You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"It's not a badge, it's a family crest. Nothing is impossible."

sorry should have been posted on here earlier ....

"It's not a badge, it's a family crest. Nothing is impossible." Adidas

Poster.

"It's set to be a paradise for Liverpool fans - the biggest official

club shop anywhere in Europe." Club Press Release about the new club

shop opening tomorrow.

A NEW PARADISE FOR REDS FANS

A paradise for Liverpool supporters. A veritable utopia for us all.

Whatever the marketing blurb says we know that paradise isn't a place

where Manchester United are league and European Champions and look like

investing significantly this summer from a position of strength. We know

paradise isn't inertia; two owners desperate to wring every last penny

over their abortive eighteen months in charge of the football club. We

know paradise isn't being lied to again and again. It isn't Rick Parry.

It isn't David Moores. This isn't paradise but, well, nothing is

impossible.

Supporting this football club isn't buying into a franchise; it's

committing yourself to shared values and aspirations. It's a necessity

of modern football that this collective identity is taken and sold back

to us. However that doesn't mean we should accept it when those shared

values and aspirations aren't simply being ignored but are being ridden

roughshod over by those who stand to gain from our support.

We've asked you to withhold that support wherever possible and we ask

you to do so again. We've asked you to spread this word around and we

ask you to do so again. We've asked each and every one of you to

consider every pound that goes into the football club as being a pound

which goes towards us paying off a debt which is not ours, which has not

been instituted for the benefit of the football club but for the two

greedy individuals who hold our potential back, and work out whether or

not that pound is worth spending.

The fight has dragged on but that doesn't make it any less worth

fighting and it doesn't make it any less urgent. Every day that passes

damages our club and we're looking for new fronts to open, to

re-emphasise there is no custodianship here, no integrity, no honesty,

no dignity. Nothing that makes LFC fans proud.

Next week we're hoping to start sending membership packs out, we're

hoping to launch the online membership. Within our membership packs is a

badge. The badge we send out isn't just a badge, isn't a family crest

but it is a simple statement - that the wearer will not accept our

shared values being destroyed, that the wearer will fight against this

now, and will ensure that after this fight has been won the next

custodians will be held to account.

We know nothing is impossible; that's why we're here: an organisation

created from the ground up, energised by Liverpool supporters who will

not watch what they believe in be eroded by lies and ongoing

incompetence. A democratic organisation which has and will continue to

speak for the collective, speak for the shared values and aspirations

and will speak out as the erosion takes place. We still need your energy

and your support; we shall always need it if we are to fulfil what we

said we would. We can only come together and hold the club to account

for years to come if we do stand together as a massed force of Liverpool

supporters.

Paradise isn't a shop. It's being one red in a crowd, urging this

football club towards success.

Spirit Of Shankly.

I don't use the club shop, the last time I went to the one in Willy square was to try and buy some stuff for Athens and found there was absolutely nothing with the CL final or Athens '07 on it in store, the Friday before the game. Unbelievable.

I've also cancelled my sub to the e-season ticket.

BUT, isn't it good that we're actually doing something about marketing? What I mean is, when the Three Stooges (Hicks, Parry and Gillett) fuckoff, at least there'll be a decent club shop for us to use.

I'm going for a nose today, not buying anything like. The advertising of the new kit has been massive compared to other seasons.

The boycott mightn't be making a huge impact but at least I'm not paying for that fat cunt to own the club!

I didn't go to Istanbul, first European Cup Final I have missed with the Tricky Reds.

Next day, I took the youngest lad to Anfield to watch the home coming, it was chokka block, watched in amazement at the number of "Unoffcial" LFC T shirts being sold and being worm by those who wear colours, got the lad one, no problem, not my cup of tea this wearing of colours.

Black is the only thing I wear for the match.

Anyway, mate of mine works for LFC.TV, mentioned that Parry and the Marketing team hadn't placed an order for LFC "Winners" gear until 10 days before the Final itself.

Owing to the size of the order, the Chinese people whom the order was placed with wanted the exact pantone reference number, so the exact red could be used. Lpool didn't respond, and just said go ahead with the order there won't be a problem.

As we all know, the Tricky Reds overcame the impossible, and we won it for the 5th time, what you don't know is that on the Tuesday, there was a huge delivery of LFC "European Cup Winners" gear and almost eveything was produced in a hideious shade of red. The club paid for the items without question, and the majority of the goods where returned to the supplier who was asked to destroy everything.

Thats the reason why LFC didn't have much memorabila to celebrate 2005.

I didn't go to Istanbul, first European Cup Final I have missed with the Tricky Reds.

Next day, I took the youngest lad to Anfield to watch the home coming, it was chokka block, watched in amazement at the number of "Unoffcial" LFC T shirts being sold and being worm by those who wear colours, got the lad one, no problem, not my cup of tea this wearing of colours.

Black is the only thing I wear for the match.

Anyway, mate of mine works for LFC.TV, mentioned that Parry and the Marketing team hadn't placed an order for LFC "Winners" gear until 10 days before the Final itself.

Owing to the size of the order, the Chinese people whom the order was placed with wanted the exact pantone reference number, so the exact red could be used. Lpool didn't respond, and just said go ahead with the order there won't be a problem.

As we all know, the Tricky Reds overcame the impossible, and we won it for the 5th time, what you don't know is that on the Tuesday, there was a huge delivery of LFC "European Cup Winners" gear and almost eveything was produced in a hideious shade of red. The club paid for the items without question, and the majority of the goods where returned to the supplier who was asked to destroy everything.

Thats the reason why LFC didn't have much memorabila to celebrate 2005.

Hicks might actually do one good thing for LFC (2 if he fucks off) if he sacks Krusty. The man is totally useless, he used to work for the FA for fucks sake.

When will these guys work out that any initiative that is not accepted by the MAJORITY of fans is destined to failure. Merchandising is probably 1% of revenue and hence the impact felt will be negligible. The whole concept of cutting off your nose to spite you face doesn't appeal to most LFC fans.

SOS has focused on destructive things, things that will hurt LFC and less so, Hicks. They need to re-think their approach and find a way to either target Hicks alone or take a more constructive approach.

It's a shame that so much energy is being invested in something which is so obviously futile.

When will these guys work out that any initiative that is not accepted by the MAJORITY of fans is destined to failure. Merchandising is probably 1% of revenue and hence the impact felt will be negligible. The whole concept of cutting off your nose to spite you face doesn't appeal to most LFC fans.

SOS has focused on destructive things, things that will hurt LFC and less so, Hicks. They need to re-think their approach and find a way to either target Hicks alone or take a more constructive approach.

It's a shame that so much energy is being invested in something which is so obviously futile.

I imagine it to be far more than that. Bar matchdays and advertising I cant think of much else that raises revenue.

It will be interesting to see that come August if Hick's and Gillett are there; we will see were many of our Match Going fans will stand and see if the Boycott was succesful on some level. Near enough every first game of the season every season, the sun is cracking the flags and fans are wearing the merchandise.

Let's hope the ground isn't all Red if those cunts are still there come August.

To be honest I don't care about other people buying merchandise in the club shop (SCABS!!) as long as I'm happy in myself with the knowledge that I'm not giving any money more than I have to to pay for that fat cunt buying our club! ...and anyone bringing up the "ahhh, yer but you still buy your match ticket" need to look at themselves as they take more from T.V. money than they do from gate receipts.

I imagine it to be far more than that. Bar matchdays and advertising I cant think of much else that raises revenue.

Since Rafa's been here 100m in prize money, 30m+ / year in TV money. That is by far the largest slice of our revenue. A couple of shirts isn't going to make much difference and no matter what you do they'll always be 45K at Anfield.

To be honest I don't care about other people buying merchandise in the club shop (SCABS!!) as long as I'm happy in myself with the knowledge that I'm not giving any money more than I have to to pay for that fat cunt buying our club! ...and anyone bringing up the "ahhh, yer but you still buy your match ticket" need to look at themselves as they take more from T.V. money than they do from gate receipts.

But you are hurting the club in order to hurt Hicks. We need to find a way to hurt Hicks alone. Fake bomb scares at his american teams games etc.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

You have the figures to prove this?

If it's negligable why cannot do they bother investing so much in advertising the fact that thier is a new kit available and opening a new unit in the shiny new "Liverpool One" shopping presinct?

revenues for merchandising in the last year under moores was 30% of a turnover of about £110m. This includes things like what adidas/reebok paid, but do you think when the next contract comes to be signed they will be willing to part with as much money if shirt sales have dropped by a significant amount?

don't understand the whole idea of a boycott, one minute you're boycotting merchandise and the next you're complaining that we haven't got enough money to buy whatever superstar you're dreaming about, you're just making it worse.

Im inclined to agree with you but I wont. The reason is, if everyone continues to buy shirts then hicks will be justified in his statement about success not mattering when you have a fan base that will roll over and buy stuff redardless.

He needs to learn that we are not the mugs he thinks LFC/soccer fans are.

Besides, shirt prices are a fucking rip off anyway.

You have the figures to prove this?

If it's negligable why cannot do they bother investing so much in advertising the fact that thier is a new kit available and opening a new unit in the shiny new "Liverpool One" shopping presinct?

Nope, made it up, was trying to make a couple of points 1/ We get far more revenue from match day, TV and prize money than merchandising 2/ Unless the majority of fans buy into this it will make not one iota of difference.

I think it's prettty clear that the boycott does not have the support of the majority the fans, we'll always fill Anfield, shirts will still be sold. I think it's pretty obvious that the approach of trying to hurt Hicks by hurting LFC is going to be difficult to sell to the majority of fans.

Target Hicks alone and SOS will grow exponentially.

don't understand the whole idea of a boycott, one minute you're boycotting merchandise and the next you're complaining that we haven't got enough money to buy whatever superstar you're dreaming about, you're just making it worse.

That's really not the point. It would be nice to get the players Rafa really wants, rather than settling for his second or third choice. But we can easily live without Abramovichian billions as long as (a) the club is not saddled with other people's debts (b) the manager gets the support he deserves © the business is run efficiently, with proper regard to the fans and (d) we get a proper stadium, that's right for the fans and for the residents of Anfield.

Randolph & Mortimer promised all of this and they have welched on everything.

I'm not sure about the boycott - I don't know if I'd actively encourage others to avoid the club's merchandise - but I am sure that putting money into the overstuffed wallets of those bastards would leave a nasty taste in my mouth. There are. of course, plenty of options for people who want to show their allegiance without enriching and encouraging the rapacious gobshites - retro shirts (from TOFFS), unofficial merchandise, national shirts (Spain, etc) or shirts of former players' new clubs (e.g. Paddy at Sparta, Luis at Atletico, er.... Salif at Stoke, etc.)

• 1 month later...