You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Glen Johnson....

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Guardian and Independent (I think it's those two will check) we are going to be paying him £80,000 a week! Surely that can not be right?? That would mean (going by newspaper reports only so not accurate at all) only Carra, Torres and Gerrard will be earning more. Surely not?

Sounds about right to me, any decent replacement would demand as much, they could chuck a similar contract Xabis way while they are at it.

Sounds about right to me, any decent replacement would demand as much, they could chuck a similar contract Xabis way while they are at it.

Was there a late City bid for Johnson which we upped his wages to 90,000 just so we can sway his attention to us?

In which case we would be under paying the Chief by 10,000??:wallbutt:

90 grand a week!!!

17 and a half million!!!

how? why? Rick Parry?

I need answers!!!!

How? He is English and coverted by a top 4 team other than ourselves.

Why? Best right back in the league last year, perfect for our team, English, improves on what we already have.

Parry? Cunt.

Hope I helped.

David Usher is wrong.

I want Dave to come on here and tell me that Mascherano costs us £25K a week, ie £7k a week less than John Arne Riise and a circa £10m fee.... this an Argentine international who Kia Joorabchian bought for £10m. At the same time his mate was joining Manchester United for £10 LOAN fee with a view to a £26m transfer AFTER the loan period. Not to mention Carrick £18m,

Hagreaves £18m.

Kia I guess is known for selling players cheap and losing money.

I have no problem in believing that you are only 5 feet 8 inches. Everything about you shouts 'small man syndrome'. You are like one of those little Jack Russell terriers who keep yapping away around your ankles and need to be kicked in the face and told to piss off every so often.

I could outline in detail the back ground, the deal and the historical context for you, but you really aren't worth the time and the effort, as, like always, in a couple of days you will have either forgotten it or chosen to ignore it and will be banging the same cymbal again. No wonder normally placid people want to pull your eyes out with pliers.

Guest ian garro
I still can't believe rational people believe that line, its astonishing.

Astonishing... yes. Astonishing that people (whether rightly or wrongly) have a differing opinion than your good self. Love the way you've just passed your opinion on the whole thing off as fact here.

Is it as 'astonishing' as you telling everyone that MacManamans' arl fella was a Liverpool season ticket holder in the Macmanaman thread ?

Astonishing... yes. Astonishing that people (whether rightly or wrongly) have a differing opinion than your good self. Love the way you've just passed your opinion on the whole thing off as fact here.

People have to justify their opinion though? I am asking for people to explain how they quantify the £17m package that the well known charity that is Kia Joorabchian "negotiated" on behalf of his client Mascherano. You know the same man who at the same time charged £10m to "loan" Tevez whilst agreeing a £26m fee for him at the end of the 2 year term?

So what I am trying to get at is that Mascherano's contract isn't "opinion" it is a "fact" - whatever that contract might be. In a discussion it is not unreasonable to ask why intelligent people could believe that Kia Joorabchian sold him to us for £8m with a £26k a week salary - yes - the same Kia Joorabchian who is busienss partners with Pini Zahavi - the worlds most famous football agent.

FYI - £8m is what we bought Dossena for, and £26k a week is £6k a week less than what we paid John Arne Riise.

A West Ham reserve don't forget. Why should he get a bigger salary and cost more in the situation he was in when we bought him? He will get more when he get a new contract, but you shouldn't mix todays situation with the situation we signed him in.

Mascherano cost us £18M, wages not included, the price is reported everywhere.

Rafa did not save his career either, he was an Argentina international, regarded as one of the best defensive midfielders in the world and certainly the most promising one.

Mascherano had plenty of options when he joined us, why do people think Rafa made him a home visit to try to persuade him to join us instead of any of the other clubs after him, do people think it was because mascherano was desperate for a club to come in for him and save him from the West Ham bench and could not wait to sign when we just out of the blue happened to be in for him.

Macsh has only himself to blame for signing up to some dodgy tycoon cunt instead of a football club. He's caused a large amount of money to go out of the game, he can't start wimpering he's paid less to those who took the football route.

He is due a pay rise but he can first of all thank his lucky stars we rescued him from being Mullins understudy.