You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Look on the bright side...

odris

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus points:

(1) We wouldn't have beaten the mancs under any circumstances, I'm sorry to say it but we wouldn't. Therefore we won't be forced to undergo the worst feeling any generation of Liverpool fan has ever had to suffer.

(2) There will be no trouble in Moscow, trouble which would have created a level of mutual hatred that would be unprecidented in the modern game and would overshadow every match we ever played against them after it.

(3) We can get on with the real business at hand of getting rid of our owners.

(4) We played well and left the competition with our heads held high.

Some people are going to be spending a lot of time in the Russian prison system, could you wish that fate on two more deserving sets of fans?

Next season Ryan Babel will be the hottest property in European football, capping a memorable season by scoring the winner in Rome.

munich 58...moscow 08. its got a ring to it

Classy.

The positive is that we won't be dragged into the mire or recriminations when Moscow turns into a Royal Rumble reprise in a few weeks times and that two sets of fans that think the have a moral high ground on some issues may be humbled.

We also won't lose the biggest game in history between two English sides and be continually reminded of it for years to come by those cunts down the M62.

Plus points:

(1) We wouldn't have beaten the mancs under any circumstances, I'm sorry to say it but we wouldn't. Therefore we won't be forced to undergo the worst feeling any generation of Liverpool fan has ever had to suffer.

Nah, we'd have beaten them. Easy to say now I guess, but I stand by it.

We'l meet them in the final soon though, as English teams are going to dominate the CL for years to come. Hopefully it will be at a venue that can handle the tie and our victory won't be overshadowed by what happens off the pitch.

The bright side is that this competition is now our domain and we'll be stronger next season and do well again don't forget it's Rome next time.

The Hicks nightmare will soon be over.

Hopefully Chelsea will get themselves on par with Aston Villa and make Ferguson have a heart attack with the sorrow.

Some Mancs will end up tasting Russian bizzies mace and truncheons on their face hopefully.

We'l meet them in the final soon though, as English teams are going to dominate the CL for years to come. Hopefully it will be at a venue that can handle the tie and our victory won't be overshadowed by what happens off the pitch.

I want them in the knock out stage next season, second leg at Anfield. I want to give them a European experience prolonged over two legs that will make them puke in pain and sorrow.

For me.

1. We scored 2 goals.

2. I don't have to go to bed at 11 pm and wake up at 1.30 am and stay up until possibly 5 am (if things go all the way to penalties) and end up deeply depressed if we lose. Then get to bed for another 2 hours sleep (which may not be possible whether we win or lose) and then going to work to meet a few Utd fans at the office.

for me...

1. this season we signed torres (our most expensive striker), babel, masherano (our most expensive midfielder), srktal (our most expensive defender).

2. adding agger to our back line next season will (imho) help us keep more clean sheets

3. babel would have had a year to bed in fingers crossed he lights up the premier league next season.

that's enough for now

in an odd why I'm sad but a 'little' relieved to be out because losing to the mancs in the league is bad enough but the possibility of losing to them in the EUROPEAN CUP FINAL would probably push me over the edge and lets face it our record v the manc in cup finals is fucking abysmal.