You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pennant in 'speaking sense' shocker

Bob

Pennant's been playing well for a while now. He's not been blowing our minds, but he has been quietly (unless someone fouls him) doing his job down the wing. I loved that great bit of skill when he split those two defenders and made them look silly on the touchline. I think he has guile and craft, and I fully expect him to show more of it as he gets more and more comfortable.

As far as him scoring goals is concerned...does anyone know how many attempts at goal he has taken so far this season? I can only remember one. Which leads me to believe he scared of trying, or Rafa has told him not to shot and put the cross in instead.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as him scoring goals is concerned...does anyone know how many attempts at goal he has taken so far this season? I can only remember one. Which leads me to believe he scared of trying, or Rafa has told him not to shot and put the cross in instead.

He's under instruction to not shoot?

As if.

He's never scored goals.

Pennant should put the cross in when he has the ball himself, or we play down the right hand side. However, when Riise or Babel puts in a cross, he should be in or around the box scoring.

Guest Dagger
if he had a yard more pace then he'd be a quality player

Id prefer Lennon or SWP to Pennant

SWP maybe but Pennant is far superior to the horribly overhyped Lennon

He's under instruction to not shoot?

As if.

He's never scored goals.

Good point, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's been told to look to get a cross in first. I honestly think he could provide a few goals if he would just get off the touchline every once in a while.

Also, good point as well Captain. It's almost like he's conditioned himself to do his best not to be in goal scoring positions. I think Rafa needs to go Bourne Identity on him and mentally recondition him to want to score.

While he's doing the reconditioning, maybe he can shave off that shit hair cut too.

Anyone that meets him that doesn't know him will want to slap his face, people who know him love him cos he is a cheeky cunt but totally a nice bloke. I don't know him really but the odd few times I have seen him he has been a knob jockey giving it the large.

Thank God he is learning some manners now. Learning how to string a sentence together is a good start for CAshely Cole's bezzie mate.