Quantcast
Tis a full moon - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Uncle_Meat

Tis a full moon

Apologies, it was late..

Anyway, that beautiful *night* has transmogrified into a gorgeous morning, a veritable frosty wonderland, alas melting swiftly under a lonely sun embedded into an azure blue sky. Overnight low of -1.9C, currently a toasty -1C.

Look at some of the comments to this article on whether the full moon causes mood swings.

http://scienceline.org/2008/03/ask-grant-fullmoon/

My favourite:

" My daughter is very intuitive. She seems to sense things before it happens. She has been like this since she was little and is now 45. On a full moon when she leaves a store, the door alarms go off. She says she feels a magnetism on the full moon days. "

My brother is an ambulance dispatcher. He always dreads working nights on a full-moon. He says it really does bring the crazies out in force. Apparently the level of crank calls goes up a good few notches.

My birds family swear her nan used to go crazy on a full moon and the Mrs has caused big arguments over fuck all a few times over the last few months and every time on a full moon.

She doesn't set the door alarm off in Asda though.

My birds family swear her nan used to go crazy on a full moon and the Mrs has caused big arguments over fuck all a few times over the last few months and every time on a full moon.

She doesn't set the door alarm off in the Asda though.

Fixed.

• Upvote 1

Thats all true, the moon gets electrically charged by the Earth's magnetotail when the moon is full. It's not so much the surface of the moon, it's the half of the moon in darkness that collects the electrons and becomes electrically charged. It releases positive ions in the air which actually make you more irritable and can cause hyperactivity and depression. You'll notice this on the forum by more instances of arguments in the lead up to a full moon.

I never really notice the full moon affecting my Mrs, she's just a grumpy twat most of the time anyway

Understandable. I imagine it would play on a woman's mind, not being able to remember the bizarre names her husband chose for the kids.

How are Fleegle, Bingo, Drooper and Snorky these days anyway?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Myself and the rest of the pack will be heading to Delamere Forest. I suggest you steer clear after dark.

Just managed to walk 3 dogs over a few fields instead of taking the roads on account of the moon being so bright. I did the walk backwards obviously. Beat it.

Just driven down to Ipswich for work. Booked into one of these pub restaurants with accommodation. Got settled. Had my tea. Have just wandered back to the room across the pub garden, and there’s a fucking massive blood red full moon hanging low in the sky. I’m stuck in Suffolk, werewolf fucking central, on a full moon, and without any silver bullets or knives.

Luckily my room is on the first floor and two German families have just booked into family rooms on the ground floor. A veritable all-you-can-eat buffet for a werewolf.

• Upvote 4