You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On 24/08/2022 at 11:45, Mook said:

Is George Harrison one of the greatest song writers ever? I wouldn't have thought so.

Be lucky if he's written 10 great songs.

This might or might not be a fair statement but I guarantee he's written better songs than anything Led Zeppelin have ever done. Even the riffs. 

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

This might or might not be a fair statement but I guarantee he's written better songs than anything Led Zeppelin have ever done. Even the riffs. 

Aye, you don't seem to like Led Zeppelin very much though so I would expect that.

Personally I think Zeppelin produced seven amazing studio LPs whereas Harrison couldn't muster one.

Anyway, music isn't a competition, bringing Led Zeppelin into it was a bit of an odd one.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mook said:

Aye, you don't seem to like Led Zeppelin very much though so I would expect that.

Personally I think Zeppelin produced seven amazing studio LPs whereas Harrison couldn't muster one.

Anyway, music isn't a competition, bringing Led Zeppelin into it was a bit of an odd one.

I was fishing for a reaction mate. X 

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Stig is just sticking up for George because he’s a scouser like himself, just like you’d fly into a rage if one of us slagged off one of your cultural legends like Wee Jimmy Krankie or Jimmy Somerville.  

You’ve probably got the Krankies living up your arse actually. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Stig is just sticking up for George because he’s a scouser like himself, just like you’d fly into a rage if one of us slagged off one of your cultural legends like Wee Jimmy Krankie or Jimmy Somerville.  

You’ve probably got the Krankies living up your arse actually. 

Scotland is up there with Ireland for producing the worst ratio of decent bands in the World. The only three Scottish artists I would bother my arse to defend are The Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Primal Scream & The Incredible String Band. That's because they've made some good music nothing to do with where they're from.

Nae cunt slags Russ Abbott either.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mook said:

Scotland is up there with Ireland for producing the worst ratio of decent bands in the World. The only three Scottish artists I would bother my arse to defend are The Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Primal Scream & The Incredible String Band. That's because they've made some good music nothing to do with where they're from.

I had you down as a hardcore Gerry Cinnamon fan Mook?

On 27/08/2022 at 22:35, Gnasher said:

On the Beeb now, she's fucking boss,

I've seen this a number of times.  It's a difficult watch for some as she's exposing her demons on stage - a combination of prescription and non-prescription drugs, her paranoia and schizophrenia manifesting itself in a performance, rambling, semi-coherent and self-indulgent.  I've known people watch this in tears; similarly, I've known people who are convinced it has almost no artistic merit and is essentially watching a smackhead, albeit one with some formal piano training, singing in the street.  Given her history, and her propensity to harangue and slag off and bully her audiences, I'm inclined to regard this as self-indulgent crap.   Others will attach huge significance and the phrase 'tortured genius' to it.  Hey-ho.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I've seen this a number of times.  It's a difficult watch for some as she's exposing her demons on stage - a combination of prescription and non-prescription drugs, her paranoia and schizophrenia manifesting itself in a performance, rambling, semi-coherent and self-indulgent.  I've known people watch this in tears; similarly, I've known people who are convinced it has almost no artistic merit and is essentially watching a smackhead, albeit one with some formal piano training, singing in the street.  Given her history, and her propensity to harangue and slag off and bully her audiences, I'm inclined to regard this as self-indulgent crap.   Others will attach huge significance and the phrase 'tortured genius' to it.  Hey-ho.

Yeah its very uncomfortable at times but then her genius on some songs is just breathtaking. She said she learnt the piano because of her love of Bach. She was certainly one of a kind.

On 28/08/2022 at 07:27, Mook said:

The Bluebells? 

31 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Yeah its very uncomfortable at times but then her genius on some songs is just breathtaking. She said she learnt the piano because of her love of Bach. She was certainly one of a kind.

I really don't think this shows her genius at all, rather her propensity for huge self-indulgence and drug taking.  The bit at the end where she pulls off some shite dancing, trying to get the audience to pick up on some non-existent African vibe, was just terrible.  She was definitely shaped by her upbringing, brutalised by it, I'd say.   Anyway, by the time this  study in self-pity was recorded, she was essentially done as a creative artist.