You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bins

Paul

I wear  

60 members have voted

1. 1. I wear

• glasses.
    • contacts.
    • a mix and match of both.
    • nothing - my eyes are perfect.
    • nothing - I've had corrective jiggery-pokery done.

I've been wearing glasses since December, and use them for watching telly and when I'm on the computer (i.e. at work and at home) I've got astigmatism and over the past few years I've noticed how reading lettering has gradually become more difficult. The straw that broke the camel's back was when I noticed that I could see the screen ok when watching the footy but the score in the top left corner was all blurry like when you first wake up and look at the alarm clock. I only need 0.5 prescription but I felt like Mr. fuckin' Magoo before I got them.

I now look like James Wade the darts player, and it was a twat shelling out £150 the Saturday before Christmas but at least I can now see properly!

I have worn them since I was 7 months old (crazy NHS wraparound job) and have always had a crazy turn in my left eye (gozzy, bog-eyed) whatever you want to call it.

18 months ago an optician in ASDA (FFS) told me I could have surgery to correct this.

I'm 29 and its took this long for some fucker to tell me that the major source of embarassment and ridicule in my life CAN BE FIXED.

Anyway I spent a year doing test (Botox injections in the eyes) _______insert joke here, and in Sept had an op to correct the muscles........... crazy shit indeed, but its alot better now and I feel better about myself.

Surgery Rules.

(until they fall out circa 2020)

bigredruss √, Captain √, Carradona √, David L √, Gav √, JIMBO1210, Jorge Borge, kop √, kopitegaz √, madstock √, Malarkey √, moxter, niallers, odriscoll, PaddyBerger15 √, RedinSweden √, RedKnight √, Scouse Missionary √, Section_31, sh#t waffle √, Stu Monty √, Ted √, Thomo123, TK421 √, Tom R √, weeksie √,

I reckon if half you douchebags had eye tests you'd be fucked and would have to wear glasses. The other half are too young yet and blindness is in the post.

I'd just like to add though that they're a fucking rip-off too.

I don't think they are. I now prefer the way I look with glasses than without and, as I wear them all the time, they are a big part of my self-image. I bought a new pair between Christmas and New Year and they were £325 all in. Now that might sound a lot, but it's less than 50p a day for something I have to wear over the approximate two year life of the glasses.

That said, they're obviously not as noticeable to others as they are to me. I got what I perceived to be a radically different style of frames that took me ages to decide upon as they looked so different to me. I then had a meal with my extended family a couple of days later and no-one even noticed. Oh well, I like 'em.

Mine are terrible. My prescription is -10, which means I don't even have to pay for eye tests, they're that bad. To counter this I have to spend about £500 on highly refractive glass in order to keep the lenses thin. I also have astigmatism, which means I need toric contact lenses, which again bumps the price up. Without the corrective stuff though, I'd be fumbling about with a labrador (oops). With them, my eyeseight is more or less perfect.

bigredruss √, Captain √, Carradona √, David L √, Gav √, JIMBO1210, Jorge Borge, kop √, kopitegaz √, madstock √, Malarkey √, moxter, niallers, odriscoll, PaddyBerger15 √, RedinSweden √, RedKnight √, Scouse Missionary √, Section_31, sh#t waffle √, Stu Monty √, Ted √, Thomo123, TK421 √, Tom R √, weeksie √,

I reckon if half you douchebags had eye tests you'd be fucked and would have to wear glasses. The other half are too young yet and blindness is in the post.

Read my post boy! My eyes are actually getting better and have astounded medical science!

I don't think they are. I now prefer the way I look with glasses than without and, as I wear them all the time, they are a big part of my self-image. I bought a new pair between Christmas and New Year and they were £325 all in. Now that might sound a lot, but it's less than 50p a day for something I have to wear over the approximate two year life of the glasses.

That said, they're obviously not as noticeable to others as they are to me. I got what I perceived to be a radically different style of frames that took me ages to decide upon as they looked so different to me. I then had a meal with my extended family a couple of days later and no-one even noticed. Oh well, I like 'em.

I could understand if it was lenses as they have to be crafted and purpose made, but the price of frames takes the piss IMO, unless they're made out of solid gold!

I started wearing glasses in my mid twenties. I switch between glasses and daily contact lenses now, although laziness means I wear my glasses most of the time. I need to do something about the daily lenses they keep sending me, since I seem to be stockpiling them in the bathroom cupboard. I'm on a monthly scheme with Vision Express for them. As I write I think I'm coming to the conclusion that I should nip this in the bud and save myself £20 odd a month.

Thanks GF!

This douchbag has excellent vision thank you very much.

Guest PaddyBerger15

Just because YOU are a spazzy, four eyes, doesn't mean that the rest of us are infirm and weak.

Guest PaddyBerger15
For all the wanking you do, I thought you'd be a dead cert for a pair of bin lids.

Yeah me too, luckily I've never spurted in my eyes yet....I've got a few bullet holes in the ceiling though.

I only need 0.5 prescription but I felt like Mr. fuckin' Magoo before I got them.

I now look like James Wade the darts player, and it was a twat shelling out £150 the Saturday before Christmas but at least I can now see properly!

James Wade, my arse, you're the missing Proclaimer. I need 1.5 in both eyes. I'll be the second missing proclaimer stood next to you once my new ones are bought.