You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mobiles in Work Toilets

Son of L8

So I went to pinch one out in the bogs at the office yesterday afternoon, and there was a bloke occupying my favourite corner stall. So I politely went for the opposite corner so as not to violate the basic Two-Stall Rule. I'd have predicted at this point an uneventful visit, but as soon as I got down to business I heard one of the worst things I might expect to hear in the loo - a mobile phone ringing. How embarassing. I assumed the lad would snatch it out, silence it and go back to what he was doing...

I was wrong. The next thing I heard was a beep sound, followed by "Hiya... No, it's alright, I'm not busy. Go ahead." And he started to chat business. On the phone. In the stall.

Is this wrong, or am I mad? I would have said that answering a phone while pinching a loaf is one of the most wrong things a person can do in the course of a day. I think that, fundamentally, talking on the phone while having a shite is just directly against the grain of normal, moral behaviour. One does not shit and talk on the phone at the same time. Am I wrong?

To express how wrong I thought his behaviour was, I bunched up and released a fart of monumental proportions. One of those loud, brassy ones that reverberate around the room like a badly off-key trumpet. Ended his phone call in a fucking hurry. Was I wrong to do that? I don't think so.

One of our customers must've had his mobile in his pocket without keylock on and it phoned us from his pocket. We spent half an hour yelling obscenities down it but he didn't notice. Heard all his conversations and his trip to the bog with sound effects.

What's the problem? A perfectly time saving, efficient process. I often send texts to friends saying I'm having a massive shit so I thought of you - works great with the ladies. What actual problem is there? They can't smell or see the turd so what's offending them? How is it a wrong on a moral level - are you in denial about others shitting? Though only beef I'd have is if he was beating one off

i was caught short in the mailbox once and was doing a number 2 when this guy comes into the stall next to me and is making all sorts of noises and then his phone rings.i was shocked when he starts talking on it for what seems like ages as he's still on it when i left. i've texted before but never phoned

I thought this was going to be another version of something that once happened to a colleague of mine...

I used to work as a department manager for M&S in Manc. One lad went to the bog and when he came back he was bright red and looked pretty emotional. Being a caring boss I asked him if everything was okay. "I can't believe it!" he kept repeating.

When I finally got the story this is what had happened:

He goes to the public toilets (staff ones were about three flights away) and takes a cubicle. Just moments after he's sat down a shopper in the next cubicle says

"Alright mate?"

So not wanting to be rude he says

"Alright"

"How you doing?" Enquires the shopper?

"Erm I'm alright thanks"

"What are you up to?"

"Er, er well I work here, I'm on a break"

"Listen I'm going to have to go, someone in the next cubicle keeps answering all my questions!"

I thought this was going to be another version of something that once happened to a colleague of mine...

I used to work as a department manager for M&S in Manc. One lad went to the bog and when he came back he was bright red and looked pretty emotional. Being a caring boss I asked him if everything was okay. "I can't believe it!" he kept repeating.

He goes to the public toilets (staff ones were about three flights away) and takes a cubicle. Just moments after he's sat down a shopper in the next cubicle says

"Alright mate?"

"Alright"

"Erm I'm alright thanks"

"What are you up to?"

"Listen I'm going to have to go, someone in the next cubicle keeps answering all my questions!"

Thats funny as fuck mate.:lol: :lol:

Not sure if I've posted this before, but my mate dropped the phone down the bog whilst talking to his now-wife. He didn't interrupt his stream, but fished it out once he'd finished. His efforts to dry his handset out resulted in a very aromatic flat.

"Alright mate?"

"Alright"

"Erm I'm alright thanks"

"What are you up to?"

So, as a caring boss, what did you say to your employee? And did you keep a straight face? I don't think i could have, i'd've just called him a dopey twat and told him to get back to work. See, that's why i don't apply for bosses jobs!

I thought this was going to be another version of something that once happened to a colleague of mine...I used to work as a department manager for M&S in Manc. One lad went to the bog and when he came back he was bright red and looked pretty emotional. Being a caring boss I asked him if everything was okay. "I can't believe it!" he kept repeating.

"Alright mate?"

"Alright"

"Erm I'm alright thanks"

"What are you up to?"

Mmm! The old 'colleague of mine' excuse,eh!