You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FULHAM MATCH THREAD

RedAdmiral

We just need to really go for it from the off. Really get at them, press them, give them no time on the ball at all and keep a fast pace. Crouch has to start. Gerrard and the Chief in the middle. Finnan will be back and play Arbeloa on the left.

If he starts with Crouch, my guess is he will go with Aurelio on the LB to get some decent crosses in...

And after tuesday Arbeloa deserves to keep his place at RB. Finnan could learn a thing or two about commiting forwards from Albert.....

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be a crossroads for Rafa. I've always been in favour of his rotation as far as it's 'pick the best team for the match concerned' but this game is similar to Tuesday - home game that we should win, with the same players available. Given that the whole f the starting XI played out of their skins the other day, any changes he makes really are 'change for the sake of change'.

The only obvious change would be to reshuffle the wings and full backs (for example, bring Finnan back, and LB/LW any combination of Arbeloa, Aurelio, Riise, Kewell and Babel). But I honestly don't see how he could change the strikers. As much as I'm a Kuyt fan, I don't see how he can reward mediocrity byt dropping either Crouch or Voronin given their performances the other day. That said, I'd love to see Crouch & Babel up front again.

We should stuff this lot but given our recent form, any win would do fine and get the confidence going a little bit more.

Riise is the only one who deserved to be dropped, and I would love to see Kewell work his magic from the first minute if he is up for it....

As heartening as it was to see Kewell's sticky boots, head up and inch perfect crossing routine on Tuesday night, there's no way I want to see him starting. His fitness could prove crucial for us this season if we're going to challenge and I don't want him rushed back. A place on the bench should be Harry's role in the run up to the important CL matches and the United game. I also don't want to see Xabi or El Nino brought back too soon. Fulham are shite and we should keep a largely unchanged side from in the week and just twat 'em.

Pepe

Albert Carra Sami Aurelio

Yossi Gerrard The Chief Babel

Crouchinho Voronin

I would be very happy with that......

Saturday, 10th November, kick-off: 17:15 (BST)

1518741_max.jpg

1518743_normal.jpgVS 1518744_normal.jpg

The Reds are still unbeaten in the Premier League this season, but they slipped down to seventh following last weekend's draw at Blackburn.

Fulham have so far failed to register a win away from Craven Cottage, but they were the last club to beat Liverpool in the league.

FORM GUIDE

Liverpool

Nov 6 v Besiktas (H) WON 8-0 (Champ League)

Nov 3 v Blackburn (A) DREW 0-0 (PREM)

Oct 31 v Cardiff (H) WON 2-1 (Carling)

Oct 28 v Arsenal (H) DREW 1-1 (PREM)

Oct 24 v Besiktas (A) LOST 2-1 (Champ League)

Fulham

Nov 3 v Reading (H) WON 3-1 (PREM)

Oct 27 v Sunderland (A) DREW 1-1 (PREM)

Oct 20 v Derby (H) DREW 0-0 (PREM)

Oct 7 v Portsmouth (H) LOST 2-0 (PREM)

Sept 29 v Chelsea (A) Drew 0-0 (PREM)

skysports.com prediction:

Liverpool 2 Fulham 0

Goal.com prediction:

Liverpool 3 Fulham 0

Check this Thread Frequently During the Match for Goals and Clips LIVE

It really makes me laugh the way we (Liverpool fans) like to complain about the short-termist attitude of other supporters/clubs/pundits etc yet after one half decent game, Finnan is ousted from the team!

Arbeloa's a good player and i'd start him at left back, but Finnan is first choice for me. One game doesn't change that for me.

I'd go with:

-------------Reina

Finnan--Carra--Hyypia--Arbeloa

Benayoun--Gerrard--Mascherano--Riise

------------Babel--Crouch

Putting Finnan back in now would just be rotation for rotation's sake. ;)

Touché!

I wouldn't have rotated him in the first place though, so not really ;-)

I just hope we go after them and try to batter them. It was nice to see us going for more goals the other night.

More change for change sake! Sick of it! :whistle:

On a serious note, can't really complain after the midweek game although I do feel sorry a bit for Finnan and it would also be nice to see Kewell involved for his fitness.

Interesting that Kuyt's not involved...

More change for change sake! Sick of it! :whistle:

On a serious note, can't really complain after the midweek game although I do feel sorry a bit for Finnan and it would also be nice to see Kewell involved for his fitness.

Interesting that Kuyt's not involved...

Why? The lad has only been average by his standards this season and Arbeloa is worthy of his place in the team.