung places as Wales, London, Norway, Canada and the Wirral, but it's a bit much if lads from the club's city feel uncomfortable on here isn't it? I'm Liverpool born, but my family moved marginally out of the city's boundaries when I was a kid and would probably be considered a wool myself these days.

I'd hate for this place to become RAOTL, because most of them on there are small-minded and insular, with some of them being bigots, but I still think it's out of order for OOT's to disparage Scousers and the city, and it's something I'm starting to see all too often.

Ok.

I truly have not seen this in my year posting and years lurking. Others who have been posting here much longer are totally refuting these claims also.

Given this, could you, or UEM give actual examples of this?

My feeling is that I truly think that you are reading too much into peoples comments. For example, I am almost an OOT walking advertisement for Liverpool. I work in the airline industry and have directly been the reason for in the region of about 20 very large works parties (on one occasion I supplied 300 cabin crew to the men of Liverpool) from all around Europe been held in Liverpool so the city can show off its great nightlife. I've held two stags in Liverpool for Irish lads when they wanted to go somewhere with a bit of sun. Every one of them has since gone back for weekends having loved the place. Forumite Edward knows me here and would confirm that I've never had a bad word to say about the place. I also pushed and pushed for the airline I work for to set a base up in Liverpool ahead of Manchester. This happened, not solely down to me of course, but I like to think I had good input.

Yet, I was accused of hating Liverpool and Scousers just because I think SOS aren't doing a great job of keeping the anti-ownership issue in the public eye. And having read (I think) all of the info on the Shields case I only think he should get a re-trial and not be immediately freed without question. This somehow meant I was against the city as a whole. Just like because I wish death on Ian Paisley, I now hate all of Northern Ireland, something that is not remotely true, with Belfast been one of my favourite places in the world to visit and go out in.

Maybe the people getting very upset are been a bit flowery and trying to find the bad in everything? Maybe they are looking for anti-scouse stuff where it just doesn't exist, yet they somehow find it?

Maybe I am totally wrong and there is an underbelly of scouse hatred on the forum.

But instead of telling us you don't have the time to show examples of the anti-scouse stuff, why not take a few minutes and show the examples and help the forumites understand the issue, and then we can deal with it. Surely by ignoring it, you are as culpable as the others?

I hope this post is treated in the way it was meant. Liverpool Football Club is what we love and the reason we all post here and is our common ground. The club is an extension of the city and by association we should all love the city. I think most do. I know I do.

Watching on the telly tonight I thought it was a lot of shit and has belittled our club. I am ashamed.

I would understand it if Shields was a former player or manager but what the fuck are our players doing wearing them shirts. Poor poor show.

This is not the club I used to love.

anny rd... dont fucking think so

Ok.

I truly have not seen this in my year posting and years lurking. Others who have been posting here much longer are totally refuting these claims also.

Given this, could you, or UEM give actual examples of this?

My feeling is that I truly think that you are reading too much into peoples comments. For example, I am almost an OOT walking advertisement for Liverpool. I work in the airline industry and have directly been the reason for in the region of about 20 very large works parties (on one occasion I supplied 300 cabin crew to the men of Liverpool) from all around Europe been held in Liverpool so the city can show off its great nightlife. I've held two stags in Liverpool for Irish lads when they wanted to go somewhere with a bit of sun. Every one of them has since gone back for weekends having loved the place. Forumite Edward knows me here and would confirm that I've never had a bad word to say about the place. I also pushed and pushed for the airline I work for to set a base up in Liverpool ahead of Manchester. This happened, not solely down to me of course, but I like to think I had good input.

Yet, I was accused of hating Liverpool and Scousers just because I think SOS aren't doing a great job of keeping the anti-ownership issue in the public eye. And having read (I think) all of the info on the Shields case I only think he should get a re-trial and not be immediately freed without question. This somehow meant I was against the city as a whole. Just like because I wish death on Ian Paisley, I now hate all of Northern Ireland, something that is not remotely true, with Belfast been one of my favourite places in the world to visit and go out in.

Maybe the people getting very upset are been a bit flowery and trying to find the bad in everything? Maybe they are looking for anti-scouse stuff where it just doesn't exist, yet they somehow find it?

Maybe I am totally wrong and there is an underbelly of scouse hatred on the forum.

But instead of telling us you don't have the time to show examples of the anti-scouse stuff, why not take a few minutes and show the examples and help the forumites understand the issue, and then we can deal with it. Surely by ignoring it, you are as culpable as the others?

I hope this post is treated in the way it was meant. Liverpool Football Club is what we love and the reason we all post here and is our common ground. The club is an extension of the city and by association we should all love the city. I think most do. I know I do.

Well said that man.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
I think you killed the atmosphere tonight and far be it from me to suggest you cost the team the 12th man and 3 points.

LIVERPOOL FC. Noone is bigger than than the team.

Where were you sitting?

If that's true - and I'm not saying it is - are you saying that the club should do less for Michael to keep it in proportion to what's been done for the 96? Would it not be better to do it the other way around - increase what's being done for the 96 to keep it in proportion?

Obviously that's not the case, but why is the club prioritising 1 maybe innocent over 96 innocents?

It isn't, wasn't and never will be a football related matter. The players shouldn't be involved.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Care to explain why I am a cunt? Or are you just being a keyboard warrior.

Still curious to hear what part if the ground it was where the atmosphere was affected by the demonstration?

People shouldnt be forced to hold up cards or sing anything. Simple.

People will say "well, you didnt have to hold it up or sing anything". I felt almost forced to hold this up and sing. After his mum was on the pitch in tears, how could i not?

This case is something i know nothing about and to be fair, have my doubts about. I held it up for his poor mum.

Judging by the lack of enthusiasm this FREE MICHAEL NOW 'chant' was met with, In my opinion this should never be repeated.

I can't help but feel that the club has not helped themselves by getting involved in this. As has been pointed out it is not a footballing matter and we should not be getting involved as a club, as a group of fans, yes but the club should not touch this with a shitty stick as far as I am concerned.

How about the players Justice For the 96 shirts at every home game in support of something thats fact and is far more worthy than a six minute chant two years ago.

To be honest I am absolutely disgusted by the pushing of Shields' case by the club and Hillsborough has come across like it only matters once a year.

I know some will call me a cunt for saying what I have already said on here about my opinions on Shields' case, but Hillsborough is a cause that demands and deserves to be at the forefront of any protest we do as a set of fans and a football. If this is how it is going to be from now then Liverpool Fc can fuck right off and so can the players from this group onwards. It fucking stinks.

Still curious to hear what part if the ground it was where the atmosphere was affected by the demonstration?

I was in the pub. We had the volume full belt mind.

I wasn't aware that the only place to have an opinion on the atmosphere was acutally at the ground.

Maybe I a mistaken and it was great. Am I?

Something which hasnt been metioned about the shields case on this thread, it seemed to me the fella who was attacked was keen to get shields convicted(weather it was him or not) after he had been arrested for the compo money! thats just the opnion i got at the time reading it in the papers! What I mean is he wasnt taking the risk of saying it was Sankey just in case shields was sent home and his pay day went down the drain!!