You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

36 Quai des Orfevres. 9/10

Reckoned to be the French equivalent to Heat. Is it bollocks, it is far superior. Daniel Auteuil and Gerard Depardieu are brilliant in it, the soundtrack fits it pretty much perfectly and like most French films it is brilliant to look at.

No dialogue thrown in for the sake of it, in fact not a huge amount of dialogue in general unless it is actually needed. Not so much French equivalent to Heat, more the film Heat wishes it could be.

Never Let Me Go.

The missus dragged me to this as she'd read the book. "Fucking great" I thought; "Another two hours watching a film about people and their stupid fucking emotions - In Japanese". T'was not so; It's a really lovely film that actually put a lump in my grizzled cynical throat. I love dystopian films and books and this (gently) presses that button. The weight of the film's terrifying central tenet casts a sick light over the whole thing - it's really well done The cast (which includes Keira Knightly, Charlotte Rampling and ) are all fucking brilliant in it and you really feel for the kids in it and the adults who have to live with what they do. Loved it I did

8/10

Pour Elle - 8/10. Superb French thriller about a guy who decides to break his wife out of the clink. Fair play to him.

From Paris With Love - 2/10. Absolutely fucking terrible. Travolta, yet again, has it turned up to 11 and even manages to piss on the best role he's had in 20 odd years at one point.

However, I did enjoy it when it didn't take itself seriously. So maybe 2/10 is a little harsh.

Pour Elle - 8/10. Superb French thriller about a guy who decides to break his wife out of the clink. Fair play to him.

From Paris With Love - 2/10. Absolutely fucking terrible. Travolta, yet again, has it turned up to 11 and even manages to piss on the best role he's had in 20 odd years at one point.

However, I did enjoy it when it didn't take itself seriously. So maybe 2/10 is a little harsh.

Are you actually reasoning with yourself within that post? Brilliant.

Repped (the two of you).

I will give this a watch but I find I want to put my wife in the clink so maybe its a bit unrealistic!

Guest TK-421

Surveillance

Another movie about murders. I'm not sure about Bill Pullman's performance in this. Jennifer Lynch directs. Marked down for being too predictable (I clocked it early and I'm rubbish at these things) and some terrible acting in parts. Marked up for keeping me watching and having its moments.

5.9/10

Reckoned to be the French equivalent to Heat. Is it bollocks, it is far superior. Daniel Auteuil and Gerard Depardieu are brilliant in it, the soundtrack fits it pretty much perfectly and like most French films it is brilliant to look at.

No dialogue thrown in for the sake of it, in fact not a huge amount of dialogue in general unless it is actually needed. Not so much French equivalent to Heat, more the film Heat wishes it could be.

Sounds ace. I'll hunt them down this weekend.. Cheers!

Yes much better than heat,which isnt one of my favourites by a long shot,too much style over substance for me.

This was the real deal but I'd give it an 8.5/10

Unknown 7/10 good solid action thriller with a clever twist, Neeson is always good value too. Well worth a watch.

The Eagle 6/10, film about a Roman officer who goes to the north of England to reclaim the standard of the disappeared 9th legion. Some good action scenes - especially the 'Testudo' - but some very lame dialogue and plot holes aplenty.