You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's That Time Of Year When Wenger's....

Anubis

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Deflecting attention from failure is a growing skill amongst managers, it's an evolutionary step that's grown out of the Sky generation's impatience for nothing other than world domination.

It's the only way they get left alone long enough to get on with the job.

Arsenal were brilliant yesterday though. For all of united's gloating how they're the best side, Arsenal clearly play the better football. ManUre scored from 2 set pieces and didn't create much else while the goons with their 'inferior' players played them off the park. So you can't blame Wenger for feeling a bit pissed off.

. So you can't blame Wenger for feeling a bit pissed off.

To be fair to you mate you can blame Wenger.

It is his fault, that even though he wants his team to play sexy football, he picked Toure at rRB and put Song in, has Gallas as captain, picking/persisting with Senderos for 4 years, has spent no money to strengthen his squad in January with his own words "We where top of the league so why change a winning team". If Wenger can't see through that huge fucking mistake then Arsenal have no hope in winning the league over the next 10 years.

He got big headed and assumed his team and squad was good enough and big enough to win everything in that glorious way. Every other person in football could clearly see that they did not have a big enough squad.

I bet a lot of those young players like Van Persie, will be fucked in a few years with all the injuries they have suffered due to their manager not having suitable replacements in place.

I like to watch good football, but football is not just about playing the sexy way, it is now about tactics more than anything else, and Wenger is lacking when it comes to the pressure being piled on. e went to the same excuse school as Gerard Houllier, Mourinho to name a few.

Long live counter attacking controlling the game tactics and a massive belief not arrogance, as that is what gets you to big finals and helps you to overcome the odds.

...fragile venner of sanity starts to crack.

Did anyone else hear his interview on Five Live after the game yesterday? He went further than he did in his televised interview, and basically hinted that since March there had been some sort of conspiracy against Arsenal progressing in both the Premiership and CL. He didn't actually use the word 'conspiracy', but did hint strongly at it, with a reference both to the game yesterday and the game last week at Anfield. When challeneged to elaborate he simply responded "now is not the time."

I do think, great manager though he is, that he is quite paranoid and possibly suffers from a mild form of depression, which exhibits itself when he feels most under pressure in some bizarre responses to questions put to him.

I've tried, in vain, to find a link to the interview on the BBC website, without success.

Can you imagine an evening in the company of Wenger and Al Fayed.....

On MOTD last night , as they were talking about the Arse, Dixon began to infer that Wenger was operating under great financial constraints. Hmm. Really?

in all honesty arsenal have played a blinder. their current board is intact and they have their stadium built without massive debt on the club and they are still comfortably finishing in CL positions.

compare and contrast their situation with ours.

On MOTD last night , as they were talking about the Arse, Dixon began to infer that Wenger was operating under great financial constraints. Hmm. Really?

HAving £69 Million to spend this January is some constraint alright.

Dixon is an arse.

Would rather be in their position regarding the board and finances though as spider-neil said.

in all honesty arsenal have played a blinder. their current board is intact and they have their stadium built without massive debt on the club and they are still comfortably finishing in CL positions.

compare and contrast their situation with ours.

Can't disagree with that but to make up stuff to suit your agenda and then say it as gospel on the telly makes him look foolish. Don't get me wrong, I like Arsenal, mainly because I have a close friend who is a massive fan but any fans, including our own, who believe their team has a divine right to win something can't complain when they are laughed at.

An example is when I watched the 2-1 Mellor game with him and the 1-0 at Anfield two seasons ago (I think Garcia scored late on at the Kop end). We thoroughly dicked on them in both games, having shot after shot, but he was completely convinced we didn't deserve it as they were passing the ball nicely when they had it. Contrast this to when we lost at their ground in the same season and I shook his hand and said "You were the better team" (and then left to have a good shout). Sometimes it's hard to have sympathy for some people.

Can't disagree with that but to make up stuff to suit your agenda and then say it as gospel on the telly makes him look foolish. Don't get me wrong, I like Arsenal, mainly because I have a close friend who is a massive fan but any fans, including our own, who believe their team has a divine right to win something can't complain when they are laughed at.

An example is when I watched the 2-1 Mellor game with him and the 1-0 at Anfield two seasons ago (I think Garcia scored late on at the Kop end). We thoroughly dicked on them in both games, having shot after shot, but he was completely convinced we didn't deserve it as they were passing the ball nicely when they had it. Contrast this to when we lost at their ground in the same season and I shook his hand and said "You were the better team" (and then left to have a good shout). Sometimes it's hard to have sympathy for some people.

what annoys me is what arsenal have done we could have done with careful planning.

the players

invested heavily in youth (to be fair we are doing this now)

the long and the short is basically finishing in the top 4 year in year out without a massive outlay

the board

arsenal have maximised they revenue with world wide marketing and we have been dreadful in this regard,

the stadium

deals left right and center to get the stadium up and running in the most expensive city in the uk. naming rights, shirt deals you name it

end result; stadium is built AND the board remain intact meaning a huge sum of money isn't placed on the club basically paying the new owners for the privillge of owning us. frankly we couldn't have handled the situtation WORSE if we tried.

He is very proud of his team of 'winners' (most of whom havent won a decent trophy), thinks they have matured, and 'next season bla bla bla bla'.

Am I the only one who hates wenger more than fergie?

You're mental.... seriously get some help!!!!

what annoys me is what arsenal have done we could have done with careful planning.

the players

invested heavily in youth (to be fair we are doing this now)

the long and the short is basically finishing in the top 4 year in year out without a massive outlay

the board

arsenal have maximised they revenue with world wide marketing and we have been dreadful in this regard,

the stadium

deals left right and center to get the stadium up and running in the most expensive city in the uk. naming rights, shirt deals you name it

end result; stadium is built AND the board remain intact meaning a huge sum of money isn't placed on the club basically paying the new owners for the privillge of owning us. frankly we couldn't have handled the situtation WORSE if we tried.

we too could have won fuck all in 4 years if we had really tried.

they were self imposed, they have spent money but not as much and Wenger has kept the books balanced during the time they built the stadium to ease the financial burden on the club because he cares about the club and the debt. it is quite remarkable

now though he can spend as they're paying down the debt and have more money coming in, so he has plenty of money to spend if he wants it.

they were self imposed, they have spent money but not as much and Wenger has kept the books balanced during the time they built the stadium to ease the financial burden on the club because he cares about the club and the debt. it is quite remarkable

now though he can spend as they're paying down the debt and have more money coming in, so he has plenty of money to spend if he wants it.

That's the only point I was trying to make. Not that they're badly run and not to compare them with us in any way. I just wanted to say that if they're looking for excuses then a lack of money isn't one that's available to them, assuming of course that the reports are true.

Whinger has built a couple of great footballing sides based on the pass and move principle (we could improve on that score) but what a miserable moaning old goat hes become.

He knows his principle of building from youth will fall short unless he splashes the sort of cash Manure and Chavski have, but that will undermine his whole approach to the modern game.

Dirk's right. They're all the bloody same. You only have to listen to the norks who ring in to radio shows. It's always someone else's fault. Arsenal never poay badly or deserve to lose, it's always circumstances that prevent them from winning anything. And the shit Wenger is coming out with now reinforces that belief. Whining fucking idiot.

Edit: If they had Torres up front they'd have already won the league by now. Adebayor is a waste of space.

hardly as waste of space. hes scored 19 league goals.