You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

CL: Liverpool v Atletico Madrid Thread

Woo

Alonso (again) was the best player on the pitch IMO.

Gotta stop agreeing with Code72 though, it makes me feel unclean.

Absolutely - looked pure class tonight, shame no one else was playing at his level. I thought Keane worked hard and nearly scored a belter in the fist half - deserved 90 minutes. Ngog looked comically out of his depth with the exception of one bit of skill. I think El Zhar has much more to offer than Ngog and looks comfortable at this level. Good performance from Bob Arbeloa. Need Torres back big time.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some right fucking bellends on this thread,from about the 12th page on.

You know who you are.

Stevie had a poor enough night tonight,but maybe thats the standard that the lad himself sets,i just cant imagine where we would be without him.

And go and take another look at the pen,i wouldnt call it cheating he got to the ball first and was then shoved.

Fucking whoppers,i bet most of you wishes he was at chelsea and had Jimmy fucking Bullard in midfield.Short fucking memories.

That's a little hysterical isn't it?

Not wanting to see our players throw themselves to the ground like that, doesn't mean you don't appreciate the good things he does.

We need a goal poacher fast. I'd take Owen in Jan if the price was right and the little cunt understands that he is no longer number one and that he is not going to play every game.

Fuckwit.

We need a goal poacher fast. I'd take Owen in Jan if the price was right and the little cunt understands that he is no longer number one and that he is not going to play every game.

He'll be packing his bags and booking his train ticket as we speak on the back of that heartfelt recommendation

Agree, I found it strange Yossi did not come on tonight, he could be the player to unlock a very solid Atletico defense.

Yes, him or El Zhar (I know he played yesterday) would have improved the shape and flow. The sight of Kuyt getting the ball on the right wing with his back to goal always fills me with gloom, because it's so painfully predictable: he can't spin round and accelerate past his marker, he can't escape by going inside, so he either tries for a throw in or passes it back. That position desperately needs someone with pace.

Have i wandered onto a Manc forum by mistake? Why is one of our best players and club captain being crucified for getting us what could be a vital point?
Apparently it's not the Liverpool way or have I wandered onto The Liverpool Way by mistake.

That's a little hysterical isn't it?

Not wanting to see our players throw themselves to the ground like that, doesn't mean you don't appreciate the good things he does.

Fuckwit.

Maybe a little hysterical hamstrung,but i just logged on when the game had finished and started to read from about the 12th page.

And read back over some of the posts,id say there are a good few who dont appreciate anything the lad does.How many fucking games has he carried us through??

Chrisbonnie,and that other prick philburkiehill are 2 that spring to mind,but their are others.Im off to bed in a bad temper now!

I'm not so sure, Red Mist.

I think it was an error to start Keane over Babel in that up top position.

Babel MIGHT have done better with Keane's two oppurtunities.

But would Babel have got into the position to get these two opportunties. I think that's a pretty ridiculous things to say, ten different players would all make ten different kind of runs. And, you got to say Babel is an amazingly static player, he just relies on his pace to get onto balls played over the top of opposition defences when they are chasing a game. But, everytime he's started a game upfront, and here I'm talking of teams like Crewe, Barnsley etc... they just have to defend deep and Ryan just doesn't seem to have a clue where to make a run.

Yes, him or El Zhar (I know he played yesterday) would have improved the shape and flow. The sight of Kuyt getting the ball on the right wing with his back to goal always fills me with gloom, because it's so painfully predictable: he can't spin round and accelerate past his marker, he can't escape by going inside, so he either tries for a throw in or passes it back. That position desperately needs someone with pace.

I think the big problem is when you make a substitution it's supposed to make a difference give you some kind of impeteous(sp) a bit of a boost of late we just get worse. The more subs we bring on the less effective we appear to be. I just don't know if he makes the right substitutions. In terms of who he brings off.

But would Babel have got into the position to get these two opportunties. I think that's a pretty ridiculous things to say, ten different players would all make ten different kind of runs. And, you got to say Babel is an amazingly static player, he just relies on his pace to get onto balls played over the top of opposition defences when they are chasing a game. But, everytime he's started a game upfront, and here I'm talking of teams like Crewe, Barnsley etc... they just have to defend deep and Ryan just doesn't seem to have a clue where to make a run.

That's true... I don't argue that. I was just saying that Babel MIGHT have done better in those positions.

Some right fucking bellends on this thread,from about the 12th page on.

You know who you are.

Stevie had a poor enough night tonight,but maybe thats the standard that the lad himself sets,i just cant imagine where we would be without him.

And go and take another look at the pen,i wouldnt call it cheating he got to the ball first and was then shoved.

Fucking whoppers,i bet most of you wishes he was at chelsea and had Jimmy fucking Bullard in midfield.Short fucking memories.

Fucking Amen, came on here expecting to see some good vibes about drawing a game that looked fucking all over... theres far too much shit flying Gerrard's way. The ref was shit on a stick tonight, we were denied a blatant penalty and numerous fucking small decisions that should have gone our way. That challenge happens anywhere other than the penalty area and its a foul, so what he fucking looked for it, so would any other captain who team had been fucked over.

Bollocks to it not being a penalty, the bungling officials missed four of them tonight, two for each team, so by the numbers ratio he was always going to give one.

Since when did Atletico start defending so well? Every time I've seen them at the back they've been cataclysmic. We had a total shortage of ideas but they kept us at bay easily. They frustrated us tonight because they kept the ball so well. They were also lethal on the break.

We were poor, we had no ideas and its a good job the referee was thoroughly incompetent. He missed 2 penalties for each team, 2 right under my nose, he gave a penalty that wasn't and then, most ridiculously of all, he booked someone for taking a shot from kick off. The man and his two friends was utterly clueless and he could have cost us big time.

Thought Alonso played quite well, very disappointed with Kuyt and I thought Rieira was disappointing tonight as well. Didn't think Keane was as bad as what people are saying either. We need to get ourselves sorted for Saturday.

final thing I have to say...we need a deco type player....

Jesus. I'm agreeing with fungus. He's dead right on this. Someone who can pick a lock. Benayoun is not that player. He may have done it once in his career, but we need someone at a much higher level. Is Bergkamp keeping himself fit?