You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

From Chris Bascombe. . .

dave u

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably, but I generally prefer to be succinct. If anyone was unduly offended, I apologise, but I stand behind the sentiment.

Any evidence for that or are you just spouting crap again? I don't write anything on here I wouldn't say to someone's face, and that's the truth.

It's a gift.

Fine then you can meet me next home match in the Sandon and repeat your comment to me there.

Or if you're local we can go for a pint and discuss it.

I found myself reading that thinking how often ive thought the same about liverpool. However, I think its important that this conservative tag isn't misinterpreted for what others would call principle and loyalty. He touched on the munich chants and 'superscouse say so' but as with any cross section of people you're gonna get radicals whos opinions are diluted further down the spectrum.

I can never recall owen getting any stick for what he did although i know quite a few were angered by gerrard. Always remember the NOTW hoarding getting driven past hundreds of reds outside the millenium stadium and it got a tirade of cans of ale.

I can see where Chris is coming from and yes bucking the trend isn't easily done. He's a talented bloke who's articles I always looked out for. Its just a shame i won't be reading his work anymore because of principle, NOT conservatism.

Otherwise good luck to him. Hes deserved his chance way before now.

Cmon gents, we are all on the same side here!!

I haven't threatened him nor do I intend to but what he said in his reply which he's had to apologise for is scandalous. I just want to see if he takes the arrogant, pompous condescending attitude he displays on here into a face to face meeting. I suspect he won't but life is always full of surprises.

I haven't threatened him nor do I intend to but what he said in his reply which he's had to apologise for is scandalous. I just want to see if he takes the arrogant, pompous condescending attitude he displays on here into a face to face meeting. I suspect he won't but life is always full of surprises.

And if he does, then you threaten him????:yes:

Like when the missus gives you a blowjob without you asking!!

Hang on a minute lad, you called him "a fuckin' cowardly gobshite". Im not surprised he answered with a 'pompous condescending attitude'. I'd have fucked you off as well, and I'm a shithouse.

I think he could have put it better, but I agree with the sentiment behind it.

Bascombe is just being used by News International to buy marketshare in Liverpool hence offsetting the finanical implications of the boycott of the sun. Shame on him.

That has to be the most ludicrus post on here yet.

I am sure Bascombe is clever enough to see that if it where the case, and the NOTW is not the S*N.

Bascombe is just being used by News International to buy marketshare in Liverpool hence offsetting the finanical implications of the boycott of the sun. Shame on him.

Will Bascombe writing for the NOTW honestly make anyone who does not buy it. Buy it. I doubt it.

Its full of Abi tittmus minge shots and gossip. Rubbish.

Anyone who says they buy the NOTW for the football stories is talking light.

I am not in denial I am fully knowledgeable on who they are and what they consist of. So your telling me...................ah forget it, waste of typing energy in explaining the full issue to you.

What makes you think I don't understand the full issue. Pretty arrogant that, is it not?

Will Bascombe writing for the NOTW honestly make anyone who does not buy it. Buy it. I doubt it.

Its full of Abi tittmus minge shots and gossip. Rubbish.

Anyone who says they buy the NOTW for the football stories is talking light.

Have to say that was the funniest bit iv read on this thread

That has to be the most ludicrus post on here yet.

I am sure Bascombe is clever enough to see that if it where the case, and the NOTW is not the S*N.

I’m a bit surprised your post was most branded ”the most ludicrus post on here yet”, as you have a very valid point. People on here seem to only look at this from Bascombe’s angle. I’m sure he’s a top man, I’m not questioning that, but….

The boycott of the S*n has been going on for nearly 30 years, that’s a remarkable fact. It’s also a fact that news international/the S*n have tried to end that boycott. They’ve always failed because it’s been too easy to unveil that their motivation was not regret, purely a wish to earn more money.

Only naive people would believe they’ve given up. Put yourselves in the seat of the marketing director of news international. From that position Bascombe is a scoop. What better way to decrease the effect of the boycott than to hire the most respected Reds journalist, a man who’s integrity would not be questioned by those who’s actually boycotting the S*n. OK, it’s not possible to let him write for the S*n (yet), it wouldn’t be accepted neither by the readers in Merseyside, nor Bascombe himself. So, let us sneak him in through the back door, the NOTW.

If I were in charge of news international I’d say: “Give that Bascombe guy an offer he can’t turn down, get that man!”

I’m not saying Bascombe’s decision is bad or immoral, I’ll leave that to you local lads. But I would say you’ve got a point that deserves thinking not ridicule.